PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to the factory in Ingolstadt?

melsas
March 3rd, 2010, 01:17
I'm going to be in Vienna soon ( about 4.5 hours away). Is it worthwhile to take the factory tour? I think there is a museum also.

hahnmgh63
March 3rd, 2010, 01:42
I haven't done the factory tour there but the Museum is right next door and it is great, higly recommended. If you are interested too, Dachau concentration camp is only about 15 minutes away and is a very sobering tour. E-mail me your address and I'll send you a brochure that I picked up there (got a couple extra) that talks about the Museum and tours and such. hahnmgh@yahoo.com

Erik
March 3rd, 2010, 06:57
I have been there. The factory tour is ok if you have the time.

roadrunner
March 3rd, 2010, 09:09
4,5h drive from Vienna.

If you go in that direction anyway, do it.

Important: Call in advance and reserve a spot if you really are going. The Audi customers, that pick up their Audis at the factory, have a fixed spot for the tours.

Benman
March 3rd, 2010, 19:57
I have been there. The factory tour is ok if you have the time.

I agree, the tour is worth the time but will not be "life changing". ;) The Museum is Uber-cool.

Ben :addict:

DHall1
March 3rd, 2010, 20:30
Now a tour around government motors and a look at the UAW workers would be life changing. I would most likely get thrown in jail for kicking them in the you know what for the you know what.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/rpm_g_gm_workers_580.jpg?t=1267647604

I agree, the tour is worth the time but will not be "life changing". ;) The Museum is Uber-cool.

Ben :addict:

Trebor
March 3rd, 2010, 22:36
BTW MTM are just 10 min up the road