PDA

View Full Version : Can any UK, EU folks locate the ECU code for the S6 with a manual transmission

SteveKen
March 23rd, 2010, 05:34
I'm learning that the ECU in my 2002 US spec S6 cannot easily be soft coded for a manual transmission.

Rather than try to modify my ECU code, surely there's go to be a euro spec S6 manual ECU out there somewhere that can be copied.

By the way, it's finally coming together. Just have to get some final details done, including finish restoring the headlights among other things. The C6 S wheels are not doing ti for me either and are for sale with the 275/30-19 tires.

http://www.kendrish.com/galleries/S6/build/assy_20_mar/jj_rs6.jpg

vangelis
March 23rd, 2010, 07:15
Not sure how can I help in this but I know one of my friends in Oman (Gulf) have S6 2002 manual transmission but sedan not avant.

650RS
March 23rd, 2010, 08:45
I'm learning that the ECU in my 2002 US spec S6 cannot easily be soft coded for a manual transmission.

Rather than try to modify my ECU code, surely there's go to be a euro spec S6 manual ECU out there somewhere that can be copied.

By the way, it's finally coming together. Just have to get some final details done, including finish restoring the headlights among other things. The C6 S wheels are not doing ti for me either and are for sale with the 275/30-19 tires.

http://www.kendrish.com/galleries/S6/build/assy_20_mar/jj_rs6.jpg

Steve Ken,

Post the ECU part number (AUDI) here and I will get it for you, I can also assist in having it "modified" if you need it as long as you "assist" me when you have your conversion kits ready to go which I hope are soon....

DonS
March 23rd, 2010, 12:21
I like the rims! They look sturdy, manly - just right with the RS6 parts.

SteveKen
March 23rd, 2010, 14:01
Not sure how can I help in this but I know one of my friends in Oman (Gulf) have S6 2002 manual transmission but sedan not avant.

Sedan or Avant shouldn't matter. I'm guessing you would not be able to read the ECU file for me? Please let me know if you can though. For now, a P/N for the ECU would be super if you can get it.

SteveKen
March 23rd, 2010, 14:34
Steve Ken,

Post the ECU part number (AUDI) here and I will get it for you, I can also assist in having it "modified" if you need it as long as you "assist" me when you have your conversion kits ready to go which I hope are soon....

Thank you for the assistance. I'm having trouble finding a definite part number for the manual gearbox ECU with my version of ETKA. I think it is 4D0-907-559-E or 4D0-997-558-QX

I'm not sure if they made the manual gearbox S6 after 2001 because I couldn't find similar manual gearbox description for 2002.

For reference, my current ECU for my 2002 S6 tiptronic is 4D0-907-559-B

As for the transmission adapter, I'm still expecting my S8 flywheel before designing the starter mounting flange. I'm guessing at least a month before anything can physically materialize.