PDA

View Full Version : DRC Rmevoal!!

Elevens
March 17th, 2010, 22:12
My H&R Coilovers should be arriving sometime next week, and I am going to do the install myself. For those of you who have done this install, I was wondering what advice you could give me on the procedure. Strut removal should be no problem. It's what to do with the DRC system. Should I merely disconnect the lines and leave it intact? Or should I attempt to remove the entire system (which I haven't really looked at yet). Any info the procedure would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MaxRS6
March 17th, 2010, 22:36
You will lose some weight to get those 1/4 mile times down as you have discussed if you remove the entire system. You can always store the parts, and put them back on if the occassion ever arises. I will not be looking back as I am happy to be rid of the DRC demon. Good luck with the install and keep us posted.

V8weight
March 17th, 2010, 23:03
Ya, mine is completely removed, though not exactly per my own request. When the shop installed my KW's, they stole my central valves thinking that they were of some value. I couldn't help but laugh when I later found them missing while under the car installing my Hotchkis ARB's. On an unrelated note, Max, where have you been? Your post count is dwindling.

ttboost
March 17th, 2010, 23:39
Has anyone weighed the DRC system in it's entirety? As I recall, my PSS9's weighed about 50lbs or so for the set of 4.

MaxRS6
March 18th, 2010, 02:19
On an unrelated note, Max, where have you been? Your post count is dwindling.

Corporate tax filing deadline was Monday (March 15)- so I had been cranking out some corporate income tax returns. Makes me a dull boy but helps fill the piggy bank to feed the beast's appetite. April 15th right around the corner. Fortunately, I don't have many individual income tax returns so my bigger work is done and in the rear view.

Today was a golf day for me and it was great to be chasing the ball around with some decent weather. My buddy and I had the course virtually to ourselves and completed 18 holes in 2 hours and 10 minutes. I have another round scheduled tomorrow so things are starting to look up...Fore!!!!!! Max on the Tee- Watch out Idjuits!!!!

GEN XER
March 18th, 2010, 03:07
I say everyone who removes the DRC, pack it up and send it back to AoA with your best regards. Their is no better way to ensure they understand your disdain with this system.

MaxRS6
March 18th, 2010, 03:18
^^ Good idea- LOL

I actually tossed mine long ago, or I would certainly have been tempted to send it to them. However; I think the check AoA wrote me was good enuff.

hahnmgh63
March 18th, 2010, 06:24
I pulled my complete DRC system out when I installed the KW Coilovers. Just the DRC Shocks/Struts were a bit heavier than the KW's then add in a bit for all of the lines which go front to rear x2, and the Central valves bolted to the front side of the spare wheel well and it adds up to a bit. I posted the weight difference when I did mine just over a year ago but my weak search attempt didn't find it, maybe it was the websites change over? It is difficult to pull all of the lines without cutting them so if you want them in one piece be ready to do a bit of extra work. They seemed to be nothing special, about brake line quality. The Central valves as well as the Shocks/Struts have check valves so unbolting the lines to them isn't a surpise.

Elevens
March 18th, 2010, 06:43
I will probably leave the lines intact and try to cap the ends with bolts or something. And if it's not to much of a problem I will remove the Central valves and store them for future sale, if somebody wants them. Thanks for the comeback all. I will post I will my results and some photo's when the job is complete.

AudiRS4ever
March 18th, 2010, 13:24
Looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing your thoughts.