PDA

View Full Version : 700 plus hp rs6 coming to a ny street near you!!!!

ttrs6
March 6th, 2010, 21:40
:jlol::jlol:It is official my rs6 is getting some big upgrades to the tune off over 700hp. The motor and trans is out and the tc is on its way to 517 to get rebuilt the turbos are getting new wastegates to handle 25plus psi boost the compreser wheels are getting changed to larger billet wheels and exhaust wheels will be clipped.I will be going mafless and catless with custom downpipes. I will be adding meth injection a custom tune and upgraded fuel system.That is just the beginning of a long list :deal:and some big$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :doh: O well!!!!!!!! CAN ANYONE SAY MONSTER:vgrumpy::revs:

p3u
March 6th, 2010, 21:51
Look forward to watching this happen. Good luck!

ttrs6
March 6th, 2010, 22:00
Thanks p3u.... I will be updating this thread with progress.

eurotunedrs6
March 7th, 2010, 00:25
Very nice! hope all goes nice and smooth for you!

ttboost
March 7th, 2010, 00:32
Very interested in watching this happen.

DHall1
March 7th, 2010, 00:56
Nice plan. Good luck. Open a photobucket account and put some nice big pics in the thread. We are all watching.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/duckfootwing1.jpg?t=1267922325

Very interested in watching this happen.

V8weight
March 7th, 2010, 01:10
Damn, I'm going to have to step it up with my modifications if I'm going to keep up with what you're doing. I'm thinking maybe one of these?
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/7208520_L.jpg

650RS
March 7th, 2010, 05:03
As you using the VAST/Blouch turbos?

Ruergard
March 7th, 2010, 10:11
Now wer'e talking. :revs:

Keep this thread posted. :thumb:

650RS
March 7th, 2010, 11:54
I hope he can make this happen, from all the research I have done there are no compressors capable of flowing the air necessary for 700bhp that will fit inside the K04-028/029 compressor housings, if one exist's the other problem will be the turbine housing becoming a bigger bottle neck.

The standard turbos are already of their efficency chart by the time the engine is ~4800rpm hence why the boost will always taper to 0.8bar.

The required flow per turbo to generate 700bhp is ~35 lb/min.

I am in the process or removing the engine/transmisison from my '6 and should have it out next weekend, the plan is to fix some things and also invesigate our options along with what is would take for a manual conversion.

650RS

ttrs6
March 7th, 2010, 15:20
with all the research i mean window shoping you have done and so called modifactions your car should of bin in orbit by now........Anyway at 35psi with meth the car will do 1100hp no prob......
like i said 700 easy you will need more then a set of injecters to jet that kind of power.Just ask greg mate!!!!!! good day!!!!!!!!!

ttrs6
March 7th, 2010, 16:00
Nice plan. Good luck. Open a photobucket account and put some nice big pics in the thread. We are all watching.

Ok got a photo buket accont now how do i attach or upload the pics?

p3u
March 7th, 2010, 18:47
with all the research i mean window shoping you have done and so called modifactions your car should of bin in orbit by now........Anyway at 35psi with meth the car will do 1100hp no prob......
like i said 700 easy you will need more then a set of injecters to jet that kind of power.Just ask greg mate!!!!!! good day!!!!!!!!!

Match point, ttrs6! :lovl:

MaxRS6
March 7th, 2010, 19:13
Ok got a photo buket accont now how do i attach or upload the pics?

You can obtain the photo bucket share URL info of the picture from your photobuck account (it is shown in the share area of each picture in photo bucket). Enter the photobucket picture's url by selecting the insert image icon when posting a message in this forum, select the URL tab, enter the URL of the picture into the field.

Another method- right click on the picture in photobucket, select properties, and it will provide you the URL. You can copy this onto the clipboard or write it down. Then from your forum message, select the insert image icon (3rd icon from the right)- select the URL tab, and paste (from your clipboard or type it in) the photobucket picture URL into the URL field.

ttrs6
March 7th, 2010, 21:24
You can obtain the photo bucket share URL info of the picture from your photobuck account (it is shown in the share area of each picture in photo bucket). Enter the photobucket picture's url by selecting the insert image icon when posting a message in this forum, select the URL tab, enter the URL of the picture into the field.

Another method- right click on the picture in photobucket, select properties, and it will provide you the URL. You can copy this onto the clipboard or write it down. Then from your forum message, select the insert image icon (3rd icon from the right)- select the URL tab, and paste (from your clipboard or type it in) the photobucket picture URL into the URL field. thanx max rs6........how do i make it bigger.

650RS
March 7th, 2010, 21:57

Have you even looked at the compressor map's etc??

For your information I know Greg pretty well and when I asked him about the VAST turbo's with 59mm billet wheel he said they wouldnt be worth the hassle....

Also if you look on the S4 forums they make a maximum of 50whp more on E85/Race Fuel, anyway it seems you have done your homework...........

Good luck

ttrs6
March 7th, 2010, 22:18
If you no greg very well then i no greg extremly well.... any way who said any thing about vast guy.The turbos are going to a company in the states lol!!!!!!! Besides me and greg are on the same page on a book called 700hp rs6....:nono:No window shopping in this book.....you do your homework ill do some work!!!!!

650RS
March 7th, 2010, 22:20
Good luck with it all.

I dont want this to turn into a "whos is bigger" I was mearly stating facts.

MaxRS6
March 7th, 2010, 22:22
thanx max rs6........how do i make it bigger.

In photobucket, click on the image and it will increase in size. You can then obtain the URL of that particular size by right clicking on that image. You can also change the image size in photobucket using their tools, or upload the pic to photobucket at the image size you want to utilize.

ttrs6
March 7th, 2010, 22:54
You should no greg is one of the best tuners i ny he is always thinking out side the box(fact)anyway ask greg what his plan is. Besides when im done with my car you can send me your rs6 and ill hook you up little guy.... So put another shrimp on the barby mate~!!!!!!! By then my new name will be 750rs6 if you can't find me.....

650RS
March 7th, 2010, 23:05
Lol.................

Boosted-Bora
March 10th, 2010, 21:51
I wish you luck but you should look into upgrading th main shafts cause with new wheels and clips at 25psi the rotational mass of the system can cause the shafts to splinter and tear apart just my experience but happy modding

RS6Driver
March 12th, 2010, 13:56
can i ax you a question, how do u no greg? it would of bin nice to no.

ttrs6
March 21st, 2010, 03:59
Sorry for the wait boys but i was a busy bee i have some pics of my parts that came back from powdercoat.My manifolds are black jetcoat and my other parts are rinklecoated it is similar to the ferrari motor red very cool looking.Also my bypipe was tapped to fit the meth nozzols on both sides you can see it in one of the pics it is pluged for coating.i made some maf blanks to give better flow and smoother flow this is way bigger then a stock maf setup i also will be porting the turbo inlet pipes to help the flow and i will port that 1/4inch lip that the mafs sat on to.i had to cut and grind all the ribs on the stock air box and used the stock oring on the top where the new pipes meat the airbox .It worked out really nice as you can see.Well im waiting on more parts but will keep you posted as i go.If you have any questions pm me.
Dhall how do you post your pics so big i got a photo bucket accon tbut no luck.please work your magic on my pics.THANX!!!:cry:

DHall1
March 21st, 2010, 04:11
No kidding, these pics need to be larger!!!!

Nice work

Photobucket.
Open account
Load pics
Open specific pic, right click and copy
Open RS6.com thread and right click paste

done

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/Thermostatdiy.jpg?t=1269143663

Sorry for the wait boys but i was a busy bee i have some pics of my parts that came back from powdercoat.My manifolds are black jetcoat and my other parts are rinklecoated it is similar to the ferrari motor red very cool looking.Also my bypipe was tapped to fit the meth nozzols on both sides you can see it in one of the pics it is pluged for coating.i made some maf blanks to give better flow and smoother flow this is way bigger then a stock maf setup i also will be porting the turbo inlet pipes to help the flow and i will port that 1/4inch lip that the mafs sat on to.i had to cut and grind all the ribs on the stock air box and used the stock oring on the top where the new pipes meat the airbox .It worked out really nice as you can see.Well im waiting on more parts but will keep you posted as i go.If you have any questions pm me.
Dhall how do you post your pics so big i got a photo bucket accon tbut no luck.please work your magic on my pics.THANX!!!:cry:

ttrs6
March 21st, 2010, 04:20
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af285/ttsiolis11/parts.jpg?t=1269144214

ttrs6
March 21st, 2010, 04:30
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af285/ttsiolis11/rightmaf.jpg?t=1269144513
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af285/ttsiolis11/topofbox.jpg?t=1269144609
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af285/ttsiolis11/backofpipes.jpg?t=1269144634
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af285/ttsiolis11/pipesnobox.jpg?t=1269144680
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af285/ttsiolis11/bypipe.jpg?t=1269144761
THANX DHALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1sadavant
March 21st, 2010, 05:49
looks like ssp is doing the work?

MaxRS6
March 21st, 2010, 14:23
Nice!- Looking forward to updates on the continued progress and the results when the rocket is launched

grizz
March 21st, 2010, 16:03
Sorry but your not going to make 700bhp on stock manifolds ...

650RS
March 22nd, 2010, 01:12
Sorry but your not going to make 700bhp on stock manifolds ...

Grizz, have you had any progress with the turbo's turbodymanics upgraded for your RS6?

Cheers

Brazil
March 22nd, 2010, 20:32
can i ax you a question, how do u no greg? it would of bin nice to no.

LOL! This is the best post yet!

ttrs6, try learning some grammar and spelling before you start insulting people with childish banter. Instead of being a pr*ck, just share your findings and experience so that others may benefit. This is an RS 6 forum, not Audizine. It isn't a d*ck waiving contest of who you know and how well you know them. You make me say to myself: "Ah, children"... and you're probably my age.

Good luck. With a different approach and some maturity, you'd have more support.

skribe
March 23rd, 2010, 02:50
You might end up short of your HP goal if your mechanic reassembles your motor with half a five-dollar-foot-long in the intake.

Just sayin', that garage is a MESS.

But keep up the posts, I want to see the dyno sheet when you're done!

ben916
March 23rd, 2010, 03:54
Just sayin', that garage is a MESS.

I was gonna say the same thing about the lack of cleanliness. Just glad you wrote it, Skriber!
The high tech $40k Cosworth Aluminum V8 engine mount of a TIRE(!?!?!?) would be enough for me to take my car, whatever one it would be - Kai Rio or Prius, and go elsewhere...

Wouldn't ya want to know where ALL your parts are?
Label them?

DonS
March 23rd, 2010, 12:16
I agree that the messy garage is not a good sign for success. All the books I read for my 3.6l Porsche engine rebuild called for surgical wipes, rubber gloves, every part labeled, lots of photos, clean it once, then twice and even a third time. But let's reduce the negativity and see what happens. It's all talk and powder coating until there's a dyno run.

Its good that most of the trans to engine bolts align, but the face of both cases should align as well for maximum strength. A flat plate should be used to transfer some of the torsional forces to the designed surfaces.

My 2 cents....

p3u
March 24th, 2010, 06:47
As long as the person doing the work knows where everything is, it isn't a mess to them. :)

skribe
March 24th, 2010, 07:01
Yep. Until stray garage floor contaminants spin a turbo bearing after reassembly.

This thread fills me with conflict. I love the enthusiasm... but the whole thing feels a bit strange with all the typos, the shade-tree-looking garage, the braggadocio.

Don't want to hate on you, kid, I want to learn from what you accomplish and I appreciate you sharing it here. But it's a hard thread to watch for some of us refined gentlemen whose tuners have particulate filters, epoxy floors and surgical gloves.

p3u
March 24th, 2010, 15:53
Refined gentleman tuner? Get off your high horse and let the man do what he's going to do. Instead of worrying about his garage organization skills why don't you try, I don't know contributing something to the thread like "nice work" or "look forward to the finished project.". The man has some nuts undertaking this project, so give him respect. If you're not happy with his techniques then keep it to yourself, his results will be all that matters and then at that point make your judgment.

DHall1
March 24th, 2010, 17:02
I suspect you all approve of my backyard work?

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/Thermostatdiy.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/?action=view&current=Thermostatdiy.jpg)

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/IMG_2814.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/?action=view&current=IMG_2814.jpg)

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/IMG_2807.jpg (http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/?action=view&current=IMG_2807.jpg)

I agree that the messy garage is not a good sign for success. All the books I read for my 3.6l Porsche engine rebuild called for surgical wipes, rubber gloves, every part labeled, lots of photos, clean it once, then twice and even a third time. But let's reduce the negativity and see what happens. It's all talk and powder coating until there's a dyno run.

Its good that most of the trans to engine bolts align, but the face of both cases should align as well for maximum strength. A flat plate should be used to transfer some of the torsional forces to the designed surfaces.

My 2 cents....

p3u
March 24th, 2010, 20:31
I want to eat off of that manifold! :jlol:

skribe
March 24th, 2010, 21:30
Refined gentleman tuner? Get off your high horse and let the man do what he's going to do. Instead of worrying about his garage organization skills why don't you try, I don't know contributing something to the thread like "nice work" or "look forward to the finished project.". The man has some nuts undertaking this project, so give him respect. If you're not happy with his techniques then keep it to yourself, his results will be all that matters and then at that point make your judgment.

Whatever, toolbag. I was actually making fun of myself a bit for giving the kid shit.

But I learned a long long time ago -- when I was 10 and I burned a piston because I did a sloppy job of rebuilding the motor in my YZ 80 -- that a dirty garage is bad practice. So I was actually trying to offer some encouragement and constructive advice.

p3u
March 24th, 2010, 22:19
Whatever, toolbag. I was actually making fun of myself a bit for giving the kid shit.

But I learned a long long time ago -- when I was 10 and I burned a piston because I did a sloppy job of rebuilding the motor in my YZ 80 -- that a dirty garage is bad practice. So I was actually trying to offer some encouragement and constructive advice.

Name calling, good one. I remember the first time I did that in pre school....

And refering to him as kid, what are you his grandpa? Your post had nothing but disrespect, so don't try to flip it saying you wanted to give "encouragement and contructive advice." All you did was slap him in the face.

DonS
March 24th, 2010, 22:37
dyno run... DYNO run... DYNO RUN!!

DHall1
March 24th, 2010, 22:52
For once I have the clean garage floor and not part of any activities. Pardon the pun

skribe
March 24th, 2010, 22:54
Yes. I gave him a bit of shit about a really dirty, messy-looking build. I also thanked him for posting and encouraged him to keep posting. In my experience a dirty build can f- things up. I spun a turbo because the guy who did the install layed components on the dirty floor, just like the pics above. Maybe I could have been less sarcastic. But it's a freakin car forum. And I called him a kid because he writes like one.

ben916
March 24th, 2010, 23:05
Yes. I gave him a bit of shit about a really dirty, messy-looking build. I also thanked him for posting and encouraged him to keep posting. In my experience a dirty build can f- things up. I spun a turbo because the guy who did the install layed components on the dirty floor, just like the pics above. Maybe I could have been less sarcastic. But it's a freakin car forum. And I called him a kid because he writes like one.

You don't have to justify yourself as I am sure many are on board with you on the clean part.

I also HOPE that he can get 700hp out of it.

My non factory audi tech works primarily on the other Bavarian vehicles, specifically the early generations of M3.

He showed me his build area:
Dust free environment (as much as possible in an industrial park) with air supply filters and hepa filter on the ground (at least that is what it looked like to me).
He also had a humidity control setup.
The only thing I thought was odd/out-of-place was the burbur carpet...

Also another friend of mine is restoring a 1968(?) Jaguar XKE 4.2.
He purchased all the restoration parts and gave them to the repair shop for the stuff that he is unable to do.
Unfortunately, the owner of the shop passed away in the middle of the build.
The wife took over and the place is a disaster.
The shop keeps calling my buddy asking for the parts for this/that and he provides receipts of purchase and delivery to the "disaster shop".
Obviously the Jag is not built for the high tune like the RS6 that will be pushing 700hp...

It is like going to Mexico to get your root canal.....wait... that might be coming soon.....

p3u
March 24th, 2010, 23:34

I agree with you on a clean garage is best, makes life a lot easier when working on a massive project. It's not what you said, its how you said it. :rs6kiss:

skribe
October 12th, 2010, 23:43
Bump. Anybody know what ever happened? May have been some learning on hybrid turbos to share, maybe not. Are you out there, OP? I think I saw you parting stuff out on eBay last week...

DHall1
October 13th, 2010, 02:27
wound meet salt.

ttrs6
October 13th, 2010, 03:12
The car was on the road for 5 months and running beastly i never put it on a dyno but I'll tell you this much the ESP light was going crazy do to the insane amount of torque the car was making. The car was making 24psi combined with the Meth injection built tc and vast tcu it had to be making 650hp and 600 plus torque no bull. Anyway I finally got my parts from the machine shop. So it is back in the shop for 6 speed conversation and gt 3076 so I am selling the transmission, TC, vast tcu ,jetcoated manifolds and 3"custom downpipes .

ttrs6
October 13th, 2010, 04:08
Sorry for not filling you in sooner A hall but I have better things to do. Like doing actual work to my car and not getting on everyone's threads acting like I no everything and being a drama queen. Next time your thinking of login on to the forum you should try login on to WWW. Pornhub.com first it wouldn't hurt for you to see what real men do to a lady will your glued to your computer screen waiting to Jack the next thread. Now go on and get your box of chocolate forest!!!!!!! Did you get a chance to meat salt she is attached below so why don't you be a good girl and go to photobucket and blow all my photos up for all to see what a conversation kit looks like. While your doing that would you be a doll and check my spelling to. THANKS BENSIN!!!!!!

skribe
October 13th, 2010, 04:11
If you're doing gt30s and a six-speed I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. But now I'm sorry I asked.

For the record, p0rnhub.com is porn, not real people.

V8weight
October 13th, 2010, 04:15
Sorry for not filling you in sooner A hall but I have better things to do. Like doing actual work to my car and not getting on everyone's threads acting like I no everything and being a drama queen. Next time your thinking of login on to the forum you should try login on to WWW. Pornhub.com first it wouldn't hurt for you to see what real men do to a lady will your glued to your computer screen waiting to Jack the next thread. Now go on and get your box of chocolate forest!!!!!!! Did you get a chance to meat salt she is attached below so why don't you be a good girl and go to photobucket and blow all my photos up for all to see what a conversation kit looks like. While your doing that would you be a doll and check my spelling to. THANKS BENSIN!!!!!!
I have been propositioned buy Nigerian Craigslist scammers with a better grasp on phonics than you, but all that aside, good luck with your conversion. Why the animosity? People are interested in what you're doing, and you seem to be trying your best to offend everyone who inquires about your project.

DHall1
October 13th, 2010, 04:34
Clearly, I bring know data and evidence to RS6.com

Erik
October 13th, 2010, 07:14
Easy, easy. Back on topic.

DonS
October 13th, 2010, 13:38
Dyno that sucker! Or at least borrow an iTouch\Phone with Dynolicious or the Dynostorm on the BB Storm. I love to see results!!

The 6-speed will really add some "sport" to the project.

SAF
October 13th, 2010, 16:29
Easy, easy. Back on topic.

Sorry about my pop-clutch reaction. ;)

JRS-RS6
October 13th, 2010, 16:56
Dyno that sucker! Or at least borrow an iTouch\Phone with Dynolicious or the Dynostorm on the BB Storm. I love to see results!!

The 6-speed will really add some "sport" to the project.

I might have to ditch this $^T%%* Bold and upgrade just to add the capability.

arS6
February 15th, 2011, 02:02
What happened to this 700+HP RS6? Speedtrapped's new project reminded me of this post.

PALETTE
February 15th, 2011, 03:32
WOW Killer set up!