PDA

View Full Version : KW V3 for RS6 C5

vangelis
March 4th, 2010, 13:34
So, Finally, Today, I placed an order for KW V3 kit and it seems will take 1-2 weeks to be delivered. I'm so exicted to see the difference and get rid of all DRC hassles and problems. Its good to lower the car little once I fix my new S5 wheel set I got yesterday :) .. I will keep you updated with photos once I install the kit. Anyone have an advice on the settings from now? I will search but it would be nice to have it posted here in future research :)

BTW, here is the link for the store I got them from, It is a very good deal and almost the lowest I've seen so far for KW V3 kit.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=11353&xSec=1821

AudiRS4ever
March 4th, 2010, 14:17
I'm still debating when to do the same suspension. My problem is that I really don't want the V3 technology. It's a total waste of money for someone like me. I'm OCD as hell and will be continually adjusting the suspension trying to figure what, "feels right." I would be just as happy with the V2 technology where all I could screw with would be the compression setting. Anyway, since they don't offer that I will be wasting my money on something that hopefully I will just leave alone.
On another note, I don't remember who it is that installed them, but someone on this forum was able to mod the shock tops so that you could make the adjustments without having to take the suspension out of the car every time. It looked pretty slick. Let us know how it goes and what your thoughts are. Good luck.

DHall1
March 4th, 2010, 15:07
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/17263-KW-suspension-fitted-with-Mods..?highlight=kw+v3+settings+diy

DHall1
March 4th, 2010, 15:08
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/19211-KW-s-installation-complete-today?highlight=kw+v3+settings+diy

DHall1
March 4th, 2010, 15:09
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/18199-KW-V3-Ride-height-and-settings?highlight=kw+v3+settings+diy

vangelis
March 4th, 2010, 16:33
Thanks Dave :)

johnnie27
March 4th, 2010, 21:23
I'm still debating when to do the same suspension. My problem is that I really don't want the V3 technology. It's a total waste of money for someone like me. I'm OCD as hell and will be continually adjusting the suspension trying to figure what, "feels right." I would be just as happy with the V2 technology where all I could screw with would be the compression setting. Anyway, since they don't offer that I will be wasting my money on something that hopefully I will just leave alone.
On another note, I don't remember who it is that installed them, but someone on this forum was able to mod the shock tops so that you could make the adjustments without having to take the suspension out of the car every time. It looked pretty slick. Let us know how it goes and what your thoughts are. Good luck.

bro unless you have dental mirrors its a pain in the ass to change the setting anyhow, due to poor access on the car...not like doing it on an EVO or something...just reach under and twist even with the wheels on..anyone have an easy way i'd love to hear about it, perhaps i am just not familiar with my new ride yet? but even jacking it up seem tricky for my nervous brain!

Elevens
March 4th, 2010, 22:03
Good luck on that Vangelis. I also just ordered me a set of H&R coilovers from Europerformance over there in Britain. They suggested 2-3 Weeks for delivery. The reason I went with H&R's is because I have them on my A6 6speed and the ride is excellent. I am hoping for the same with the RS. I was considering the KW's but I believe a few members who have already installed them reported of the ride being a little harsher than stock. Any way like you I will report my feelings once I get and install them..

ben916
March 4th, 2010, 22:46
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/17263-KW-suspension-fitted-with-Mods..?highlight=kw+v3+settings+diy

THAT, my friends, is a great write up...
O/T
Did you notice the Recaro's in Headshot's RS6????

vangelis
March 4th, 2010, 23:55
Thanks Elevens, Good luck with your H&R as well. Lets know your feedback on them. Hope you love them :)

Good luck on that Vangelis. I also just ordered me a set of H&R coilovers from Europerformance over there in Britain. They suggested 2-3 Weeks for delivery. The reason I went with H&R's is because I have them on my A6 6speed and the ride is excellent. I am hoping for the same with the RS. I was considering the KW's but I believe a few members who have already installed them reported of the ride being a little harsher than stock. Any way like you I will report my feelings once I get and install them..

AudiRS4ever
March 5th, 2010, 14:24
Elevens,

Would you mind telling us how much you paid for the H&R's? And just out of curiosity, why didn't you order them from Grizz? I haven't seen him post in some time, so maybe he's not even on the forum anymore. I am definitely weighing my options right now. I had H&R's on my S4 and loved the ride, but the car sat too low for me. I've had PSS9's on my M5 and while I loved the ride height, the actual ride was a little too on rough side. The stock suspension on the RS6 is great as long as you're going over 60mph. It's when you're not that I think it's too choppy. Also, the ride height is too high. (Boy, don't I sound just like the 3 bears with their porage?)
As I stated in my earlier post on this thread, I wish KW would give us the V1 or V2. I don't want all of the adjustments, and I really have an issue paying for things I won't ever use. The only pictures I've seen of the H&R's, the cars both looked a little too low for my taste. I'm very curious to see what you think and to see pictures of your car's ride height when they're installed. Are you in the United States, or in another country where the H&R's are more readily available? Thanks!

Elevens
March 6th, 2010, 05:34
Elevens,

Would you mind telling us how much you paid for the H&R's? And just out of curiosity, why didn't you order them from Grizz? I haven't seen him post in some time, so maybe he's not even on the forum anymore. I am definitely weighing my options right now. I had H&R's on my S4 and loved the ride, but the car sat too low for me. I've had PSS9's on my M5 and while I loved the ride height, the actual ride was a little too on rough side. The stock suspension on the RS6 is great as long as you're going over 60mph. It's when you're not that I think it's too choppy. Also, the ride height is too high. (Boy, don't I sound just like the 3 bears with their porage?)
As I stated in my earlier post on this thread, I wish KW would give us the V1 or V2. I don't want all of the adjustments, and I really have an issue paying for things I won't ever use. The only pictures I've seen of the H&R's, the cars both looked a little too low for my taste. I'm very curious to see what you think and to see pictures of your car's ride height when they're installed. Are you in the United States, or in another country where the H&R's are more readily available? Thanks!

AudiRS4ever I am located in Fort Lauderdale Florida. I ordered the Coilovers from Europerformance in Britain. The cost was 1033.99 Pounds, which was roughly $1566. The shipping cost me about $194.00 which I thought was kind of steep. But that's what I paid. But all in all considerably cheaper than what KW's cost over hear. I agree with you, in that I don't need the adjustments of the KW's either. As far as ride height is concerned, you can adjust it. So you set it to what suits your taste. I set mine to were I can just barely get my finger between fender and tire. Not to scientific but I like the way it looks and the way it rides. The only problem with a lowered ride is you usually cannot attain factory spec Camber. I plan on buying some adjustable upper links from Purems which will allow correct camber adjustment. The only problem they are ridiculously expensive. About $600.00 a set. Maybe some one will come out with something a little cheaper. Hope this helps.......

vangelis
March 6th, 2010, 08:33
AudiRS4ever I am located in Fort Lauderdale Florida. I ordered the Coilovers from Europerformance in Britain. The cost was 1033.99 Pounds, which was roughly $1566. The shipping cost me about $194.00 which I thought was kind of steep. But that's what I paid. But all in all considerably cheaper than what KW's cost over hear. I agree with you, in that I don't need the adjustments of the KW's either. As far as ride height is concerned, you can adjust it. So you set it to what suits your taste. I set mine to were I can just barely get my finger between fender and tire. Not to scientific but I like the way it looks and the way it rides. The only problem with a lowered ride is you usually cannot attain factory spec Camber. I plan on buying some adjustable upper links from Purems which will allow correct camber adjustment. The only problem they are ridiculously expensive. About $600.00 a set. Maybe some one will come out with something a little cheaper. Hope this helps.......

Elevens, I can't see a big difference in the price as I got my KW v3 set for £1158 which is £124 only more than your H&R kit and I do believe it worth that amount and even more. So, including your shipping that become more than the KW v3 price.

AudiRS4ever
March 6th, 2010, 15:20
Elevens,

That's good to know you can get them here. I realize the H&R's are adjustable, but on the S4 at their very highest setting it was still way too for me. Anyway, I'm going to be very excited to hear what you two think and see pics of both cars. I'm doing something soon. Trying to decide if I do the sub first or the coil-overs. Either way, they car is about to go back in shop to have some toys put on. Thanks!

DHall1
March 6th, 2010, 16:38
This thread is worthless without pics.

Where are the pics?

AudiRS4ever
March 6th, 2010, 16:54

Where are the pics?

Neither one of them have even received their coil-overs yet. Patience my young jedi.

Elevens
March 6th, 2010, 18:15

Where are the pics?

Believe you me I want to post pics. But I want my car set up first. I am embarrest to show my car siiting up so high. That Damn DRC. I have so much to do. Coilovers, Swaybars, Wheels and Tires, Xenon fog light install, Fog light mod, Clear corner mod, and numerous other things I can't even remember. So far all I have done is a 35% front, 18% rear window tint (A must in Florida). Hella rear taillights(Black seems to match Daytona Grey perfectly) and the MTM ECU-TCU chip. So there is quite a bit more for me to do before I post pictures of the car. It's my Budget and time that dictates how fast I can do these mods.

Elevens
March 6th, 2010, 18:24
AudiRS4ever: You had asked me why I didn't order anything from Grizz. Fact is my wife had called him to check on some prices for a Coilover kit. He said he was in the process of making up a price for a kit, and that he would Email the details to me. Well I am still waiting. And this was early last week. So tired of waiting I looked else were.

AudiRS4ever
March 6th, 2010, 18:39
Fair enough on that answer. Can't wait to see your car.

vangelis
March 6th, 2010, 20:13
Exactly, that is one of the reasons why I back to stock 365mm brake setup.

AudiRS4ever: You had asked me why I didn't order anything from Grizz. Fact is my wife had called him to check on some prices for a Coilover kit. He said he was in the process of making up a price for a kit, and that he would Email the details to me. Well I am still waiting. And this was early last week. So tired of waiting I looked else were.