PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal???

swimminggerman
March 25th, 2010, 19:54
Hi, im new here and am looking for an RS6. Found one or two I might like. The first is silver and has a fully documented history and is one owner. 3x K miles and immaculate. Older owner. Service was regular and on time. However Ive heard AUDI recomends every 12month or 10k miles for oil changes (yikes in my book) but I know MERC and BImmer do the same about. What do you all do for oil changes? 2k miles. 3 k??? Anyways heres the question, from a dealer that has just done the Timing belt and other service to it, (Ive not read anything about the DRC yet or Tranny) what would be a fair price for an clean, documented RS6 with 36k miles. they are asking 36K$ I was hoping more along the lines of 27k$ Is that fair? or could i offer less. As well does anyone know the previous owner. the car is up in Montana.

DHall1
March 25th, 2010, 20:02
Oh yeah, I would offer 22k for the car.

Give me a break.

If the car is as clean as stated. 36k is a deal. Period.

I change my oil on the 10k/12month schedule. Send the oil out and test....all looks good.

When you use the proper oil and filter there is no problem.

Good luck on your lowball offer.

MaxRS6
March 25th, 2010, 20:05
I agree with Dhall- Maybe offer 30K and meet in the middle around $33K. However; even 36K is a good deal for the above described.

swimminggerman
March 25th, 2010, 20:22
This is why I came here to ask. Was not sure, and was hoping for advice or recomendations. NADA and KBB state otherwise for retail and individual sale.

DHall1
March 26th, 2010, 01:06
Have you driven any RS6 yet?

After one test drive all other cars on the road are a POS.

I dont give a rats ass about what kbb or edmunds says. They are idiots.

1400 of these hit the shores for one year.

That is it.

After you drive it. You will pay what it takes. To find one not beat up is a once in a lifetime deal. Buy it

I agree with Dhall- Maybe offer 30K and meet in the middle around $33K. However; even 36K is a good deal for the above described.

ben916
March 26th, 2010, 01:54
With one owner and with 36k miles and near complete service history - kind of a no-brainer

As Dave can attest - I was a deer in the headlights
BUT $36k seems just a tad high - more like $32k-$33K
Don't forget the RAT-DUCK-GOOSE timing belt is completed...

V8weight
March 26th, 2010, 02:24
With one owner and with 36k miles and near complete service history - kind of a no-brainer

As Dave can attest - I was a deer in the headlights
BUT $36k seems just a tad high - more like $32k-$33K
Don't forget the RAT-DUCK-GOOSE timing belt is completed...
Duck-foot-rat, get it right.

swimminggerman
March 26th, 2010, 04:30
so what is this foot rat duck joke thing???

yes the timing belt service is/has been done within past week. however i dont think there was any DRC update or service. Should i request they do that prior to sale. They also do not offer fidelity. They offered this for financing and warranty. I dont like any of it, feel i could maybe get better else where. Seriously though I am on here asking, is this average, good or a shoddy deal? Dealers response----
"Whether you finance through us or not is not a big concern. I can go as long as 72 months with no pre pay penalties. rates are as follows 60 months 7.39 66 month 7.69 and 72 month 8.19. There is no extended service contact on the vehicle right now and you can purchase one on this vehicle. The company is Zurich and the plan would mirror a new factory warranty as far as coverages are concerned. For a 3 yr 36k would be $4112, a 2 yr 24k would be $3065, and a 12 mth 12k would be $2523."

V8weight
March 26th, 2010, 04:35

yes the timing belt service is/has been done within past week. however i dont think there was any DRC update or service. Should i request they do that prior to sale. They also do not offer fidelity. They offered this for financing and warranty. I dont like any of it, feel i could maybe get better else where. Seriously though I am on here asking, is this average, good or a shoddy deal? Dealers response----
"Whether you finance through us or not is not a big concern. I can go as long as 72 months with no pre pay penalties. rates are as follows 60 months 7.39 66 month 7.69 and 72 month 8.19. There is no extended service contact on the vehicle right now and you can purchase one on this vehicle. The company is Zurich and the plan would mirror a new factory warranty as far as coverages are concerned. For a 3 yr 36k would be $4112, a 2 yr 24k would be $3065, and a 12 mth 12k would be $2523."
For what it's worth, I have a Zurich warranty on my RS6. IN MY OPINION, it surpasses the Fidelity warranty as far as limitations and fine print exclusions. It seems to be more comprehensive as far as coverage as well.

swimminggerman
March 26th, 2010, 04:39
It is worth much, and thank you for the information. However how much have you paid? What term/coverage and cost were you able to get? Seems a bit high what they quoted me compared to other companies and individuals.

MaxRS6
March 26th, 2010, 04:44
Duck foot rat referred to the below thread regarding some launch techniques...;0

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20334-Launch-Technique?highlight=duck

V8weight
March 26th, 2010, 04:45
It's all relative to mileage, but for reference, I paid $4200 for a 3year/36month in Dec. 2008 with 58,000 miles. Since then they have paid out about $20,000 in claims. Do you know what the deductible is for those prices? Mine is $100.

swimminggerman
March 26th, 2010, 05:07
20k$ in claims, Holly H*ll!!! I guess my question to all members is does that seem like a reasonable price for a warranty. I still need to inquire further as to what it covers and the deductable. I know everyone here says to get a warranty for the RS6 (or DIE without one). Are there really that many issues/fixings that cost that much. Hmmm??? duno.

DHall1
March 26th, 2010, 05:40
Start using the search button.

Duck foot rat is the inside joke. Look at my avatar...a rat with duck feet.

Many of us have super extended warranties that run up to and past 2015 and 100k miles. I have 70k left on my warranty.

And yes, when you have to pull the engine to change a 02 sensor...it gets expensive.

You are looking at a hand built 100k super car. And that price was discounted. Audi with the conversion should have priced the car at 115k.

Price out the maint on a 911tt. These are not Kia's.

DHall1
March 26th, 2010, 05:44
Is this at an Audi dealer?

Tell them 33k and a 4/48 warranty for 3900.

swimminggerman
March 26th, 2010, 05:50
yes audi dealer, bozeman audi in MT. They have serviced the vehicle solely for the last 7 years since purchase from one owner. they know the car, it has 36k on it, about 5.5k per year. How did you get a warranty for X years and 70k+ miles???

DHall1
March 26th, 2010, 05:54
My car had the 4/48 Fidelity/Audi plan. I updated the plan to 6/72 last year. Takes me to 2015 and 100k

Fidelity/audi plans are out now. They raised prices this year. I paid 3200 for a 6yr plan.

Your dealer does not have 12,000 in markup on that car. Make a strong offer and make sure they discount the Zurich. There is a huge markup on the Zurich.

In the end, they will sell this car for almost full asking price. Dont kid yourself. You have to go in with a strong offer.

yes audi dealer, bozeman audi in MT. They have serviced the vehicle solely for the last 7 years since purchase from one owner. they know the car, it has 36k on it, about 5.5k per year. How did you get a warranty for X years and 70k+ miles???

swimminggerman
March 26th, 2010, 06:01
Thank you. I am awaiting morning to find out more about the warranty. And hopefully photos of the car detailed and cleaned up.

DHall1
March 26th, 2010, 06:11
Are you not close to the car?

IMHO if your not in MT and near the car....consider passing. MT has harsh winters. Was it driven in winter

Thank you. I am awaiting morning to find out more about the warranty. And hopefully photos of the car detailed and cleaned up.

swimminggerman
March 26th, 2010, 06:27
Im in Hawaii, moving back to Ohio, wanting a nice DD car as my current toy, Z, is not that capable in snow. Not sure if it was driven in winter? only 36k on it. Doubt i can speak with prior owner. I would consider stoping up in MT on my way back to Ohio to look at it and most likely purchase if all fell together nicely.

skribe
March 26th, 2010, 07:18
For the record, a different RS6 that's about exactly the same as the car you describe sold for 33.5k three months ago, except the DRC had just been done and the complete 35k service had been done as well.

The pricing guides are a bit below market value for the RS6. An example like you describe is worth more than what the books say. They are amazing, intoxicating cars. I'm travelling on business today, "working" on one of the best, most jaw-droppingly stunning links golf courses in the world.

And I miss my RS6.

JRS-RS6
March 26th, 2010, 11:16
The DRC is an open recall. If it has not been done than as long as it is submitted before the deadline a dealer will be happy to do it. They bill AOA back for the Labor against the Recall. Search DRC to see a copy of the Notice. Make sure when you do it that you go to a dealer that knows how to do it right -- read the threads about proper heights.

DHall1
March 26th, 2010, 14:43
Call the dealer. Ask the dealer if the car has been driven in the winter. Ask the dealer if the car has ANY rock chips or pitting on the front end.

Be very specific and direct. Tell them make or break deal.

Its a good price 33-34 if the car is not chipped up. Just because its got 36k....means nothing. It could have been a winter beater for the local surgeon. You get the idea.

As an example, this is the undercarriage of my car with 30k. Never seen winter and always a so cal/AZ car.
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/front1.jpg

Im in Hawaii, moving back to Ohio, wanting a nice DD car as my current toy, Z, is not that capable in snow. Not sure if it was driven in winter? only 36k on it. Doubt i can speak with prior owner. I would consider stoping up in MT on my way back to Ohio to look at it and most likely purchase if all fell together nicely.

MaxRS6
March 26th, 2010, 14:50
Argggg- After getting up close (due to exhaust rattle research) looks at my messy undercarriage- I'm ordering more of the below to cover (the car of course)....;0 Even though no salt roads etc, mine is a disaster compared to your eat off anal spotless clean underbelly..Dang you Dhall!! You are upsetting the grading curve!!!

http://www.folica.com/images/products/13238-nexgen.jpg

DHall1
March 26th, 2010, 14:54
Oh yeah,

Here is the rear end.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/IMG_1616.jpg

MaxRS6
March 26th, 2010, 15:00
I got your rear end

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee258/briancoastyfc/BigBooty.jpg