PDA

View Full Version : New tires - what to choose ?

MPT
March 6th, 2010, 10:50
Hello everyone.

I'm having new summer tires this year for my TT. the wheels are 19" Audi alloy.

Which tires would you choose? I'm considering either Continental Sportcontact 5 OR Michelin Pilot sport 3. Have you got any experience whith these? Any other tires i should consider?

For the last many years i have been driving on continental tires, but i'm open to other options.

Thanks in advance.

MPT
March 7th, 2010, 22:00
No ideas, or have i posted in wrong forum category?

MrBucket
March 7th, 2010, 23:45
I hated the Continental Sport Contact 3 that came on my RS4, I say go with the Pilot Sports if those are your only two choices. I went with Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R when I needed new tires. That model has been replaced by the RE-11 which is impressive also.

JRS-RS6
March 8th, 2010, 09:30
What are peoples thoughts on the new PS3s?

MrBucket
March 8th, 2010, 15:02
What are peoples thoughts on the new PS3s?
I didn't even know they existed until this thread.

JRS-RS6
March 8th, 2010, 15:19
I didn't even know they existed until this thread.

Just noticed them this weekend: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+3&partnum=54YR8PS3XL

MPT
March 8th, 2010, 20:02
The weather here i Denmark is pretty bad, so i have about a month before summer tires are on the car. And currently summer tires are Continental SC3, which have about 5000km left on them - but they were starting to be noisy, and i dont think the girl friend wants to drive for too long on them.

i guess both Continental SC5 and Michelin PS3 are so new that nobody has tested them yet.

But in retrospect, which should be best? Conti or Michelin?