PDA

View Full Version : Audi Le Mans quattro

Erik
September 9th, 2003, 10:29
See all the pics at www.RS6.com

Unveiled in Frankfurt: the Audi Le Mans Quattro

1.90 metres wide but only 4.37 metres long and 1.25 metres high: this clearly reflects the proportions of a pure sports car. A wheelbase of 2.65 metres accommodates a surprisingly spacious cockpit and the longitudinally installed V10 ‘biturbo’ engine with FSI direct fuel injection behind it. To the rear of the doors, between the sill and the roof, there is a large outward-curving intake that supplies the V10 engine, the brakes, the oil cooler and the charge-air intercooler with sufficient air.

An aluminium Audi Space Frame (ASF) forms the central structure of this concept study. The outer skin and add-on parts use a weight-saving mixed aluminium and carbon-fibre concept - thus satisfying the demand for utmost rigidity at a simultaneously low weight of 1530 kg, and providing a foundation for top road dynamics.

This mid-engined two-seater is powered by a five-litre V10 ‘biturbo’ engine with FSI direct fuel injection, developing 449 kW (610 bhp) at 6,800 rpm.
Outstandingly free revving and considerable ‘bite’ are typical features of this engine, with its seemingly inexhaustible power reserves even at very low engine speeds.

The maximum torque of 750 Nm is available at an engine speed as low as 1,750 rpm and remains constant over a broad engine speed range up to 5,800 rpm. A sequential-shift six-speed sports gearbox enables the driver to use this powerful torque in the appropriate doses.

As a matter of course, any Audi as powerful as this will have quattro permanent four-wheel drive, which distributes the power variably - based on a 40:60 ratio - to the front and rear axles and thus gives this mid-engined sports car its optimum road dynamics. The Audi Le Mans quattro accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in just 3.7 seconds and to 200 km/h in 10.8 seconds.
Power-to-weight ratio is only 2.5 kg/bhp…

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Erik
September 9th, 2003, 10:30
:MTM:

Erik
:bang:

Erik
:cool2:

Erik
September 9th, 2003, 10:31
:bigeyes:

AudiTumbo
September 9th, 2003, 10:36
I think I'm gonna cry of happiness.... :trash:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Andreas.ka
September 9th, 2003, 10:43
hmm okej, what happened.
As I said before the front lights look weird, the rear looks much cooler.

sc_andy
September 9th, 2003, 12:57
who wanna see more high quality pics and facts about the new Audi Le Mans Quattro has to check this site:

http://www.supercars.de/singlecar/9/733.html

have fun ;-)

Muju
September 9th, 2003, 13:09
looks a bit like the new super porsche from the ´rear. -I like it

avdh
September 9th, 2003, 16:02
I love it, it is sensational.

I want one :D Now to afford one is another matter.... :rolleyes:

Finnus
September 9th, 2003, 16:26
Absolutely AMAZING car!!! The next dream machine. Forget the RSR. Forget the Nuvolari. This is it.

Lets hope that Audi in fact builds it (and doesn't wimp out on the 610 bhp)!!!

Check out the article on germancarfans.com

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

nene
September 9th, 2003, 16:32
Great job on the pix and the write up on this new concept.
Glad that Audi is really stepping up. I think that with all the new really cool concepts, Benz and BMW don't even know what hit them!!!

Love the car, and I hope a convertible is in the making as well.

AudiTumbo
September 9th, 2003, 16:50
Here are several desktop pics!
http://www.supercars.de/singlecar/9/733.html

Klint
September 9th, 2003, 17:04
It looks like something from Robocop 2 or three...the one where the bigger robot fights with robocop himself...:hihi:

I know where the inspriation for the exhausts came from...Ducati's 999 comes to mind. :)

:cheers:

urquattro83
September 9th, 2003, 17:05
Ok let's turn our face to Mekka (I am sorry Ingolstadt) and pray
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Audi really kicks Bmw and Mercedes to second divison:byeM5:

Snow
September 9th, 2003, 17:48
That is one good looking car! Very impressive, and the technology seems to be there as well (who'd think anything else?).

We can all just hope that Audi has the balls to get these prototypes, maybe slightly modificated, into production. Or at least come up with production cars with some herritage from these.

:bow: :MTM: :cheers:

By the way, great article so far. Haven't read all of it yet.

steve
September 9th, 2003, 18:27
That is ART!

audifan
September 9th, 2003, 20:38
I can barley believe what I see. Audi has really smacked benz and bmw in the face on this one. It styling its unique although not perfect. The future looks bright for audi....very bright :cool2:

http://www.audi.com/com/en/experience/motor_shows/iaa2003/iaa2003.jsp

video of the Le Mans Quattro!

can't wait to see it on the road. :bow: :bow:

mjrr
September 9th, 2003, 21:12
It has got a V10 biturbo .... perhaps this engine will come in the new RS6 ???

mjrr

Erik
September 10th, 2003, 11:42
Close...but no cigar

http://www.rapidcars.com/images/humaudieres.jpg

gnomik007
September 10th, 2003, 12:08
The car looks incredible but does anyone know which cars are they gonna produce and which won't(RSR,Nuvolary and this one)?

:bow: Make all of them:byeM5: Bmw

audifan
September 10th, 2003, 20:20
reports say that the pikes peak, Nuvolari, and The le mans Qattro will all go into production thanks to platform sharing and the space frame technology. These models will be the start of a high end sports cars to battle the benz and bmw etc.,......very good news... :cheers:

Finnus
September 11th, 2003, 13:58
reports say that the pikes peak, Nuvolari, and The le mans Qattro will all go into production

Let's hope so. I also hope they'll be importing the LeMans Quattro to the states.

It seems to me that the LeMans Quattro takes the place of the RSR. Didn't the RSR start out spec'd at 600 hp before Audi wussed out and droped it to 400? I figured they didn't want to compete with Lamborghini. But this LeMans Quattro seems to rub it right in Lamborghini's face ...

Finnus

Benman
September 12th, 2003, 22:50
Originally posted by gnomik007
The car looks incredible but does anyone know which cars are they gonna produce and which won't(RSR,Nuvolary and this one)?

:bow: Make all of them:byeM5: Bmw

This IS the REAL RSR (all those other pics were computer generated). The car looks awesome. Not too out there but definately not conservative. Great job Audi:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Ra5a
September 13th, 2003, 01:19
autoweek says the price will be around 80-120k $
is that impressive or what?

Benman
September 13th, 2003, 01:30
Originally posted by Ra5a
is that impressive or what?
I'd bet on the $120K range.

Finnus
September 13th, 2003, 13:42
This IS the REAL RSR (all those other pics were computer generated). The car looks awesome. Not too out there but definately not conservative. Great job Audi

Ben,

I agree 100%!!! :cheers:

I'd bet on the $120K range.

I hope you're right, but I think those amounts are low. I don't think Audi (or VAG) would build a $120,000 600 hp LeMans Quattro to compete with a $180,000 500 hp baby Lambo not to mention the higher end Porsches (such as the Carerra GT - isn't it around $300,000). Remember when the RS6 was going to cost in the $60-70,000 range?

I would expect more in the $150,000+ range...

I hope I'm wrong, this is my next dream machine!

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict: :cheers:

Benman
September 14th, 2003, 01:08
Originally posted by Finnus
I hope you're right, but I think those amounts are low. I don't think Audi (or VAG) would build a $120,000 600 hp LeMans Quattro to compete with a $180,000 500 hp baby Lambo not to mention the higher end Porsches (such as the Carerra GT - isn't it around $300,000). Remember when the RS6 was going to cost in the $60-70,000 range?

I would expect more in the $150,000+ range...

I hope I'm wrong, this is my next dream machine!

Sorry boys, but i think Finnus has a good point. I too remember all too well the awesome RS 6 for "only" $60K stories and look what happened. It would be wishfull thinking to expect a penny less than $120K. Finnus, your guess of $150K will probably be pretty dang close.:cheers:

Ben:addict: (But even at $150K the car would ROCK!!!)

Ra5a
September 14th, 2003, 04:11
Originally posted by Benman
Sorry boys, but i think Finnus has a good point. I too remember all too well the awesome RS 6 for "only" $60K stories and look what happened. It would be wishfull thinking to expect a penny less than $120K. Finnus, your guess of $150K will probably be pretty dang close.:cheers:

Ben:addict: (But even at $150K the car would ROCK!!!)

considering that the slr is about 450 or so..
proof that mb is overcharging for the slr..
it's an impressive car but simply too expensive.
alltough i think there will get to the sales target, brand recognition..

anyways i don't think it will be more expensive than the lambo.
lambo still has the exclusive thing going on.

let's just hope it hits the roads for <150k
and i will have enough money to buy it when it's available ;)

Finnus
September 14th, 2003, 12:59
It would be wishfull thinking to expect a penny less than $120K. (But even at $150K the car would ROCK!!!)

Ben,

I think when you consider all of the new composite materials (carbon fiber/plastics), the development of the space frame, the first mid-engine production Audi, the new lights & body design, God knows what other new technology and engineering is required, the market/peer group this monster will be running in, and the fact that the production numbers would be relatively low (fewer units to spread costs over), and I think the $150,000 is a good target number ...

Yeah, I agree, even at $150, the car would ROCK!:MTM: Start saving your pennies, boys.

Does anyone know if this car has the DSG double clutch in the new TT, or is it some other new/racing technology?

Audi has really smacked benz and bmw in the face on this one. !:MTM: :byeM5:

Halleluyah! Say, "Amen". By the way, the 3.7 second 0-60 on the L-Q is better than the 3.8/3.9 published for the new M-B McLaren SLR, hopefully at about one-third the cost! The hp is about the same on the two (610 vs 612), although I'm sure the L-Q V10 will be tunable - probably a "natural" for 800 hp (remember the Audi engineer's quote that the 4.2L TT is a natural for 600?)!!! LOL ... and, I think the L-Q looks 1000 times (at least) better than the McLaren. IMHO I never like those retro car designs (the McLaren is loosely patterned after the 1950s M-Bs).

Finnus :cheers:

gnomik007
September 15th, 2003, 14:55
The car is a beauty,and a very powerful one too.Audi is definately going forward with the new trio.I want all three of them.What do u think will be the price for Pikes peak and Nuvolari in Europe?

Audi kiks ass:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :incar: :bow: :bow: :bow:

luckylady
September 17th, 2003, 17:32
I recently read that Audi does plan on building it, but when? I'm wondering if it will be in limited quantities and if they will be pre-sold like the RS6. I also read that they will range somewhere between $80k & $120k - seems affordadable, especially when comparing to other like cars. I can't seem to find the post and haven't had time to search - I think it was on AW. Love this car! Got to have one!

P.S. Great pictures!

GmbHouse
September 23rd, 2003, 22:57
Audi has taken a lot of grief on the RS6 pricing and appears to have far more unsold cars than they planned on, indicating overpricing. In case AoA reads these boards to gauge potential demand let's make sure they get the correct message. "Yes we will buy it, but keep it around $100K".

Erik
September 23rd, 2003, 23:13
Originally posted by GmbHouse
In case AoA reads these boards to gauge potential demand let's make sure they get the correct message. "Yes we will buy it, but keep it around $100K".

Mr. Winterkorn if you read this I'm willing to test drive it for free. I also welcome a special price for myself :D