PDA

View Full Version : RS 6 test drive report - and thanks!

ZCD2.7T
September 8th, 2003, 15:27
Follow this link for my impressions of your beasts!

http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/292796.phtml

Thanks again, Mr. Owner! Happy driving!
:incar:

Bauer
September 8th, 2003, 16:37
ZCD2.7T,

Great write up and I couldn't agree more. The car is extreamly addictive and everytime I drive it I enjoy it even more.

Very nice of "Mr Owner" let you take the car out for a spin and thank you for writing the review. I know there has been a lot of gripes about the price and believe me I know it is not cheap. However, once you drive the car it becomes very easy to justify.

I hope you get more opportunities to drive the RS6 in the future and may one grace you garage one day (soon hopefuly).:cheers:

Bauer

03 RS6
01 S8
92 S4

andyp
September 9th, 2003, 02:17
ZCD2.7T,

Great write up, thanks. I too hope you get to have your own one day. It is a fantastic car and well worth the money.

Andy

avdh
September 9th, 2003, 08:46
Great write up, thanks.

Mr. Owner must a hell of a nice guy. I don't let anybody drive my S6, even less so an RS6:p

ZCD2.7T
September 9th, 2003, 12:57
Originally posted by avdh
Great write up, thanks.

Mr. Owner must a hell of a nice guy. I don't let anybody drive my S6, even less so an RS6:p

"Mr. Owner" is indeed a hell of a nice guy. I didn't know him from Adam, but, not being shy, and knowing he was in my area, I congratulated him on his purchase when he hinted about it, and then asked how I might bribe him for a test-RIDE! (I wouldn't have asked him to DRIVE it, mind you, but he offered, and I couldn't very well disappoint him, now could I?;)

So, he took time out of his day to meet me about halfway between his house and mine, and even let me bring along my 2-year old daughter, when it turned out that I would be responsible for her that day. Mr. Owner has kids of his own, and has 2 Recaro child seats in the back seat, one of which served perfectly to hold little Gabrielle in place as we blitzed the on- and off-ramps! (I guess it's better to have SOME Recaros in the car, even if they're not for the front-seat passengers! :rolleyes: )

Calling Mr. Owner gracious and accommodating would be quite an understatement, but I guess perhaps it's part of being an Audi-enthusiast!

Now I just have to find a way to deal with my feelings of lust towards the RS 6, since they've been intensified by having driven it! :roll:

Andre - Thanks to you also for your various posts here and on AW - it's been a pleasure reading about your adventures with your Audis. I know you'll have BIG FUN with your RS when it arrives. :cheers:

peterb
September 9th, 2003, 20:10
Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
Now I just have to find a way to deal with my feelings of lust towards the RS 6, since they've been intensified by having driven it!
That's easy. Just do what I did - I exchanged my 2.7T (plus a little bit of cash!) for the RS6. I don't regret it!

ZCD2.7T
September 9th, 2003, 20:50
Originally posted by peterb
That's easy. Just do what I did - I exchanged my 2.7T (plus a little bit of cash!) for the RS6. I don't regret it!

Great idea! - care to loan me that "little bit of cash"? ;)

Oh, would that I could buy one, but alas, it's not in the cards for me, not now, at least.....:vsad:

peterb
September 10th, 2003, 10:12
Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
Great idea! - care to loan me that "little bit of cash"? ;)

Oh, would that I could buy one, but alas, it's not in the cards for me, not now, at least.....:vsad:
Sorry! Yes, I realise that those of us who have been able to afford an RS6 are, indeed, very fortunate.

Having said that, the 2.7T is not a bad car and, had it not been for the RS6, I would still have been happy keep mine.