PDA

View Full Version : Ordering an Audi RS6 Plus (V10TT)

Marc W.
March 3rd, 2010, 20:48
Hi my name is Marc and I'm a new member at your board. I'm living on a small island (Sylt) in the toppest north of Germany. Currently I'm driving a S6PLUS Avant (since 10 years) and a 993turbo (since 3 years).

In the next days I will order a new RS6 plus Avant and that's the reason why I started an account at this forum. Between the german scheduled price and the UK scheduled price of a RS6 is a diffrence of 10.000 to 15.000 Euros, it's possible for me to order a german RS6 in UK - so far nor problem.

In Germany the RS6 plus could be orderd since 11th of February 2010. But it looks like if the plus only could be orderd in Germany and not in UK. Is that true? Does anybody know, if the plus could be orderd in UK?

Erik
March 4th, 2010, 07:24
Hi Marc, and welcome.

Unfortunately I don't have a reply to your questions. Have you checked the pricing in Denmark?
Quite often the pricing in DK is lower (without taxes) as the taxes are so high (over 100%?) on cars.
Perhaps this doesn't apply to high-end cars, but it's worth a try.

I look forward to seeing the cars and hear more how you go on with your purchase.

What color are you thinking about?

Qisha
March 4th, 2010, 07:53
possible for me to order a german RS6 in UK

Dear Marc W.,

unfortunenately UK dealers are only able to order UK spec RS 6. 2nd to that if you import a UK spec RS 6 to germany you will have to add 10% custom claim + 19% betterment tax. On top warranty is country-specific, UK cars are not covered within germany. (warranty claim is cleared through the general importer)

Sad to say the RS 6 production (Sedan AND Avant) will end CW29. :cry:

Qisha

Marc W.
March 4th, 2010, 19:58
Have you checked the pricing in Denmark?

Yes, I did, the danish border is just 15km away. The problem is, that the standard-price is allready a little bit higher than in Germany. The RS6 is not a good deal in DK...

What color are you thinking about?

saddle-brown

unfortunenately UK dealers are only able to order UK spec RS 6.

It's no problem to order a german LHD Audi in UK. It's not possible at every Audi-dealer, but their is a special agreement under this link: http://www.auditaxfree.co.uk/.

2nd to that if you import a UK spec RS 6 to germany you will have to add 10% custom claim + 19% betterment tax. On top warranty is country-specific, UK cars are not covered within germany. (warranty claim is cleared through the general importer)

That's wrong. UK is part of European Union, their is no custom between UK and Germany for cars which are made in the EU. If you buy a new car in UK for immediately export, you don't have to pay the britisch VAT, it's taxfree! In Germany a privat customer has to pay the german VAT and that's it. My first education was tax-managment... ;)

Shoppinit
March 6th, 2010, 07:57
Hi my name is Marc and I'm a new member at your board. I'm living on a small island (Sylt) in the toppest north of Germany. Currently I'm driving a S6PLUS Avant (since 10 years) and a 993turbo (since 3 years).

In the next days I will order a new RS6 plus Avant and that's the reason why I started an account at this forum. Between the german scheduled price and the UK scheduled price of a RS6 is a diffrence of 10.000 to 15.000 Euros, it's possible for me to order a german RS6 in UK - so far nor problem.

In Germany the RS6 plus could be orderd since 11th of February 2010. But it looks like if the plus only could be orderd in Germany and not in UK. Is that true? Does anybody know, if the plus could be orderd in UK?
Marc, you should start your own thread about this, rather than hijacking this one.

However, European laws state that you must be allowed to order any car that is available in any member state at the same price. Many british people took advantage of this a few years ago by buying new Right Hand Drive cars that were at the price of LHD (15-20% cheaper) in Holland, for example. I know this for a fact because I did it :)

Now the shoe is on the other foot - the UK is cheaper than the other states. But the rules are the same. You can order a LHD RS6 Avant in the UK. Pay VAT either in the UK or where you intend to register it. (VAT still 15% in Germany?) Then drive it back to Germany. No import duty 'cos you're in Europe and the car is coming from Europe. I don't know what it costs to register a car in Germany, but the homologation certificate will be for a German car and you should have no trouble at all.

Marc W.
March 6th, 2010, 08:52
Marc, you should start your own thread about this, rather than hijacking this one.

If that should be really a problem, it would be nice, if someone of the official would move my part into a new thread, thank you!

Yes, by law you are alloud to buy your car anywhere in the European Union. The problem in this special case is, that the plus can't be orderd in UK. If you buy a new car in the EU you allways have to pay the VAT in the country of your registration. I would buy the car without VAT in UK and have to pay 19% VAT in Germany.

Listprice without VAT today in UK 71.000 Euros, in Germany with same configuration without VAT 96.000 Euros...:vhmmm:

Erik
March 8th, 2010, 08:24
If that should be really a problem, it would be nice, if someone of the official would move my part into a new thread, thank you!

Done, and this new thread is the result.

Shoppinit
March 8th, 2010, 08:40
Try calling Camberley Audi to see if they can help you out:

Camberley Audi
Sales
507 London Road
Camberley
Surrey
GU15 3JE
Tel: +44 1276 606492

roadrunner
March 8th, 2010, 09:38

Sad to say the RS 6 production (Sedan AND Avant) will end CW29. :cry:

Now that is sad to hear :cry: :cry:

So all the prospect RS6 buyers, better hurry :addict:

MPT
March 8th, 2010, 09:55

Yes, by law you are alloud to buy your car anywhere in the European Union. The problem in this special case is, that the plus can't be orderd in UK. If you buy a new car in the EU you allways have to pay the VAT in the country of your registration. I would buy the car without VAT in UK and have to pay 19% VAT in Germany.

Listprice without VAT today in UK 71.000 Euros, in Germany with same configuration without VAT 96.000 Euros...:vhmmm:

Are you sure it's not a good deal buying it in Denmark? Ive even seen RS6's being shipped to Denmark, then prepared for a costumer and then sent back to Germany.

In Germany they have 19% VAT in Denmark we have 25% - if the base price WITH VAT i aprox. the same, shouldn't you save at least 6%?

Ohh and by the way, Base price of cars are lower in Denmark due to 25%VAT and 180% tax.

Marc W.
March 8th, 2010, 21:41
Yes, I`m sure I tried that allready month ago with a danish friend in Copenhagen...

But the game is over. I'm waiting for an answer from auditaxfree.co.uk since 4 weeks about my question if the plus-package is available in UK. Today I orderd my plus in Germany, delivery is in June, so there are 4 more weeks to order the final RS6 C6.

Erik
March 10th, 2010, 21:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0WSm5lJMr8

http://www.rs6.com/content.php/20-Audi-RS-6-Plus-Sport-and-RS-6-Plus-Exclusive-Limited-to-500-units

http://www.rs6.com/audirs6/AUDIRS6PLUS-2010-HR.jpg