PDA

View Full Version : What are the top companies to work on /upgrade the rs6 Torque Conveter/Valve Body?

Amulet-S6
February 18th, 2010, 14:22
Ideal scenerio is to express freight my Torq Converter and Valve body, have it rebuilt better-than-new in 2-3 days, then express freighted back to me to minimize downtime. Who can provide this level of service? Time is a higher priority than expense (within reason.)

I know of IPT, but don't really want to deal with the "Ty issue." Any others I should consider?

I'm located in Kansas City, so centally located in the US.

Thanks, Jim
" Jim the Dentist "

JRS-RS6
February 18th, 2010, 14:57
http://www.levelten.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=30&Redirected=Y

DHall1
February 18th, 2010, 15:45
Level10 has gone thru some changes and the product quality has dropped.

What do companies like IPT, L10 and Tozo do anyways? Send the TC off for rebuild. So that takes time.

I would say another option is to order the new updated TC from Audi and then just send the valvebody over to Tozo or IPT and let them modify to increase pressure.

We can get pretty good prices for a new TC thru genuinevwaudiparts.com

.02c

eurotunedrs6
February 19th, 2010, 02:01
That's interesting, on other cars Ive always heard good things about L10. Will the new TC alone fix the transmission issue since the TC is the real weak link?

650RS
February 19th, 2010, 02:02
ACE Converters rebuilds them to standard stall and STR that are more efficent, tighter and stronger due to the improved material on the clutches.

p3u
February 19th, 2010, 02:31
Tozo can have the TC built to a higher stall speed if you like.

V8weight
February 19th, 2010, 02:50
Tozo can have the TC built to a higher stall speed if you like.
Just my personal opinion, but I don't think this is a good plan, at least not without tons of additional transmission cooling. Higher stall speeds lead to increased transmission fluid temps, and I think you know the rest.

p3u
February 19th, 2010, 04:17
I'm just saying, I didn't change my stall speed ;)