PDA

View Full Version : Got out the balck can

johnnie27
March 12th, 2010, 00:22
Hi there painted my rear number plate garnish...no need for foggy's in oZ and didn't much like they way they looked so did this! thought colour coding may be tricky...plastic/metal esp on avus silver?

also has anyone had there front calipers repainted?? if so what treatment works...and does anyone do a monoblock rear caliper conversion?? much more attractive than the std one

2004 RS6
Avus Silver
KW V3
APR 4 stage tune
Remus pipes / Custom tips / res delete

ben916
March 12th, 2010, 01:32
That sure does make the license plate pop out!!!!

V8weight
March 12th, 2010, 01:42
Looks nice. Did you remove the bulbs? Those things get pretty hot, it could boil the paint off should you accidentally turn them on.

LIRS6
March 12th, 2010, 01:44
As your plate is black, maybe painting the area behind the plate Avus would look interesting

DALLAS_RS6
March 12th, 2010, 02:16
That looks clean. I painted my calipers over 8 months ago and drive the car daily. I used a high heat rattle can spray paint. Just make sure to clean at sand them thoroughly and you should not have a problem. I don't track my car but we do have some pretty aggressive drives about every other month.

skribe
March 12th, 2010, 02:30
at some point, i'm going to paint my plate surround body color and leave the fogs transluscent. i've never liked that little black TV on the tail of the C5.

DHall1
March 12th, 2010, 02:35
Have you ever seen my "carbon look" early C5 A6 insert?

Its a different look if your wanting to get away from the black insert.

johnnie27
March 12th, 2010, 04:34
thanks for all the replies...i would like to see the carbon (surround) as that would match the front splitter DHall1

and have taken the globe out yes thanks V8 weight ,

i like the painted calipers on the blue car looks nice are they gold? i was thinking of black 5 spoke DPE rims with yellow or metallic tangerine calipers?? fark i know!!!

as for pianting the thing that holds the number plate on silver, it was silver but no AVUS silver?? it has been epoxy-ed on so the panel shop suggested taking it off would break the bloody blastic surround...so we hit it all black, i like it for now and for $100 bucks only they did it nice clear coated wet sand etc..i wish it was just the same rear as the 2004 S4 tail! anyhow i love the car

thanks for all the feedabck and suggestions too

johnnie

skribe
March 12th, 2010, 04:39
Have you ever seen my "carbon look" early C5 A6 insert?

Its a different look if your wanting to get away from the black insert.

Yep, got one of my own on eBay... better but still not diggin the look completely. I photoshopped my surround avus silver and it looked pretty clean, but it almost makes me want to mold it in in addition to color matching to eliminate the seam.

Any of you lurkers out there paint their surround or mold it in? I've seen that red UK RS6 with the entire plate area filled which looks cool for a show car but a bit much for me.

DALLAS_RS6
March 12th, 2010, 04:45
Yeah their gold. I think the Tangerine would be dope!

johnnie27
March 12th, 2010, 04:47
Yep, got one of my own on eBay... better but still not diggin the look completely. I photoshopped my surround avus silver and it looked pretty clean, but it almost makes me want to mold it in in addition to color matching to eliminate the seam.

Any of you lurkers out there paint their surround or mold it in? I've seen that red UK RS6 with the entire plate area filled which looks cool for a show car but a bit much for me.

yeah i tried to photo shop mine looks ok on the PC but it makes the boot look really tall i rekon,(the gap distance b/w the numberplate and the audi badge) and the gap is odd, i asked my panel shop about filling it in...alot of farking around as its plastic to metal...he aslo said that matching the colour is near impossible for plastic will look darker than the metal boot, which he thought would actually make it look worse like a bad repair job? anyway its fun to muck around with something again!!!