PDA

View Full Version : SMIC Hose Kit Details

terrytcl
March 16th, 2010, 22:36
I know a couple people on this board have purchased the Venair hose kit for the RS6.

The Wagner IC kit only comes with 4 out of the 6 total hose replacements.
It seems that the Wagner does not come with the hose to connect each of the turbos to their respective intercooler pipe.

It also seems that these hoses are pretty simple. No odd bends or size transition. Does anyone know the sizes of the two hoses and profile?

hahnmgh63
March 17th, 2010, 00:31
I'll measure my old ones when I get home tonight as they are laying in a bucket in the shop still since I also did the Venair kit.

hahnmgh63
March 17th, 2010, 01:55
Ok, one is 4" long and reduces from 2.5" to 2" and the other is 6" with the same reduction but has a slight bend angle of about 15~20 degrees in the middle.

terrytcl
March 17th, 2010, 15:06
thanks mark!

on the one that has the bend, is the bend in the middle or closer to one end?
so, 3" length from each edge of the opening?

thanks!

hahnmgh63
March 17th, 2010, 15:40
Yes Terry, the bend is almost in the exact middle. Here are some more precise measurements on that one. Measuring end to end on the inside of the bend the hose is 4.75" long and measured on the outside of the bend from end to end the hose is 6.25" long. If you already have the Wagner kit, I wonder if you could call Venair and order just the two hoses separately? Here is a pic of the Venair kit and the hose is the one in the lower center of the pic. Click on the thumbnail for a larger pic.

terrytcl
March 17th, 2010, 15:52
i'll have to contact them.

i found a couple of bent reduction hoses and they want $70 each. wow!
the straight ones aren't bad though.