PDA

View Full Version : Headlight vibration

sheatisdale
February 23rd, 2010, 19:31
One thing that really bothers me is my headlights seem to vibrate on the highway. No other car I've had does this, but on my beast when I'm driving, they seem to vibrate up and down a tiny bit. I've look at them and I think it is because they seem to "float" and are only attached at the top with those rubber lined screw-downs.

Anyone else have this or is it just me? Anyone every do anything about it?

4everRS
February 23rd, 2010, 21:16
There is also a screw on each headlight through the top of the front fender when the hood is open. You may want to check them for tension. You'll access this screw through a hole at the top front of the fender and straight down. I believe it is a t-25 or 30 torx. You will need a 8 - 10 " extension/bitholder to get at it. I believe this screw secures the bottom of the headlamp assembly.

vangelis
February 24th, 2010, 05:31
That is sad, cuz this means the xenon blast unit is about to go. That is one the symptoms. I've seens that in many cars of my friends. When you have a vibrations with xenon this means you need to change the Xenon Unit, not the bulbs , nothing except the unit.

Gustaf
November 24th, 2010, 15:39
I assume there is a bolt or 2 at the bottom of the headlight. Is there a way to access them without removing the bumper? My drivers side headlight vibrates over bumps and when I checked it, it seemed a bit loose on the bottom.

dreadlocks
November 24th, 2010, 17:39
there's the 2 bolts on the top, there is a really deep one behind sidemarker, then there is a clip and bolt on the bottom going into the radiator support... The clip on my DL headlamp was broken, and I can move that light a bit (never noticed any vibration tho). The pass side is 100% secured and it wont budge, perhaps you have a simular issue?

-R