PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Sub. Advise

AudiRS4ever
February 26th, 2010, 16:53
Thought I'd try to get a few opinions. I like the stereo in the RS6 just fine, but it has absolutely no bass, because of the tiny BOSE subs. I am going to have a custom box built where the factory subs are now. My friend who is going to do all of the work is suggesting a JL W6 10" with a JL Audio 500/1 v2 Class D amp. Here's my biggest question. Am I just pissing money away to buy these products? I understand that JL is one of the best known sub and amp, but I also know that I am going to be going through a lot of sound insulation and that the BOSE setup in the car is not the best in the world by any means. I thought about Kenwood Excelon, Alpine, and Polk, but my friend is pretty hell-bent on JL. Just thought maybe someone had experience doing this with a C5 and could chime in. I'll probably ask this question on AZ too. They have a stereo and NAV forum. Thanks!

DHall1
February 27th, 2010, 01:07
Send Fonzie a PM....I know he had a speaker system to go along with his RNSE.

I have zero knowledge on sound equipment. I mean zero.

ttrs6
February 27th, 2010, 03:02
jl is one of the best but with the stock bose system that will be to much bass i would put in a preamped bozuka tub that will hit real nice.trust me i was an installer that is what im doing.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
save!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V8weight
February 27th, 2010, 03:11
My only advice is to remember to loosen up the trunk latch so that it rattles as you drive through residential neighborhoods. Bass deep enough to rattle a car apart always impresses me, as I turn up the tv and reach for the winchester.

AudiRS4ever
February 27th, 2010, 03:18
My only advice is to remember to loosen up the trunk latch so that it rattles as you drive through residential neighborhoods. Bass deep enough to rattle a car apart always impresses me, as I turn up the tv and reach for the winchester.

Not my mission to see how much bass I can have. Just to get a cleaner sound. Oh yeah, I shoot back.:hahahehe:

AudiRS4ever
February 27th, 2010, 03:20
jl is one of the best but with the stock bose system that will be to much bass i would put in a preamped bozuka tub that will hit real nice.trust me i was an installer that is what im doing.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
save!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will definitely look into that. All I'm trying to do is catch below 80hz which our cars cannot do. Thanks again.

V8weight
February 27th, 2010, 03:27
Not my mission to see how much bass I can have. Just to get a cleaner sound. Oh yeah, I shoot back.:hahahehe:
I know, I agree, the bose system is terribly flat. I was just attempting to make a joke. I'll keep practicing.:looking:

ben916
February 27th, 2010, 03:32

Shouldn't be that hard to get the trunk to rattle, just loosen the license plate bracket a little.
That ALWAYS makes the ladies look your direction!!! Unless you are looking for dudes to scope you out...

AudiRS4ever
February 27th, 2010, 03:37
I know, I agree, the bose system is terribly flat. I was just attempting to make a joke. I'll keep practicing.:looking:

I thought it was funny. I was laughing the whole time I was replying.