PDA

View Full Version : New RS6 Owner with a couple questions

demonic6
March 25th, 2010, 20:15
Hello all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought a Misano Red RS6 with just under 30k miles a couple weeks ago and am loving life right now! It has the factory sound exhaust, rear side airbags, and the second owner added the RNS-E nav with bluetooth. I never had any intentions on buying an RS6, but when I saw this one in person, I had to have it. First time I bought a car on a whim. The condition of it is near flawless. I also added a Fidelity warranty for peace of mind. I have been an avid BMW driver and this is my first Audi to date and first AWD car to date.

Anyways, I installed EBC Red Stuff front brake pads the other day before the rods in the factory pads were able to eat my rotors. My question is if you are supposed to use the shims from the factory pads with the EBC's? I did not and currently have a little bit of squealing. Thoughts?

Looking forward to being a part of this forum. It seems to be surprisingly active considering how few RS6's were brought to the US.

Cheers.

MaxRS6
March 25th, 2010, 20:28
Welcome aboard the

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/Miltanius/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg

Have you put a good bedding on the pads?

Dhall will be able to better answer your questions so I'll leave it to the brain..;0

V8weight
March 25th, 2010, 21:53
My question is if you are supposed to use the shims from the factory pads with the EBC's?
Cheers.
No, you don't reuse the factory shims for the Redstuff install. The squealing is normal, like Max said, they just require a good bedding in and the noise will go away.

Beastly
March 25th, 2010, 22:26
agreed with the advice above and hey..... post some pictures!

JRS-RS6
March 25th, 2010, 23:45
Run a hundred miles normal braking and than bed properly. Mine have quieted down a bit and feel great.

demonic6
March 26th, 2010, 17:52
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u209/NineFiveAero/RS6/DSC_6361-1.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u209/NineFiveAero/RS6/DSC_6337-1.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u209/NineFiveAero/RS6/DSC_6342-1.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u209/NineFiveAero/RS6/DSC_6371.jpg

DHall1
March 26th, 2010, 18:11
You got the best deal in the country on that car.

1st owner was/is still a member here. He has moved on to 2 R8s

How much/which plan Fidelity did you purchase and from what location?

Thanks and enjoy

ben916
March 26th, 2010, 18:12
Is this the one that was in the Autotrader with 29,xxx miles? Very nice example!
Kinda looks like it with the Park Place LTD frame and the Bellevue skyline...

Guess you will be using the speed sensor as Bellevue's finest are awfully friendly handing out mandatory donation slips.
Especially coming down NE 8th from 156th (crossroads mall area) with that LOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG downhill at 30mph and the radar cookin' your b@lls via Poncherello and John...

swimminggerman
March 26th, 2010, 20:47
did you get the car from Hawaii? Plates look familiar.

demonic6
March 26th, 2010, 20:48
You got the best deal in the country on that car.

1st owner was/is still a member here. He has moved on to 2 R8s

How much/which plan Fidelity did you purchase and from what location?

Thanks and enjoy

I ended up buying a 2 year/24k Fidelity Platinum warranty from Park Place Ltd. I know its pretty short term, but I have also never kept a car longer than 2 years. I generally keep my cars for about a year or so.

Is this the one that was in the Autotrader with 29,xxx miles? Very nice example!
Kinda looks like it with the Park Place LTD frame and the Bellevue skyline...

Guess you will be using the speed sensor as Bellevue's finest are awfully friendly handing out mandatory donation slips.
Especially coming down NE 8th from 156th (crossroads mall area) with that LOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG downhill at 30mph and the radar cookin' your b@lls via Poncherello and John...

This is the local AutoTrader car with 29k. The pictures online were pretty terrible and didnt remotely do justice to this cars condition. Its absoloutely immaculate! I couldnt be happier.
I actually travel down that hill quite often and am beginning to think twice about bombing around this area with how hard they are cracking down on speeders lately.....
Did you used to live in this area?

demonic6
March 26th, 2010, 20:50
did you get the car from Hawaii? Plates look familiar.

Haha...... It has actually been a local Washington State car its whole life

ben916
March 26th, 2010, 21:24
This is the local AutoTrader car with 29k. The pictures online were pretty terrible and didnt remotely do justice to this cars condition. Its absoloutely immaculate! I couldnt be happier.
I actually travel down that hill quite often and am beginning to think twice about bombing around this area with how hard they are cracking down on speeders lately.....
Did you used to live in this area?

I invited a close friend to look at that exact car as he is currently a Vette man. He was hmming and haaaaing at it. Then about 3 weeks ago, he emails me and related a story of how he rode in an A4 was was very impressed. I suggested he look at that Red RS6 link that I sent him.... Apparently someone else got it... :)

Born/raised/kicked out of Seattle ...
Blanchet High School. Greenlake. UW. Arboretum bridge jumping(with shoes on). Burke Gilman. Spud's, Leilani Lanes.
I served our fine military until 3 days before Panama and then skedaddled back home to Seattle.
Parents bought a monster of a house on 12th and Prospect on Capitol Hill.
I found a shoe dog position at Nordstroms out there at the Crossroads Mall (Place Two - no longer there) so I spend more time across the lake that up on the hill.
I used to hear all the stories about a Bellevue M/C that would radar everyone coming down that exact hill and if you were over the posted limit - Officer Unfriendly would pull you over...
I heard/read that he actually received death threats due to his unfriendliness and aggressive ticketing tactics...

I was up there in 2008 for Xmas eve with the CRAZY amount of snow. And if SOMEONE wants proof, all he has to do is ask.... :)
It is my second home...

demonic6
March 26th, 2010, 22:48
I was up there in 2008 for Xmas eve with the CRAZY amount of snow. And if SOMEONE wants proof, all he has to do is ask.... :)
It is my second home...

That someone is asking for the proof! Lets see it!

ben916
March 26th, 2010, 23:02
actually I was kinda baiting MaxRS6 but no problemo....

The neighbor across the street has an A6 3.0 or maybe a 3.2, can't remember the motor but he just powered right up this hill... If you know the area, by wedgwood community center, this is quite hilly...

MaxRS6
March 26th, 2010, 23:04
^ I stayed out as I didn't think the cheese was worth the trap snap...;0

ben916
March 26th, 2010, 23:16
^ I stayed out as I didn't think the cheese was worth the trap snap...;0

Wha?!?!?!
you didn't like the 3rd photo???? :)

MaxRS6
March 27th, 2010, 00:09
^LOL- Looks like you just told her "I am your Father" - aka "Luke"<AKA Luke>

She is still "Cute as a button"

V8weight
March 27th, 2010, 01:48
actually I was kinda baiting MaxRS6 but no problemo....

The neighbor across the street has an A6 3.0 or maybe a 3.2, can't remember the motor but he just powered right up this hill... If you know the area, by wedgwood community center, this is quite hilly...
Pffft. You call that snow? Your the one in the pink coat right?

ben916
March 27th, 2010, 14:26
Pffft. You call that snow? Your the one in the pink coat right?

Thanks, MaxRS6..

um, when the airport shuttle service wouldn't drop us off door to door, yeah that is some snow...for Seattle it is.
Not for WI or CO...

No comment....

I too, have that squeaking problem <ducking for="" cover=""> as I have the RED's but .... not installed yet...

</ducking>

DHall1
March 27th, 2010, 14:43
Dude

You dont have those brake pads on yet. Crap the rotors will be shot.

Thanks, MaxRS6..

um, when the airport shuttle service wouldn't drop us off door to door, yeah that is some snow...for Seattle it is.
Not for WI or CO...

No comment....

I too, have that squeaking problem <ducking for="" cover=""> as I have the RED's but .... not installed yet...

</ducking>

Hy Octane
March 27th, 2010, 17:02
Is that Raketes RS6?

SAF
March 27th, 2010, 17:54
Is that Raketes RS6?

That's what I was wondering!

DHall1
March 27th, 2010, 18:26
No, I dont think its hers

That's what I was wondering!

MaxRS6
March 29th, 2010, 22:44
It is not Rakete as she is still posting on the other forum and just asked questions about the TB service to Jake about his recently self completed service. She is up to 28K miles..

PeterH
March 30th, 2010, 03:10
Excellent, wondering if/when I was going to see that car show up here. Heard it didnt last long once he dropped it off to be sold :-)

Congrats on the purchase! If you have any questions, let me know. I know more about the car than the last owner who was(is) a very good friend of mine. He had it the last couple of years , and I think it only saw the light of day a handful of times.

I added the RNS-E, BT a while back - the parts were new OEM US-version parts, not re-flashed european used ones.

Supposed I need to change my pic now - although still an awesome car.

topcat_92
March 30th, 2010, 17:04
Welcome Demonic6!!! Seattle cops speed trap much less. One prime spot for them to avoid speeding is Hwy 99 North (Aurora) on the Fremont side of the Queen Anne to Fremont bridge. They seem to only track before 4:00. Do they use laser or radar in Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland?

BLITZEN
March 30th, 2010, 20:49
You're going to love this car in the snow and don't be afraid of any hills. I recommend buying a set of Blizzaks, turning off the traction control and having fun! While Audi recommends sizing down your snow tires, I got them in the same size as my summer tires and have been completely impressed as I drive around SUV's like pylons! The worse the conditions, the better this vehicle is!

demonic6
April 5th, 2010, 02:58
Excellent, wondering if/when I was going to see that car show up here. Heard it didnt last long once he dropped it off to be sold :-)

Congrats on the purchase! If you have any questions, let me know. I know more about the car than the last owner who was(is) a very good friend of mine. He had it the last couple of years , and I think it only saw the light of day a handful of times.

I added the RNS-E, BT a while back - the parts were new OEM US-version parts, not re-flashed european used ones.

Supposed I need to change my pic now - although still an awesome car.

Hey Peter. I am gald to see that the second owner is an Audi enthusiast and an active forum member! You sure took fantastic care of your car. I am so particular about my cars that I just couldnt pass this one up when I saw it. All servicing seems to be up to date with the timing belt due around the end of this year (for time, not mileage obviously). Anyways, I absoloutely love the nav! Thats the way that car should have come from the factory. It works great! I will be sure to get in contact with you if I have any questions. Thanks!

demonic6
April 5th, 2010, 03:00
Welcome Demonic6!!! Seattle cops speed trap much less. One prime spot for them to avoid speeding is Hwy 99 North (Aurora) on the Fremont side of the Queen Anne to Fremont bridge. They seem to only track before 4:00. Do they use laser or radar in Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland?

I honestly cant remember the last time I got tagged in Bellevue. I usually get lit up by State Patrol who seem to make use of laser on clear days. Thats what ticket lawyers are for though, right? ; )

ben916
April 5th, 2010, 03:46
I honestly cant remember the last time I got tagged in Bellevue. I usually get lit up by State Patrol who seem to make use of laser on clear days. Thats what ticket lawyers are for though, right? ; )

Search for the user SPIDERCAT as he did a laser defuser system on his and there are some videos on effectiveness...

PeterH
April 6th, 2010, 20:29
Oh yeah, forgot, also replaced the pedals with the RS6+ aluminum set. Original was all black plastic on pedals and dead pedal. Other than that (and the Nav) no mods to the car. Enjoy!

BenA
April 6th, 2010, 20:52
Great looking car demonic--
I'm actually an ex-plateau resident... was in Issaquah like PeterH in Klahanie during my Microsoft days. The EBCs are great after 2 weeks or so. You'll sound like a metro bus until then, but (like everyone here told me when I had just installed them) just give em some time. Enjoy!