PDA

View Full Version : Eurocharged Proformance Welcome with a RS6 ECU Tune ***GROUP BUY***

Eurocharged
February 18th, 2010, 22:29
First off i would like to thank Erik B. for letting us be apart of his forum. :bow:

To start I would like to tell you guys a little about ourselves.

For those of you who don't know much about us we are a performance, service, and tuning shop located in Plainfield, IL.

We specialize in Mercedes, BMW, and AUDI along with pretty much all Euro and Import vehicles.We plan on bringing you some of the top performing software and performance parts available on the market and some that are Eurocharged exclusive .

You can check us out here www.eurocharged.com (http://www.eurocharged.com/)

What we are doing / how did we get here?

Eurocharged Performance acquired the inventory / rights to most LET Motorsports products. LET had made the decision to focus on software, leaving the crucial hardware development to Eurocharged. LET Motorsports and Eurocharged share the same building, ideas, goals, and we spend a huge amount of time co-developing products to benefit the consumer. LET Motorsports is our dedicated in-house tuner. Together, we have the ability to tune most European vehicles and provide high quality, affordable aftermarket parts to complement one another.

We bring a lot of knowledge and know how to the Mercedes, BMW, and AUDI communities. We offer a wide variety of parts that are currently in production along with parts that are ready to go and tunes with extensive testing on the dyno, street, and track that outperform the competitor.

Since we gotten that done now lets get to our ***GROUP BUY***

This GROUP BUY will only last till February 27 2010

Our group buy is for the Audi RS6, It is the stage 1 tune.
The Eurocharged Stage 1 ECU tune for the Audi RS6 is a must have addition to the vehicle.:jlol:
Under the curve you will notice 70rwtrq and 60rwhp. The midrange power was increased tremendously.

See below dyno graphs and videos for both RS6's we tuned on the same day, same dyno.

http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy137/Eurocharged/RS6_small.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGs7fbTlX7w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIOH_mSsiMo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O27VTizGxHY

Price: $ 499.00

terrytcl
February 18th, 2010, 22:32
is this the software that Dave (DHall) was talking about?

Eurocharged
February 18th, 2010, 22:48
is this the software that Dave (DHall) was talking about?

Yes it is

terrytcl
February 18th, 2010, 23:03
You're local, do you need our car there to perform the upgrade?

what if our vehicle already has an software upgrade (revo)?

Eurocharged
February 18th, 2010, 23:32
You're local, do you need our car there to perform the upgrade?

what if our vehicle already has an software upgrade (revo)?

No we do not need the car here you are more then welcome to send us the ECU and we could bench flash it for you and send it back. We also offer a 7 day garranty so if your not happy we would return you car back to its original state and refund your money. i am very sure you would be happy with our software tune.

p3u
February 19th, 2010, 00:41
What about custom tuning for us high altitude folks (6k ft).

DHall1
February 19th, 2010, 01:03
Go ahead boys. Make my day.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/smokin_aces_wideweb__470x3110.jpg?t=1266540820

Now we are talking. $499 holy cow! I had hopes Jerry would really come in and knock yer socks of but that is smokin. I was keeping quiet while the request was working thru the channels. Now with Erik's blessing we can really get this going.

Dyno graphs dont lie. Live time vids on the rollers dont lie. Butt dyno from 3 long time RS6 forum members dont lie. This is the real deal and Jerry is excellent to work with.

Some notes here....if you want to shut down the primary O2s and gut your primary cats....Jerry can do that.

The midrange power delivery is just plain nuts. You can see it in the dyno graphs....hear it in the vids and feel it driving the car. wow

vangelis
February 19th, 2010, 08:14
No we do not need the car here you are more then welcome to send us the ECU and we could bench flash it for you and send it back. We also offer a 7 day garranty so if your not happy we would return you car back to its original state and refund your money. i am very sure you would be happy with our software tune.

Is that price includes TCU flash as well? I've ABT ECU and wondering if decided to go back to original state, that means stock or my ABT remap??

DonS
February 19th, 2010, 14:34
Details please! Is this a permanet flash or can it be disabled for trips to the dealer? Is there an upcharge for the O2 shut-down?

BenA
February 19th, 2010, 20:59
Ok, I'm going to move my question from "Dyno Run" to here as it seems appropriate. FIRST of all, WELCOME to the forum Eurocharged and thanks very much for your generous group buy offer. I'm doubting that it gets much better than this. Now...

Maybe it's too early, but can anyone help actually put some more data to this story? Here's what we have so far...

OEM: Torque = 413lbs HP = 450
MTM Stage 1: Torque = 509 lbs HP = 500
MTM Stage 2: Torque = 540 HP = 545 (Requires bosch pump and regulator... about $300 plus install for parts)
Eurocharged: Torque = 518? 465? HP = 465? 521? "500-525"? (Requires no other parts/mods?)

I know that your tune vs. stock is a no-brainer - what an awesome deal!! The bigger question is whether I should reflash OVER an existing tune or not. I was thinking of upgrading from MTM1 to MTM2, but that's easily $1k. Depending on where data shakes out (and whether other mods are required or not), your tune looks like it might be the way to go instead... but I'd hate to go down a path where I "downgrade" power by going from MTM1 to the Eurocharged... and right now it's a little hard to tell. If the 3 members that have this are lucky enough to be able to compare (either because they had MTM before or have a MTM friend), that would help too.

ben916
February 19th, 2010, 21:22
Damn it!!!

I just bought the EBC Reds.... but then again I think being able to stop and not squeak is more important, at the moment, than the tune.
It is VERY tempting!!!!!

Does anyone one have a spare room that I can have when I get kicked to the curb for spending too much on the BEAST????

DHall1
February 19th, 2010, 21:32
Ben,

You raise a difficult question and one very few of us could really answer.

The MTM claims are one thing....the dyno graphs of 6yr old cars after a Eurocharged reflash are another.

Your getting real time wheel hp from a 40k and 80k RS6 and then another run with the Euro reflash. Gains are visible and performance proven.

Too many variables to determine if its worth going from MTM to Euro. Honestly, if I had the MTM stage 1 and I was happy with it.....I would not change a thing.

Ok, I'm going to move my question from "Dyno Run" to here as it seems appropriate. FIRST of all, WELCOME to the forum Eurocharged and thanks very much for your generous group buy offer. I'm doubting that it gets much better than this. Now...

Maybe it's too early, but can anyone help actually put some more data to this story? Here's what we have so far...

MTM Stage 2: Torque = 540 HP = 545 (Requires bosch pump and regulator... about $300 plus install for parts)
Eurocharged: Torque = 518? 465? HP = 465? 521? "500-525"? (Requires no other parts/mods?)

I know that your tune vs. stock is a no-brainer - what an awesome deal!! The bigger question is whether I should reflash OVER an existing tune or not. I was thinking of upgrading from MTM1 to MTM2, but that's easily $1k. Depending on where data shakes out (and whether other mods are required or not), your tune looks like it might be the way to go instead... but I'd hate to go down a path where I "downgrade" power by going from MTM1 to the Eurocharged... and right now it's a little hard to tell. If the 3 members that have this are lucky enough to be able to compare (either because they had MTM before or have a MTM friend), that would help too.

DHall1
February 19th, 2010, 21:34
Poor Ben,

3 weeks with the new car and he is looking for a place to crash when he is kicked out. Get them brakes done and do the flash next year. I waited a year and a half.....you can too.

Damn it!!!

I just bought the EBC Reds.... but then again I think being able to stop and not squeak is more important, at the moment, than the tune.
It is VERY tempting!!!!!

Does anyone one have a spare room that I can have when I get kicked to the curb for spending too much on the BEAST????

Eurocharged
February 19th, 2010, 23:29
Details please! Is this a permanet flash or can it be disabled for trips to the dealer? Is there an upcharge for the O2 shut-down?

This flash is a permanent flash it can only be changed by relashing back to stock. We are in development mode for a handheld flasher for the Audi market so the end user can reflash the car at there own convience.

Thank you very much for the welcome, I would have to agree with Dhall1 it would almost not be worth it to change your tune at the moment, now if your looking to do some upgrades and want your car custom tuned then I say seek us for that. But for now if your happy with what you have and you have no issue then stick with MTM.

Eurocharged
February 19th, 2010, 23:31
Is that price includes TCU flash as well? I've ABT ECU and wondering if decided to go back to original state, that means stock or my ABT remap??

No ecu tuning available, but because of the torque management we have control over in the ecu the shift points do change a little and the car feels much more aggresive.

What about custom tuning for us high altitude folks (6k ft).

We can make custom tuned maps for those in high altitudes but our tunes are safe enough for anyone to run any situation. Just please use 91 or 93 octain.

MaxRS6
February 20th, 2010, 00:02
I think we have a typo (may I offer you T and crumpets). I trust the programmers are a little more careful with their keystrokes...j/k. Welcome aboard and thank you for providing another option for our cars!

No ecu tuning available, but because of the torque management we have control over in the ecu the shift points do change a little and the car feels much more aggresive.

GEN XER
February 20th, 2010, 01:32
Man a hand-held would be awesome. I hope you can get that done.

SAF
February 20th, 2010, 02:24
Man a hand-held would be awesome. I hope you can get that done.

I'm ready to test the beta.

DHall1
February 20th, 2010, 02:26
Willie...get the reflash. You will give up on that VR6. I promise.

You can always upgrade the handheld later.

p3u
February 20th, 2010, 03:13

We can make custom tuned maps for those in high altitudes but our tunes are safe enough for anyone to run any situation. Just please use 91 or 93 octain.

Good to know.

It's not the safety of the map, but the overall performance to be gained on a standard vs custom tune. Going from great standard ( sea level) tune to a custom one for high altitude made a huge difference for me on my stage 3 s4 a few years ago, so I'd assume the same to happen with the rs6.

Also, additional tuning for water/ meth injection?

What would be the best way to go about with this in mind? Thanks!

mmaturo
February 20th, 2010, 05:04
oh fantastic...just when i thought i was nearly safe from not sinking more money into my car...$500 and you are here in Chicago... f'me. Off warranty so don't care other than not wanting to blow up my transmission....hmmmmmmmm. Timing belt being done now...maybe this to improve my stoplight wars around town... I cannot tell my fiance about this or she will kill me if i do it...dammit. PS, if i do it i'm closer i can be your test dummy for the handheld reflash. Excellent and necessary to me after Revo on past cars.

DHall1
February 20th, 2010, 05:31
How did the timing belt job go?

You and this flash would be like playing with fire. You will go nuts and smoke everything in sight....dont do it!!!!! haha

oh fantastic...just when i thought i was nearly safe from not sinking more money into my car...$500 and you are here in Chicago... f'me. Off warranty so don't care other than not wanting to blow up my transmission....hmmmmmmmm. Timing belt being done now...maybe this to improve my stoplight wars around town... I cannot tell my fiance about this or she will kill me if i do it...dammit. PS, if i do it i'm closer i can be your test dummy for the handheld reflash. Excellent and necessary to me after Revo on past cars.

mmaturo
February 20th, 2010, 06:19
On a trip so will pick up the car when i get back...i really got a decent price on it all...the dealer had sent out a valentine's day special for 15% off labor for timing belts (i had already talked them into giving me 10% so this was an extra bonus). $817 in parts and $1200 labor and i have a loaner. My independent shop couldn't match it with OEM parts and he could not match the parts price to him so your post really paid off for me to have the web pricing. I'm happy considering their original quote was $600-$700 more. Not happy that the silly gaskets around the headlights are costing me $200 to have them replaced while they have the car apart as they keep coming out...expensive pieces of rubber.

So i should do the tune...who are the people that have already done it??

R1
February 20th, 2010, 06:31
This flash is a permanent flash it can only be changed by relashing back to stock. We are in development mode for a handheld flasher for the Audi market so the end user can reflash the car at there own convenience.

Thank you very much for the welcome, I would have to agree with Dhall1 it would almost not be worth it to change your tune at the moment, now if your looking to do some upgrades and want your car custom tuned then I say seek us for that. But for now if your happy with what you have and you have no issue then stick with MTM.

Any time frame when you can get that handheld flasher/reflasher completed?
thank you

DHall1
February 20th, 2010, 07:26
So the waterpump went in without issue. good news

You got the score for discounts. Nice job.

3 of us have the flash. 9114dr, saf and myself. Check out the dyno thread.

On a trip so will pick up the car when i get back...i really got a decent price on it all...the dealer had sent out a valentine's day special for 15% off labor for timing belts (i had already talked them into giving me 10% so this was an extra bonus). $817 in parts and $1200 labor and i have a loaner. My independent shop couldn't match it with OEM parts and he could not match the parts price to him so your post really paid off for me to have the web pricing. I'm happy considering their original quote was $600-$700 more. Not happy that the silly gaskets around the headlights are costing me $200 to have them replaced while they have the car apart as they keep coming out...expensive pieces of rubber.

So i should do the tune...who are the people that have already done it??

ttrs6
February 20th, 2010, 15:12
On the stage one what is the boost set at and do you offer a stage two if so what is the gains and boost set at?

RS6VA
February 21st, 2010, 23:59
I was planning to go with Utronic's, any opinions on one versus the other? Also, what if I add other upgrades down the road: i.e. exhaust, downpipes, etc. How do you modify ECU for these changes if you dont have the car. Thank you.

RS6-4dr911
February 22nd, 2010, 12:11
On the stage one what is the boost set at and do you offer a stage two if so what is the gains and boost set at?

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20340-Dyno-Run

post 16

Eurocharged
February 22nd, 2010, 16:53
Monday Morning BUMP

Eurocharged
February 23rd, 2010, 16:52
Good morning all you RS6 owners, how many of you would like to get one of our awesome RS6 tunes on your car today. there is already 3 people that have our tune on their cars, and they said it brings the car back to life. You'll have all that power that you wanted the car to have

RGSRS6
February 23rd, 2010, 17:13
Good morning all you RS6 owners, how many of you would like to get one of our awesome RS6 tunes on your car today. there is already 3 people that have our tune on their cars, and they said it brings the car back to life. You'll have all that power that you wanted the car to have

I am new to this site and my first AUDI was a RS6 and Ive been doing some research and for the buck your ECU tuning is EVERY BIT WORTH IT. But, what TCU tuning (from what tuner) do you recommend using to match well with your ECU tune? Thanks For Your Help.

DHall1
February 23rd, 2010, 17:33
My transmission shift points work just fine with this remap. Not one shift point error during the relearn process. Non issue for me.

mmaturo
February 23rd, 2010, 18:26
I am more worried about the extra torque and the trans rather than shift points. Isn't the TCU tune really to just speed up shifts to take the extra strain off the torque converter rather than changing shift points?

I'm tempted to give a call anyway as i would like to check it out. I assume these guys are open on Saturday as there may be a drive ahead of me.

DHall1
February 23rd, 2010, 19:43
On second thought that is a good point. The power delivery during first and second gear is much improved and thus the torque on 1-2 upshift is also increased.

It may not be a bad idea to get the MTM trans tune.

I am more worried about the extra torque and the trans rather than shift points. Isn't the TCU tune really to just speed up shifts to take the extra strain off the torque converter rather than changing shift points?

I'm tempted to give a call anyway as i would like to check it out. I assume these guys are open on Saturday as there may be a drive ahead of me.

Eurocharged
February 23rd, 2010, 20:35

We are open on Saturday from 10am - 3pm and on Monday - Friday 10am - 7pm
the shop's phone number is (630) 496-8660

address is 12033 Clow Creek Drive, Suite 1 Plainfeild, IL 60585

your more than welcome to stop by anytime you want.

Eurocharged
February 24th, 2010, 17:09
Wednesday BUMP BUMP BUMP:revs::revs::revs:

Eurocharged
February 24th, 2010, 18:50
Wednesday BUMP BUMP BUMP:revs::revs::revs:

I would like to remind all of you that there is only a few days left on this sale ( 3 day's). so get it while you can, It's a great saving.

Eurocharged
February 25th, 2010, 16:57
ONLY 2 days left to get on this group buy

i know you guy's want more potential out of your RS6's, why not let us bring it out of the car

Get your RS6 tune before the group buy ends

AUDI5000CSTQ
February 26th, 2010, 04:26
Tried mult times to phone you, both sales and tech. No answer.
will try on Friday.

AUDI5000CSTQ
February 26th, 2010, 04:33
I was calling to get answers. What will you set the ECU to for California? Tried the Revo 5 hour flash at Boost 6, Fuel 9, timing 3. Got a little knocking, added acitone to take care of.
But really should have maybe gone with boost at 5. Do we keep sending it back to you to fine tune the settings? Thanks

SAF
February 26th, 2010, 04:36
Let me know if you still can't reach Jerry, I will give you his cell.

mmaturo
February 26th, 2010, 16:29
So someone convince me this is a good idea and reasonably safe with only three RS6s completed from what it seems (plus a few more maybe not on the forums) and not on the road yet for an extended period of time?? I guess maybe I think the tuning is more complicated than it really actually is (???) but it makes me nervous thinking of this over Revo, APR, GIAC, MTM or others that are more costly that have been doing the tuning for much longer on a wide range of Audi's in large quantities.

My tranny is starting to shift weird (long) already so lord knows what this could do. Really need to read about TCU removal and send it off to Hoppen.

RGSRS6
February 26th, 2010, 16:35
All you California GUYS listen up! I spoke with greg about a dyno tune day here in California , so if you know someone just shoot me a message the more people the better. We are talking CUSTOM TUNE not your everyday tune. And it will still be cheaper than MTM and you dont have to take anything out.

RGSRS6
February 26th, 2010, 16:36
I mean GREG at EUROCHARGED.

SAF
February 26th, 2010, 16:40
These are mostly questions of "should I or shouldn't I?" that only you can decide in the end. I am very pleased with the power and performance with my car, and for the money it can't be beat. If you want and can spend 2x or 3x more for a program flash from one of those tuners that have been holding us hostage all these years, just for peace of mind, then that is what you should do. If you are leary because of your tranny, again that is something only you can make the call on.

From my experience with Jerry and Eurocharged, if you are unhappy with this tune I'm sure they have no problem flashing you back to stock within a reasonable period of testing (he's be the one to confirm this) and give you a refund. Their communication and availability throughout the process of flashing and testing mine has been outstanding.

So someone convince me this is a good idea and reasonably safe with only three RS6s completed from what it seems (plus a few more maybe not on the forums) and not on the road yet for an extended period of time?? I guess maybe I think the tuning is more complicated than it really actually is (???) but it makes me nervous thinking of this over Revo, APR, GIAC, MTM or others that are more costly that have been doing the tuning for much longer on a wide range of Audi's in large quantities.

My tranny is starting to shift weird (long) already so lord knows what this could do. Really need to read about TCU removal and send it off to Hoppen.

DHall1
February 26th, 2010, 16:42
Mark,

Tuning is actually very basic after you have the software/hardware package to crack the stock ecu. Have you ever wondered why some of those "big tuners" often charge 3 to 4 times the price of a "normal" 2.7tt or 2.0t reflash for the RS6? Its the same hardware/software package and same tables that get changed? Its because "they" think the RS6 folks can pay the extra. IMHO

I think the data with realtime dyno runs that produced repeated results on several RS6 vehicles is more than what we can say for other providers. Example GIAC and some of their poor results for 4 times the price if not more.

That said, we have weird transmissions already but you do have Tozo in your area and worst case can have him build you a proper unit.

Get the TCU and ECU done at the same time....send TCU to Hoppen and let Euro do the ECU. My opinion and its only worth the paper its printed on.

RGSRS6
February 26th, 2010, 16:51
DHALL1,

If you do both ECU andTCU upgrades is it worth it to still send the tranny to TOZO? And I live in California where is one and how much does it cost?

DHall1
February 26th, 2010, 17:11
If I were you....my opinion.

Send ECU to Eurocharged and get the 91oct map.
At the same time send your TCU to Hoppen MTM dealer and have the TCU chip installed.

Car is down for 1 week and both computers are taken care of.

There is no need for Tozo's modifications if your not having transmission problems.

Again just voicing my opinion. Dont shoot the messinger. Take it with proper medication.

Oh and order some BND Aces IV fuel conditioner. Your CA gas sucks.

DHALL1,

If you do both ECU andTCU upgrades is it worth it to still send the tranny to TOZO? And I live in California where is one and how much does it cost?

mmaturo
February 26th, 2010, 20:12
Mark,

Tuning is actually very basic after you have the software/hardware package to crack the stock ecu. Have you ever wondered why some of those "big tuners" often charge 3 to 4 times the price of a "normal" 2.7tt or 2.0t reflash for the RS6? Its the same hardware/software package and same tables that get changed? Its because "they" think the RS6 folks can pay the extra. IMHO

I think the data with realtime dyno runs that produced repeated results on several RS6 vehicles is more than what we can say for other providers. Example GIAC and some of their poor results for 4 times the price if not more.

That said, we have weird transmissions already but you do have Tozo in your area and worst case can have him build you a proper unit.

Get the TCU and ECU done at the same time....send TCU to Hoppen and let Euro do the ECU. My opinion and its only worth the paper its printed on.

Convincing. I know the costs from the normal players are a joke just because they think we have deeper pockets as i was very offended RS6 programming was 3 times the amount for my TT. BS. I wish i had a spare TCU all of a sudden as my car i kinda need everyday. Now should i keep sinking money into this damn thing, that's my real decision. I need rotors and other things so timing of this offer sucks.

RS6-4dr911
February 27th, 2010, 04:57
Skip the rotors - if you go fast enough nothing can hit you.

Seriously, overall, I've been pleased as well. I did have an issue, they responded immediately, thoroughly, and so far, effectively. Granted, I'm in Jerry's home town where he happened to be, but you're in Chicago so same thing. The issue has now been fixed in the software so all future flashes should be free of the glitch. I also like that, according to Jerry, he backs the boost off at the upper end to keep the turbo's in their efficiency range, at the expense of peak power but for the longevity of the turbos. In my opinion, for most of us, we're really after a driving experience in these cars, not 1/4 mi times, not lowest lap times on some track. For me, a neck straining mid-range is just the ticket.

The car is just so fun to drive now (like I hated it before). The mid-range torque is much smoother than stock and it is just point and shoot driving. Haven't found a spot in freeway traffic yet I couldn't put it in. Holes barely big enough for the car to fit through lengthwise are no problem, I'm through and out of harm's way before they can even think about honking at me.

It is without doubt better than the standard Revo tune - better mid-range, better everything. It is not quite as hard hitting as a fully custom tune I had from VAST but it is much more driveable (the VAST tune literally seemed like it was running away with itself at part throtle) and VAST, after several noble attempts, failed to fix the dreaded "check sum error" that put it in limp mode. I've heard this is (was?) occasionally a problem with APR as well which was VAST's base code.

Like Scott said, only you can decide on the risk v. reward, downtime etc. For me (knock wood) it's been a good gamble.

mmaturo
February 27th, 2010, 05:08
Thanks for the input. Bad timing as i'm saving money for my wedding but if i had a rain check for after June that would probably do it...lets see...better honeymoon or faster RS6. I know the answer but that will just get me killed.

DHall1
February 27th, 2010, 05:39
Mark,

You know you want to flash that beast

http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9395&d=1266638130

mmaturo
February 27th, 2010, 05:46
lol, now that is playing dirty....I like it. Where do i get that roof mod.

I was really leaving a hint with the raincheck comment. I need to wait a few months but i'm ready to do a few upgrades in the engine dept finally.

DHall1
February 27th, 2010, 05:54
+1 to what he says and the fact that boost levels at redline are tapered is really a big deal. Big reason for going this direction.

Guys, I also sent my TCU to Hoppen today. I will give a report next week. Jena Hoppen was on top of everything and response has been very good. Nice to see.

Skip the rotors - if you go fast enough nothing can hit you.

Seriously, overall, I've been pleased as well. I did have an issue, they responded immediately, thoroughly, and so far, effectively. Granted, I'm in Jerry's home town where he happened to be, but you're in Chicago so same thing. The issue has now been fixed in the software so all future flashes should be free of the glitch. I also like that, according to Jerry, he backs the boost off at the upper end to keep the turbo's in their efficiency range, at the expense of peak power but for the longevity of the turbos. In my opinion, for most of us, we're really after a driving experience in these cars, not 1/4 mi times, not lowest lap times on some track. For me, a neck straining mid-range is just the ticket.

The car is just so fun to drive now (like I hated it before). The mid-range torque is much smoother than stock and it is just point and shoot driving. Haven't found a spot in freeway traffic yet I couldn't put it in. Holes barely big enough for the car to fit through lengthwise are no problem, I'm through and out of harm's way before they can even think about honking at me.

It is without doubt better than the standard Revo tune - better mid-range, better everything. It is not quite as hard hitting as a fully custom tune I had from VAST but it is much more driveable (the VAST tune literally seemed like it was running away with itself at part throtle) and VAST, after several noble attempts, failed to fix the dreaded "check sum error" that put it in limp mode. I've heard this is (was?) occasionally a problem with APR as well which was VAST's base code.

Like Scott said, only you can decide on the risk v. reward, downtime etc. For me (knock wood) it's been a good gamble.

ben916
February 27th, 2010, 05:55
Mark,

You know you want to flash that beast

http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9395&d=1266638130

THAT is the flash I want....!!!!

DHall1
February 27th, 2010, 05:57
It will cost you alot more than 499 dollars.

ben916
February 27th, 2010, 06:00
It will cost you alot more than 499 dollars.

an AMG C63?

RS6VA
February 27th, 2010, 14:53
Monday Morning BUMP

"I was planning to go with Utronic's, any opinions on one versus the other? Also, what if I add other upgrades down the road: i.e. exhaust, downpipes, etc. How do you modify ECU for these changes if you dont have the car. Thank you. "

Would you please answer my questions from the other day? Thank you.

DHall1
February 27th, 2010, 15:25
My .02c on this

There is really very little you need to change to the tune with basic bolt on mods. ie exhaust, k/n air filters, ect. If you think about it....the car already has the equipment and design to deliver nearly 500hp and the factory exhaust is more than flowing enough to deliver that hp safely.

Its not like we have a 200hp WRX and plan to stick a GT28 with fuel system and bump the hp to 550. Lots a tuning involved there.

Now, if you do plan to gut the downpipes or eliminate the first cats....let them know and they will eliminate the CEL from the first set of 02s.

"I was planning to go with Utronic's, any opinions on one versus the other? Also, what if I add other upgrades down the road: i.e. exhaust, downpipes, etc. How do you modify ECU for these changes if you dont have the car. Thank you. "

Would you please answer my questions from the other day? Thank you.

RS6VA
February 27th, 2010, 16:31
Thanks for your reply; I went through this with my 911, I added headers, exhaust, intake but none of the upgrades worked well until the ECU was tuned. In fact they did the incremtnal upgrades, then tune then dyno runs. Without the tune the upgrades did little to nothing to account for additional airflow and reduced back pressure. I figured it would the same for most cars.

DHall1
February 27th, 2010, 16:41
Big difference.

Did your 911 have a turbo?

IMHO the difference between before and after the Eurocharged tune is so dramatic that unless you want a 600hp monster you will not need anything else. Look at those dyno graphs. 55hp extra to all 4 wheels at 3500rpm. That there is some major hp.

Any more and you will be rebuilding the trans every 30k.

Thanks for your reply; I went through this with my 911, I added headers, exhaust, intake but none of the upgrades worked well until the ECU was tuned. In fact they did the incremtnal upgrades, then tune then dyno runs. Without the tune the upgrades did little to nothing to account for additional airflow and reduced back pressure. I figured it would the same for most cars.

RS6VA
February 27th, 2010, 16:44
No
Big difference.

Did you 911 have a turbo?

No, it was a 996 normally aspirated. I got roughly 35hp, ~25 lb ft torq. this was back in 99' when the car was relatively new on the market. Fabspeed did all of the tuning and upgrades.

DHall1
February 27th, 2010, 16:48
That would be the major difference.

The n/a tuning is very limited and any minor change to air metering in or out makes a huge difference in tuning.

Turbo engines or twin turbo engines are totally a different beast.

Corky Bell....Maximum Boost is always a good read to understand the dynamics of the turbocharged platform.

Get the Eurocharge. .02c

No

No, it was a 996 normally aspirated. I got roughly 35hp, ~25 lb ft torq. this was back in 99' when the car was relatively new on the market. Fabspeed did all of the tuning and upgrades.

RS6VA
February 27th, 2010, 16:50
i will call this themin a few, i think today is the last day for the gb. Thanks for the info.

DHall1
February 27th, 2010, 16:52
They fully guarantee the results. You will be smilin when you literally smoke your buddies R8 this time.

Send your TCU over to Hoppen at the same time.

RS6VA
February 27th, 2010, 16:54
just tried calling them, one number doesnt work and the other just gives you VM. I will just send an email and yes i am also doing the TCU based on what i have read. If only VMR would build the wheels i want...

DHall1
February 27th, 2010, 17:35
Jerry@eurocharged.com

Eurocharged
February 27th, 2010, 17:45
just tried calling them, one number doesnt work and the other just gives you VM. I will just send an email and yes i am also doing the TCU based on what i have read. If only VMR would build the wheels i want...

Our Hours are: Mon: 10am – 7pm Tue: 10am – 7pm Wed: 10am – 7pm Thu: 10am – 7pm Fri: 10am – 7pm Sat: Closed Sun: Closed

The Voicemail System will dump you to VM during non business hours.

I'm one of the owners and my personal cell phone is (312)446-6326

Jerry

SAF
February 27th, 2010, 19:07
I sure hope some other folks take advantage of this offer, but honestly, the standard price isn't outragous.

Like Bob said above, I had my car flashed back to stock for a couple of days last week while they tweeked the code, and it was almost depressing driving the old stock beast. It's like a different machine with this tune. I'm addicted!

Born2be
February 27th, 2010, 19:28
I may have missed it and may be misunderstanding something, but is anyone concerned about this flash voiding their respective warranties? Thanks.

W>

DHall1
February 27th, 2010, 19:46
It is a software flash only. No hardware chip is installed.

If there is some major service needed at some point in the future. Then you could always have the stock map reflashed if needed.

I dont plan to have any major service but I know what to do if pressed.

I may have missed it and may be misunderstanding something, but is anyone concerned about this flash voiding their respective warranties? Thanks.

W>

RS6VA
February 27th, 2010, 23:14
Jerry@eurocharged.com

All is good - eurocharged is actually going to be in my hood next saturday so i get to do this live!!! Cant wait.

RS6VA
February 27th, 2010, 23:17
Our Hours are: Mon: 10am – 7pm Tue: 10am – 7pm Wed: 10am – 7pm Thu: 10am – 7pm Fri: 10am – 7pm Sat: Closed Sun: Closed

The Voicemail System will dump you to VM during non business hours.

I'm one of the owners and my personal cell phone is (312)446-6326

Jerry

Jerry,

try calling in at the main number, the first one listed on the website, hit 1 for sales - there is an issue. BTW, i wouldnt have my personal cell on here - never know who will pick it up.