PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade progression?

jefferdr
February 17th, 2010, 17:15
Recently bought a pristine 45k RS6, with timing belt just done, O2 sensors done, new BBS wheels, and DRC completed in 11/09. I plan to drive 5k per year and keep the car for 8-10 years. I am wondering the best upgrade path. Already replaced brake pads with ECB reds and was thinking of getting a flash next. What do you guys think? Sway bars, coil overs, milltek exhaust, flash, just save money for repairs, etc? Help me prioritize...

Thanks.

DHall1
February 17th, 2010, 17:25
Oh yeah you got that Colorado ebay car and you got the Fidelity...right?

I would say do the flash first then sway bars. We have good options on the flash department these days and the difference is amazing. Sway bars are nice but the power delivery puts a smile on your face at every stop light. Exhaust is a waste of money. Its sound....if you want sound cut the pipes off and save 5000 dollars. The stock RS6 exhaust is designed to flow 500hp. Good enough for me.

You have seen our threads on dyno results. I think you know who to call.

eurotunedrs6
February 17th, 2010, 18:51
Only thing Im hesitant about flashing is the warranty situation. Knowing how some claims can be, I dont want to supply them with any reason to deny me. I am very tempted to flash though since 520ish hp sounds good to me.

DHall1
February 17th, 2010, 19:10
We only go around once. I have to think that I baby my car most of the time and if Fidelity wants to screw me over a known problem and weakness in the Audi transmission they better get ready for a fight.

I mean stock Allroads are blowing torque converters at 50k miles.

The torque converter clutch damage has very little to do with a reflashed RS6. Think about when the TCC is engaged....at hwy speeds while cruising. NOT when your WOT on accel up thru the gears.

There is your answer and that would be my fight. Plain and simple.

BenA
February 17th, 2010, 20:12
You have seen our threads on dyno results. I think you know who to call.

Any more data/perspective on that Eurocharged tune vs. other options? I tried asking over on that Dyno Results thread but all I got was a picture of two snails.:vhmmm:

DHall1
February 17th, 2010, 20:22
What was the question? I mean the dyno thread was pretty straight forward. 3 cars....2 dyno graphs.....youtube vids.....3 owners very happy with results. Everyone needs to make their own decision from there. I just dont see a better choice for a good price. If you want features, switches different maps on a selector....ok but you are going to pay for it. I dont need those features but thats me.

Any more data/perspective on that Eurocharged tune vs. other options? I tried asking over on that Dyno Results thread but all I got was a picture of two snails.:vhmmm:

BenA
February 17th, 2010, 20:55
What was the question? I mean the dyno thread was pretty straight forward. 3 cars....2 dyno graphs.....youtube vids.....3 owners very happy with results. Everyone needs to make their own decision from there. I just dont see a better choice for a good price. If you want features, switches different maps on a selector....ok but you are going to pay for it. I dont need those features but thats me.

The question is over there... you're probably reading it and responding as I type this. Basically trying to condense the information and get your take on how you think your Eurocharged HP/torque compares to some of the other tunes. I'm with you... I don't need features or a selector... when I put my foot into it I want all the power and I'm ok with letting the valet have the same experience if they like. The price is right and the endorsements are there. I'm just really trying to decide between MTM Stage 2 and Eurocharged Stage 1, and can't translate the difference yet. thanks!!