PDA

View Full Version : Clearly not running to full potential

Bigglezworth
April 6th, 2010, 19:55
Well it became clear for me yesterday when a second RS6 landed in my driveway that my first one isn't running 100%. Cold starts are fantastic and the power roars. Once everything is warm things become lack lustre. Never realized so much the diminishing level of power until you sit in the seat of another ride to cross compare things to (not like they reside at the dealers for a test drive - right?).

V8weight
April 6th, 2010, 22:49
Get in touch with member JRS-RS6. We recently went through extensive troubleshooting with his car to diagnose a similar issue. In short, after a cold start the car made full boost, but after it warmed up the requested as well as the actual boost dropped 300-400 millibars. It turned out to be a faulty N75 valve, as with many electrical components, the resistance increases as the component temperature increases, but will show normal resistance when cold. Something to try anyhow. Do you own or have access to a VAG.COM?

Bigglezworth
April 7th, 2010, 05:36
Thanks Pat. Have planned on changing out that item for the past number of weeks, but simply haven't set aside the time to work on my cars. This makes 110% sense and will be changed out when I do all the silicone hoses that I've been procrastinating doing for months....

Will let you know how it all turns out.

bakes
April 7th, 2010, 15:04
Let me know the details of what you are selling as I'm looking to pick one up. I live west of Toronto.