PDA

View Full Version : What I do when I'm not on the forum

V8weight
March 4th, 2010, 00:43
I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of a repair job I started this morning. It's not every day I do a job of this magnitude, but I just thought some might find it interesting to see a car with this much repair work involved. Like I said, I started on this car this morning, and this pic was taken around 2:00. Later this afternoon I welded in the right frame rail, side reinforcement and trunk floor. I'm hoping to have this ready for paint by tomorrow afternoon.
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/IMG_7538.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/IMG_7539.jpg

Benman
March 4th, 2010, 00:48
If you actually have that ready for paint tomorrow, then you are hired at our family's autobody shop here in sunny So Cal. :cheers:

Ben

SAF
March 4th, 2010, 00:50
If you actually have that ready for paint tomorrow, then you are hired at our family's autobody shop here in sunny So Cal. :cheers:

Ben

LOL, no sh!t. I'll be impressed.

V8weight
March 4th, 2010, 00:51

Ben
It most certainly will, on average I turn in 85+ hours a week. These are the kind of jobs that I really excel at. Be careful, I might be waiting in your parking lot in the morning. : )

Benman
March 4th, 2010, 00:53
I most certainly will, I average 85+ hour a week. These are the kind of jobs that I really excel at. Be careful, I might be waiting in your parking lot in the morning. : )

No, YOU be carefull, you will actually be a... God forbid... CALIFORNIAN!!!!!!!! Ohhhh the HUGE MANITEE!!!!!!!!!!

V8weight
March 4th, 2010, 01:04
No, YOU be carefull, you will actually be a... God forbid... CALIFORNIAN!!!!!!!! Ohhhh the HUGE MANITEE!!!!!!!!!!
Ooh, I'm not sure that my fargo-esque accent (which doesn't show in my typing) will blend in out there. Actually, Dave and I were having a conversation about this a while back. I'd love to relocate to a warmer climate, but I'm reasonably sure that there is a disparity in labor rates between MN and southern/western states. Not to mention associated taxes and cost of living.

Born2be
March 4th, 2010, 01:10
It most certainly will, on average I turn in 85+ hours a week. These are the kind of jobs that I really excel at. Be careful, I might be waiting in your parking lot in the morning. : )

Where the hell do you find time to post here???!!!

(ya sure, don'cha know...)

W>

V8weight
March 4th, 2010, 01:16
Where the hell do you find time to post here???!!!

(ya sure, don'cha know...)

W>
I don't actually work 85 hours a week, more like 35. I'm talking about the labor hours (basically the book times) that I turn in. I'm payed on straight commission. I make a percentage of our labor rate $/hour times the number of hours that I turn in.

uncfrk
March 4th, 2010, 02:03
It looks like a huge project to me. I'm impressed.

DHall1
March 4th, 2010, 02:30
That is what happens in private industry every day.

PRODUCTION.

PRODUCTIVE people doing productive work.

Not 160k/yr city bus drivers.

Doh

TozoM8
March 4th, 2010, 02:57
Something tells me that you don't like bus drivers :)

DHall1
March 4th, 2010, 03:46
Not city bus drivers that make more than my doctor. Or more than the CFO at our hospital. Sorry to rant but some day the productive people will all give up.

GEN XER
March 4th, 2010, 04:01
Not city bus drivers that make more than my doctor. Or more than the CFO at our hospital. Sorry to rant but some day the productive people will all give up.

I think the time has come for the producers to prevail again. if we don't go back to being a producing nation we may as well cash in all our Dollars for Yuan! Damnit Dave you jacked this post very smoothly.

DHall1
March 4th, 2010, 04:22
I dont think Pat minds. He told me to go ahead.

And you are correct Willie. We better start making things again. And we better manage the costs in building those things.

I think the time has come for the producers to prevail again. if we don't go back to being a producing nation we may as well cash in all our Dollars for Yuan! Damnit Dave you jacked this post very smoothly.

4everRS
March 4th, 2010, 04:40
Pat, what is it?

I'm surprised its not totaled. Must not have front end damage.

Willie and Dave - oddly enough, the industrial sector has grown the fastest over the past several months. Definitely not in my area, but across the country as a whole. It is likely still a good idea to own some assets traded in yuan. The Brazilian Real would be good too. Stay away from the yen and pound.

DHall1
March 4th, 2010, 04:47
If your talking stock gains then that is another world. The yen and dollar trades are simply in control of the few Goldman traders. Japan owns most of our debt. Who gets the last laugh.

Pat, what is it?

I'm surprised its not totaled. Must not have front end damage.

Willie and Dave - oddly enough, the industrial sector has grown the fastest over the past several months. Definitely not in my area, but across the country as a whole. It is likely still a good idea to own some assets traded in yuan. The Brazilian Real would be good too. Stay away from the yen and pound.

s42ski
March 4th, 2010, 04:49
Totally agree with Dave - we need to build more in this country - helps when I work for the largest exporter!:hahahehe:

DHall1
March 4th, 2010, 04:53
Hey, hey

I hear Nancy Pelosi wants to move down to LA. Look out below.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/dunce-cap.png?t=1267677912

Totally agree with Dave - we need to build more in this country - helps when I work for the largest exporter!:hahahehe:

4everRS
March 4th, 2010, 05:02
Largest exporter ... hmmmm? Do you work for the Treasury Dept? We seem to be exporting a lot of debt lately.

4everRS
March 4th, 2010, 05:19
Talking about stock and bonds - yes bond trades too. I think you may have meant that Japan holds more of our debt than any other country at a little less that $1 trillion. Of course this is besides our own country. Fed currently owns more than $5 trillion of Treasuries.
If your talking stock gains then that is another world. The yen and dollar trades are simply in control of the few Goldman traders. Japan owns most of our debt. Who gets the last laugh.

DHall1
March 4th, 2010, 05:29
$57.00 for a parking ticket in Phoenix.

Oh $hit this idiots are hurting. Rest areas closed, state parks closed and now 57 dollars for a parking ticket?

Oh boy

4everRS
March 4th, 2010, 05:36
Not to mention the nasty speed cameras. Got 2 speeding tickets about 2 months ago with my old A6 - except it wasn't me. New owner didn't register it yet and in MN you leave the plates on the car when you sell. 30 mins of my time with some AZ DMV call center lady that i'll never get back.

DHall1
March 4th, 2010, 05:44
Only 30 minutes. You are the lucky one. Same thing happened with my wifes old Lexus. New owner got 2 tickets a few months later and spent hours on the phone with the DMV to get the tickets removed. I almost called the local police in the guys town and reported the car stolen. Ha

Not to mention the nasty speed cameras. Got 2 speeding tickets about 2 months ago with my old A6 - except it wasn't me. New owner didn't register it yet and in MN you leave the plates on the car when you sell. 30 mins of my time with some AZ DMV call center lady that i'll never get back.

ben916
March 4th, 2010, 18:29
Hey, hey

I hear Nancy Pelosi wants to move down to LA. Look out below.

Um... gonna do a lateral.... towards Casa Grande.... :)

PAT! that is some serious work there!

DHall1
March 4th, 2010, 18:44
Nope, people in AZ carry guns. She would be shot at the border.

Um... gonna do a lateral.... towards Casa Grande.... :)

PAT! that is some serious work there!

Benman
March 4th, 2010, 19:34
Well back on Pat's flag hours, yes, those are good numbers. Our guys here shoot for slightly over double, so it would take them 40 hours to hit the 85 you are posting, great job. That job offer is still open, just keep in mind we are no Union shop. ;)

Ben

DHall1
March 4th, 2010, 19:43
Oh goodie,

I will be right over to sign up all your people. They need to be making my house payment.

Well back on Pat's flag hours, yes, those are good numbers. Our guys here shoot for slightly over double, so it would take them 40 hours to hit the 85 you are posting, great job. That job offer is still open, just keep in mind we are no Union shop. ;)

Ben