PDA

View Full Version : Transporting 101

Bigglezworth
April 6th, 2010, 20:02
Yesterday was a full day tied to driving and transporting a second RS6 from the US to Canada. STraight forward - right? I thought about everything except for one. Didn't account for the STUPID ass wheel stops on the U-Haul trailer that stuck up higher than the front or rear clips on the car. I drive 400 miles plus only to find out the car couldn't sit fully into the wheel stops so that they could be strapped down. Ended up grunting the car up over the wheel stops until it dropped down between the clip and the wheel (sounds worse than it really was). Just needed to remember not to back out as it would rip the clip off.

Once I got everything home I merely jacked the car up on each side and inserted some wood blocking that allowed me to back it up without damage and miss the wheel stops. The Audi isn't exactly the lowest sitting car out there, so I'm a little surprised to see such large wheel stops used for a transport trailer.

Anyway, a second ride in the fleet currently and will look to get the other car ready for sale in 4-6 weeks once I complete a couple of important mechanical updates that any Audi Dealer would do as part of their reconditioning service (i.e. brakes, timing belt, tensioners, water pump, CV boot that’s leaking, tranny flush and oil change).

V8weight
April 6th, 2010, 22:43
So what happened here? You bought a lower mileage car to replace your higher mileage unit?

DonS
April 8th, 2010, 14:44
Umm, pictures please! A shot of both cars in the driveway would be classic.

I read your post on the power comparison with yor original RS6. I hope you get it figured out.