PDA

View Full Version : Speed World GT at Laguna Seca

jimmy94507
September 10th, 2003, 07:00
This race was exciting. The RS 6's qualified 1 and 2 but that didn't last too long in the race. The Dodge Vipers showed up at Road America and one finished 3rd. Huh?? Where did they come from? One of them finished 1st at Laguna with a 2nd taking 4th. Randy Pobst did a tremendous job bringing his RS 6 home with a 3rd place. It will be shown on SPEED channel on Sept. 20 at noon and 8 PM Pacific time. If you get a chance to watch it, or tape it, you'll be glad you did.

Regards, Jim

Finnus
September 10th, 2003, 12:25
Here's a link for a write-up on the race. Pobst started at the pole, dropped to 8th or 9th, then came back to place third.

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/03press235.html

Pobst is second in the overall standings, 20 points behind Bill Auberlan in his M3.

Finnus

:addict:

avdh
September 10th, 2003, 13:26
Originally posted by Finnus
Here's a link for a write-up on the race. Pobst started at the pole, dropped to 8th or 9th, then came back to place third.

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/03press235.html

Pobst is second in the overall standings, 20 points behind Bill Auberlan in his M3.

Finnus

Pity, I was hoping for the RS6 to win the Championship...:eek:

How many races left?

Finnus
September 11th, 2003, 05:02
Pity, I was hoping for the RS6 to win the Championship...

I think it's pretty impressive that he's doing this well the first year that they've run te RS6. Pobst had a little string of bad luck for a couple of races.

Finnus

Benman
September 12th, 2003, 02:46
Jim:cheers: ,

Great meeting your fiance and yourself. Would have liked to have meet Bauer as well but i'll probably see him at Sears point. Here's a couple of pics of the "racing Beasts".:D

Benman
September 12th, 2003, 02:48
and another...

Benman
September 12th, 2003, 02:51
and one with Hans Stuck (LIVING LEGEND!!!) Randy Pobst AND Galati!!! All were SUPER nice and didn't mind taking the time to speak with me and ask how i liked my "street" version.

Bauer
September 12th, 2003, 03:04
Benman,

Sorry I missed you, were you there on Sunday? Also my wife and I will most likley come to the Sears Point event I have to go out and buy two helmets:incar: for the event.

jimmy94507
September 12th, 2003, 07:12
Bauer,
I think there is going to be quite a turnout. You might contact Dean Treadway to see how fast the entries are rolling in. We fax'd our applications in this morning for the Audi driving school. I'm hoping there's a good showing of RS 6's.

Regards, Jim

Benman
September 12th, 2003, 15:18
Originally posted by Bauer
Benman,

Sorry I missed you, were you there on Sunday? Also my wife and I will most likley come to the Sears Point event I have to go out and buy two helmets:incar: for the event.

Hello Bauer:cheers: Yes i was there Sunday as well. I kept an eye out for you but just didn't run in to you. Nice car BTW, Saw it over at the corral. I'll be seeing you and Jim at the Sears Point event in November. I'll probably be driving up solo.

Jim:cheers: See you there.

Ben:addict: