PDA

View Full Version : What happened!??

Myrtlebeach
February 18th, 2010, 12:35
Seems somthing happened to the look of RS6.com! Miss the old look and the easy use....

dstr
February 18th, 2010, 12:45
We are upgrading to Vbulletin 4.

Please let us know if you miss a feature or if something just aint working as it should.

roadrunner
February 18th, 2010, 12:58
1st observations:

Smilies not always showing

Very wide formatting: look at the original post here -> wasting space

dstr
February 18th, 2010, 13:07
:race::hihi::jlol::hahahehe:

smilies are back

dstr
February 18th, 2010, 13:10
I have a little helper that steals all my time, but I'll try to get things fixed asap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPq1CQtzyBY

...and yes, you can embed video now. :)

Erik
February 18th, 2010, 13:24
Yes, we're working to "RS6.com" this site to make you more familiar, but please have some patience.

Please report any strange issues so that I and dstr can fix them.

Myrtlebeach
February 18th, 2010, 13:39
For one you'll have to log into the site to read posts....

dstr
February 18th, 2010, 13:43
For one you'll have to log into the site to read posts....

Thanks. Seems only to be affecting the front page and articles. Not the forum.

JavierNuvolari
February 18th, 2010, 14:06
Hahahaha. yeah, what happened. Looks badass guys, it really does.

AudiRS4ever
February 18th, 2010, 14:07
Well, I like the new setup. Seems to modernize the forum. Kind of like comparing a C5 RS6 to a C6 RS6. :jlol: Anyway, I got a strange response when I logged in for the first time that I emailed you about Erik, but obviously everything is working fine. I love the Home page. I already watched the RS5 video clip. Good find. Thanks!

bfly
February 18th, 2010, 14:20
Miss the old look and the easy use....

2nd. The pastels make it hard to scan through the topics.

Daniel
February 18th, 2010, 14:23
great job !

after a settling in period, all will be good

Myrtlebeach
February 18th, 2010, 14:37
Hmm, keeps getting better and better everytime I log in now, great. Miss the RS6.com logo tho...

Erik
February 18th, 2010, 14:40
Hmm, keeps getting better and better everytime I log in now, great. Miss the RS6.com logo tho...

I don't like change either...BUT, it took me no time to get used to this.
And this is not the final result, we're working on it...

We still have the old logo saved, just made the current one in a few minutes to see how it looks. (no, I'm not a designer...)

SAFE4NOW
February 18th, 2010, 15:00
Did you add the adverts or is that part of the new VB v4 package?

Or did I miss that there were always Adverts?

Steve

RXBG
February 18th, 2010, 15:01
even when i click on "remember me"

JRS-RS6
February 18th, 2010, 15:05
Can I have cookie?

Ditto if I close all open browsers and than go to RS6.com I need to log back in even if I had "remember me" checked.

dstr
February 18th, 2010, 15:07
Did you add the adverts or is that part of the new VB v4 package?

Or did I miss that there were always Adverts?

Steve

There has always been ads at the bottom of each forum-page.

We are now displaying ads on the top for not logged in users.

Smoky4Ever
February 18th, 2010, 16:05
I thought I logged into the wrong forum!!! I love it though great change, easier on the eyes for sure.

SAF
February 18th, 2010, 17:12
Nice. Like the code improvements.

BUT we lost the newly added single click "Forum Jump" at the bottom of thread pages. Now you need to click it and navigate (waste of time).

It should be set to default to the forum you are in with the Go button where the Top button currently is (there is still another Top button to use at very bottom of page)

SAF
February 18th, 2010, 17:17
I don't see a change on the forum display distinguishing a read thread from an unread thread. They are all the same aweful color.

Any plans to allow signatures?

Erik
February 18th, 2010, 18:02
Problems noted. Unfortunately most of the old settings don't follow when upgrading, so we have to manually correct them.
Therefore please keep us updated of any problems.

Looks like the Avatars aren't working either.

dstr
February 18th, 2010, 18:38
Nice. Like the code improvements.

BUT we lost the newly added single click "Forum Jump" at the bottom of thread pages. Now you need to click it and navigate (waste of time).

It should be set to default to the forum you are in with the Go button where the Top button currently is (there is still another Top button to use at very bottom of page)

Next to that top-button at the bottom of the page you should find "Quick Navigation".

Erik
February 18th, 2010, 19:03
My signature works. :)

RXBG
February 18th, 2010, 20:55
cant read comments to vids on front page.

Erik
February 18th, 2010, 21:26
cant read comments to vids on front page.

But you were able to comment?

Not all videos have the possibility to be commented, it's up to the author of the article (admin/myself) to set comments on/off.

At the moment only 2 videos have the comment function on. (=The R8 drifting and The finnish Audi club on ice and snow.)

Zyklon5
February 18th, 2010, 21:51
Congrats for the upgrade !

First impression: the forum homepage is harder to follow with every forum section having a header.

R1
February 19th, 2010, 04:11
thank you erik, me likey ;)

GEN XER
February 19th, 2010, 05:04
Already use to it myself. I don't have any issues with the update. Great job Erik.

Trebor
February 19th, 2010, 05:06
Looks good, as with everything different, it will take a while to become comfortable, but I think it will great when kinks are worked out & it becomes familiar - Great job :applause:

Ruergard
February 19th, 2010, 17:18
I just commented on a article on the front page and I can't see it... Maybe I'm just blind? :D

Another thing... I can't get here on my Iphone since the update. :(

dstr
February 19th, 2010, 17:21
Congrats for the upgrade !

First impression: the forum homepage is harder to follow with every forum section having a header.

Of course.

Fixed.

roadrunner
February 19th, 2010, 17:56
Getting used to all the novelties ;)

For all the iPhone users: Eric & dstr - maybe you can look into this: http://www.tapatalk.com/

Tapatalk: apparently you only need a free extension on the forumside and we can get the Tapatalk app

Just an idea :hihi:

Thank you for the great work :cheers:

Zyklon5
February 19th, 2010, 18:37
Of course.

Fixed.

Lookin' good. :heart:

SAF
February 20th, 2010, 02:15
Next to that top-button at the bottom of the page you should find "Quick Navigation".

Thanks, but let me try to explain it better. That current arrangement is pretty much useless for "Quick Navigation" if you just want to return to the forum you were in. You souldn't have an active drop menu there unless you click a drop arrow. It should be set to whatever forum you're in as default, without having to do anything but click Go to take you back there. You'd still have the option to drop the menu to change to a different location by clicking the drop arrow.

This "quick jump" function used to default in this way, requiring just one click of the Go button, where your Top button is now.

This config was implemented just a week or two ago by someone in admin as a result of this request (http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20370-Forum-question-for-admin.). It was something like this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2787/4371899664_f7d7ed3cbe_b.jpg

itisme
February 20th, 2010, 09:43
very nice looking atm.... well done

Erik
February 20th, 2010, 16:31
I'm also having problems with comments that go missing one the main page.

Zyklon5
February 21st, 2010, 00:09
Also worth mentioning the favicon reverted to the vbulletin one.