PDA

View Full Version : Timing belt kit/ job

vangelis
February 26th, 2010, 13:40
I'm going to drop my car tomorrow to MTM Dubai for a big job including the timing belt and v belt job.

I was just wondering if anyone have a feedback on the aftermarket kits available on eBay. Is it safe to be used? or shall I pay more and get the OEM from dealer with peace of mind? Anyone have experience with that will be much appreciated to know.

Here is the link for the kit I got --> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-S8-S6-RS6-01-02-03-04-Timing-Belt-Water-Pump-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem334cd66254QQitemZ22 0332450388QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcce ssories

Thermostat & V belt I bought from dealer yesterday, but here also the list of parts received with the brand name:
* SIL water pump (made in italy).
*Continental Timing belt (made in germany)
*Tensioners made in italy.
*Rest of parts made in Solvakia & France.

DHall1
February 26th, 2010, 14:09
I would only use Audi parts as noted in my timing belt thread.

Esp the waterpump and two smaller idler rollers. Audi only.

vangelis
February 26th, 2010, 17:31
I would only use Audi parts as noted in my timing belt thread.

Esp the waterpump and two smaller idler rollers. Audi only.

Noted, Will do so, I will pass by the stealer tomorrow to get one water pump for about $410USD!!!,, thanks man :)

DHall1
February 26th, 2010, 17:55
We need to find you a way to get parts from here.

The water pump is about CORRECTION 271.00 HERE

Noted, Will do so, I will pass by the stealer tomorrow to get one water pump for about $410USD!!!,, thanks man :)

vangelis
February 27th, 2010, 09:19
Mmmm, now there is no big difference as I'm getting 25% on all parts from dealer. However, I have my P.O. Box in NY which i'm always using whenever i buy from US. Last item i receiced through it was the car cover from ECS. Thanks anyway man for ur help.

I dropped my car today @ MTM Dubai for these list of jobs:
*Timing belt service, V belt.
*Engine mounts.
*Transmission pull down, send TC & VB to IPT, buy the rebuild kit from IPT and build it localy here for $330USD by a very good workshop recommended by MTM Dubai.
*Send my TCU to Hoppen Motorsport for MTM remap.
*Replace 390mm brake setuo back to 365mm.
*KW V3.
*20" RS6 C6 wheels.