PDA

View Full Version : Quibbles

GmbHouse
September 8th, 2003, 01:00
So, who has done a long night drive and is ready to put tape over the annoying green OnStar light? It sits right at my periphery and seems to stress my eyes a lot. Is it just me? Any ideas if it can be disconnected? Also, does anyone else get the feeling there are bocce balls clacking around behind the drivers seatback? After 1000 miles those are literally the only issues I have.

iconcls
September 8th, 2003, 01:06
The OnStar light has no impact on me.

BUT the "bocci ball" thumping was the very first comment my wife made on her maiden journey. I don't feel it as much lately, I think I'm just getting accustom to it? Good to know someone else had it though, I guess.

andyp
September 8th, 2003, 02:53
I concur with iconcls ... the OnStar light doesn't effect me but I did notice the "bocci ball" effect ... adjusting the lumber support can reduce the bocci ball feeling. I think I've got used to it or it went away, not sure which.

Bauer
September 8th, 2003, 05:23
"bocci ball" thumping????? Please help me out and the onstar does not bother me eihter.

I do not like the seat......they suck and I am trying to get the recars to the US. That is my only complaint. A 90K car and the seats in the new S4 are far superior??? I would of taken the sport seats instead of the fancy headliner if cost was the issue.

Bauer

03 RS6
01 S8
92 S4

fabianflach
September 8th, 2003, 18:41
Hi !

i had a big smile in my face as i read "Beaten by Lotus Elise:("
I have an Exige-R, wich is simular to an Elise. But, it goes from 0-100 km/h in 4.0 secs and up to 285 kmh and no GT3 or Ferrari 360 Modena has a slight chance!!! On a race track, a lot of cars just see the rear wing of it...

my car you can see at www.exige-r.com

Regards
Fabian

AvusRS6
September 8th, 2003, 19:00
I don't understand "bocci ball" effect. Are you talking about the seat when you accelerate it feels like something is hitting you in the back on and off constantly? I was about to take the car in cuz it was annoying at first and just got use to it.

iconcls
September 8th, 2003, 20:03
Yes AvusRS6, what you describe is what has been christened the "bacci ball" effect; although, I kind of likened it to a nice a bottle of pilsner thumping around in the seat back, a little freebie from the Inglostat boys

Bauer
September 8th, 2003, 22:15
so does the "bocci ball" thing make noise......because I have heard a "crack" noise under hard acceleration but felt nothing.
didnt know what it was and have heard it twice.

Bauer

iconcls
September 8th, 2003, 22:20
Originally posted by Bauer
so does the "bocci ball" thing make noise......because I have heard a "crack" noise under hard acceleration but felt nothing.

Bauer

Personally, I have never heard a noise with the "Bocci ball" back thump.

andyp
September 9th, 2003, 02:26
Originally posted by Bauer

Bauer

No noise ... the crack noise is usually from the passenger as their neck whips back :addict:

GmbHouse
September 9th, 2003, 04:16
The seatback is not actually connected to the side bolsters (just at the top and bottom) so it's possible to look behind the seatback into the inside of the seat. I can't see anything that would account for the "bocci ball" effect, but it is definitely there. No noise by the way.

MileHighRS6
September 9th, 2003, 04:22
Drove home last night for the first time, about 70 miles. On-Star light bothered me also. I'm looking for a way to dim it. Will get back with every one.

MileHighRS6

GmbHouse
September 9th, 2003, 04:48
I understand that the green light will glow red if OnStar doesn't work. I thought about having the dealer simply unplug the green feed (LED??). No light if working, red light if not.

eph94
September 9th, 2003, 06:45
I've been trying to find the Bocce Ball effect but I haven't had any success. The only thing I noticed is that the leather seats can get really squeaky sometimes. I certainly haven't felt anything thumping my back. Did you guys get the free massage chair option?

Finally cracked 1K miles tonight, now the fun begins.

RS6FEVR
September 9th, 2003, 16:38
:cheers: all

I like the moniker of "bocce ball" effect. Have also experienced it, not yet an annoyance, but mine does seem to have a sound associated with it. I'm still fiddling with the seat adjustments while driving to find that certain "worthy of memory storage" position and I notice that moving the seat-back to different positions has a causal effect for this phenomenon in my beast.
I do find the on star light pretty bright, but again, not so much of an annoyance to me.
1855 on her now and still having fun. Even in red, it's still stealthy. :D :D
:addict: FEVR :addict:

iconcls
September 9th, 2003, 17:21
Originally posted by JJV-MA
I've been trying to find the Bocce Ball effect but I haven't had any success.

Maybe some of us just have more refined posteriors (kinda "Princess pea" thing.):p

eph94
September 10th, 2003, 08:46
Originally posted by iconcls
Maybe some of us just have more refined posteriors (kinda "Princess pea" thing.):p

I guess my posterior must have had a recent "upgrade" as I felt the bocce balls for the first time tonight! They are a little old, aren't they? I almost want to rip open the seat to see what's causing it. If it happened more frequently, Audi could have marketed it as a passive massage chair.