View Full Version : If we didn't agree or know this already about the C6 RS6

ben916
March 14th, 2010, 04:09
http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/winter-weapons?imageNo=0

apologies if a repost...

BLITZEN
March 14th, 2010, 07:16
You got to love their conclusion....

To sum up then. The RRS Supercharged is hugely better than it was, but still not the car to have if you've got any class. Save up for a Range Rover and drive slower, or buy a sports car - don't try to do both. The Porsche is brilliant, but unloveable. You flick-flack between respect and repulsion, but the thought never leaves you: what will people think of me if I drive one? The answer is they'll probably think you are a twat.

The Panda gets a moral victory, for being cool, anti-fashion, fun, easy, capable and cheap. It really is a mountain 500, and we love it.

When it comes down to it though, the car that makes winter look like an opportunity rather than a chore is the RS6. It might be far too straight-laced on a summer road, but given the opportunity to show its mettle in rubbish conditions there is no other car with this particular blend of abilities anywhere on the planet. A winter weapon of choice? There is no choice: Audi RS6.

Every. Single. Time.

Ruergard
March 14th, 2010, 09:01
"The gearbox is way more intuitive - though the wheel-mounted paddles are ridiculously small plastic tiddlywinks - and even though the Audi is a traditional torque-converted auto, it's very nearly as quick as the Porsche's DSG. And the Porsche, goodas it is, starts to fall behind the Audi on these slimy, slippery, uncompromising roads. And that's saying a very Big Something. I thought the RS6 was boring. But here, on roads where sheet-ice slicks under nearside wheels, where slush drags the nose, where it's properly, desperately shitty, the RS6 is the absolute law. I get out of it more than once and puff out my cheeks. This is a serious bit of kit."

"We've got it here in a potent £82k spec; 19-inch wheels shod with winter tyres, a 175mph limiter and black paint, including black exhausts. It's basically the Devil's own skiing car."

I'd like to see a beemer or a merc do this. :dig: