PDA

View Full Version : Annoying little interior noises

4everRS
March 25th, 2010, 22:38
I have a few minor noises that are starting to make me insane. First is a panel-on-panel creaking from the glovebox area. Some have already made suggestions of female side of velcro and adjusting the strike on the glovebox door(thanks Dhall and Pat).

Another is a low, moaning, squeak from the rear drivers side. It sounds like it is coming from the the rear glass somehow. I have tried the catches for the rear seat, bouncing the car, and wiggleing stuff back there to no avail. I can't replicate it until I get in the car and drive it. It is worse when the car is completely dry. Can the rear window seal cause this? Could it be suspension?

The last should be simple, and should be cured with a driver's side door adjustment. When hitting a bump, I can hear the seal on the door 'shift' slightly. This allows me to hear extremely breif moments of wind noise at the seal. The door seems to be lined up well looking from the outside. It's as if the door is slightly loose at the hinge and the rear of the door bounces a little when I hit a bump. I have heard to try to stay away from doing anything to the hinge if possible, and it seems very solid when I have to door open and try to move it up and down.

Replies are appreciated

4everRS
March 26th, 2010, 22:05
bump, (crickets chirping)

Aronis
March 29th, 2010, 02:12
Creaks and Groans, sounds like me in the morning.

Seals around doors need to be cleaned and treated, zymol makes a nice product.

My seats groan. I've killed the springs in the seats I guess.....

I hear you, those 'minor' things are really annoying when you just want a quiet ride home.

Mike

(speaking of noise, great to have the snow tires off!)

4everRS
March 29th, 2010, 03:04
Thanks Mike, just tonight I isolated the low moaning squeak to the suspension. I had to park it on an incline with the front of the rear tires on a little bump, hear the squeak, put it in park and pulled the ebrake. Got out and bounced the back of the car. It is the suspension - probably a dry bushing or something. I still have some adjusting to do to the interior panels to keep them off of eachother, but I felt victorious after finding the louder annoyance.

I was going to adjust the door, and the only place in town that has a triple square bit in that size, sells it as a kit for $45 ! I'll probably stop by a body shop and have them do it.

rks838
March 29th, 2010, 03:13
My '06 A4 has these as well - buzz at low rpm from the left driver's side air vent area and from a plastic piece up at the front ceiling lights going over bumps. Considering that many decades-old cars don't have these issues, they're highly annoying.