PDA

View Full Version : PSS9 question (speed bumps)

STM
February 18th, 2010, 10:39
Hello,

Question for those who have PSS9 coilovers.
I've installed them recently.
Ride height a little bit lower than standart, bound/rebound setting - 7.
When I pass speed bump (30km/h for example) rear end feels like "jumpy" too much in very uncomfortable way. Like sharp and high but short movement. Even my stomack feels it :)
Feels like shot DRC but without bouncing.
Front axle - OK.

So...
Did you experience similar problems?

I'll definately try to make another settings this weekend, recommendations and opinions highly appreciated.

AudiRS4ever
February 18th, 2010, 13:59
I think when I had them on my M5 I had the fronts set to 8 and the rear to 7. I know they are different cars, but they are close in weight and close in size. Of course, that was making the rear stiffer than the front. You may want to check shock mounts. It sounds like something may not be installed right.

paul_23
February 18th, 2010, 18:17
Sounds like under damped. Mine doesn't do this. I think the PSS9 is not really usable with any settings above 5 to be honest as it is just not damped enough for the springs (should be called PSS5!). I have my rear on 3 and front on 2 and it rides firm but well controlled. Try lowering the setting to 5 and see how you go, then try incrementally down as a test.......

Check tyre pressures as well, and make sure alignment is spot on as just had mine 4 wheel re-aligned and it is like a different car going round corners than how it was....

STM
February 19th, 2010, 07:08
Thx,
I'll try to figure it out on weekend.
Glad to hear that this isn't common :)