PDA

View Full Version : 1975 911 carrera. should i buy it?

dahbo
March 26th, 2010, 15:15
Hi every one

I was offered a 1975 Porsche Carrera with 16,100 original miles. Im not so much into classic cars but i already have a slew of fast modern cars and thought this would be a good investment.

The car is all original and i would be getting it under market value, it is a horid color.
dull yellow, brown leather. The yellow was refered by my girlfriend as "YUK YELLOW"

should i get it or save up for the new M3

itisme
March 26th, 2010, 15:55
go and get it... it's an engineering masterpiece, the new M3 is just a modern sportscar... and will loose it's value fast

ben916
March 26th, 2010, 17:52
go and get it... it's an engineering masterpiece, the new M3 is just a modern sportscar... and will loose it's value fast

^^ What he wrote

Benman
March 26th, 2010, 19:56
^^ What he wrote

^^^ ditto that ^^^

:cheers:

Ben :addict:

SAFE4NOW
March 26th, 2010, 20:05
You MUST get a PPI BEFORE purchasing this car... ANY old school ( heck any car ) Porsche can have a lot of really expensive hidden repairs....

Other than that, YES... go for the old school... anyone can have a newer M3!

S

dahbo
March 27th, 2010, 14:35
Man, i hate this. car has been checked out, has all documents. the car belongs to a client of mine that owes me much denaro. this would be partial payment. it is the second lowest milage carrera in the country.
The main problem im having is the fact i dont have a garage! my M5 and RS6 sleep out side all year long, i cant leave this one out side. ( rust prone ) .
what to do!!!???
If i do take it next week ill post pics here after sending her to the detailer that posts on the forum.

You guys are right. God is not making anymore of these old cars. and they are mostly destroyed, modded or rusting away with a million miles. who knows maybe i can sell it when im 80 at pebble beach for a million :P

Bingocaller
March 27th, 2010, 17:30
I would build a garage - buy the super cool car and post some pics ASAP! :)

ben916
March 28th, 2010, 07:26
rent a storage unit or look for one of these odd things that is like a storage unit but you buy it and it can be a shop, storage, business, whatever BUT you can't live in it
They are like $100k for a 5-8yr loan and then association dues....
there is enough room in some for a motor home and a car or two and a second level

Anyone in Washington state can help find this one... it is in Tukwila or Federal Way area

dahbo
April 2nd, 2010, 14:01
Well folks, it didnt happen. I took the cash instead. If the car was red i would have jumped on it. but yuk yelow with brown leather didnt do it for me.