PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some part numbers...

dmross
February 26th, 2010, 17:43
MAF seals
Coil connector harness plug - #4 has a broken tab and doesn't latch anymore
MAF connector harness plugs

The mechanic who last worked on my car managed to destroy some things.

http://chrono.firex.org/images/mafpass.jpg
http://chrono.firex.org/images/mafdrv.jpg

DHall1
February 26th, 2010, 18:07
IPT by chance?

hahnmgh63
February 26th, 2010, 18:15
The connectors get brittle over time with the heat. The coil connectors will usually have no problems staying connected even with the little keeper broken, same with the MAF's. You do not need to replace them if it is just the small plastic clip. If it makes you feel better, make sure it is seated then just put a dab of silicone at the connection interface where the clip normally catches. Just a touch so you don't make it too dificult to remove.

dmross
February 26th, 2010, 19:25
IPT by chance?

Not sure, it may have happened there or at the local dealership when I was having the A/C system repaired. I just know the last time *I* disconnected them they were fine.

What about the seals for the MAFs, is there a separate part number for them or do they come with the MAFs?

DHall1
February 26th, 2010, 19:31
Ok, generally these plugs only come with entire wiring harness. I would think if a dealer tech took this apart and noticed a visual on those plugs....the customer should have been notified. Therefore, if the last dealer repair included taking off this air cleaner/maf assembly....I would start down that road.

What happened here? Why was I not notified. What are you going to do?

If the dealer repair did not include taking the air cleaner off....then did IPT remove only the transmission? or engine/trans together?

Not sure, it may have happened there or at the local dealership when I was having the A/C system repaired. I just know the last time *I* disconnected them they were fine.

What about the seals for the MAFs, is there a separate part number for them or do they come with the MAFs?

dmross
March 2nd, 2010, 22:53
Found all the part numbers.

MAF seal / gasket (maf to airbox) - 077 133 476
MAF seal / gasket (maf to turbo inlet) - 077 133 428 A
IGN coil connector plug housing - 4B0 973 724
MAF connector plug housing - 1J0 973 775 A

Shoppinit
March 3rd, 2010, 16:16
The left hand MAF sensor connector is a complete biatch to remove. You need so insert something into the slot to release the locking mechanism, but since there's about 3/4" manouevering room something's got to give. I'm guessing it's the technician's patience...

Shoppinit
March 3rd, 2010, 16:21
The coil pack connector is: 4B0 973 724
MAF connector: 1J0 973 775A

Oh. Missed your post with the part numbers :s