PDA

View Full Version : Where is Uwe Gemballa?

Erik
February 16th, 2010, 11:48
Porschephiles and automotive enthusiasts the world over recognize the name Gemballa. The German tuning house has been responsible for some of the most extreme creations on four wheels and has been a well-respected brand for decades. Now reports indicate that Uwe Gemballa, founder and head of the namesake aftermarket tuner, has gone missing.

According to the reports, the 51-year-old Gemballa was on a trip to South Africa when he went missing. The suspected site of his disappearance is Johannesburg, long known as one of the most dangerous cities in the world due to the rampant violent crime rate in its downtown core. Investigators in Germany are reportedly in contact with law enforcement authorities in South Africa in an effort to recover Uwe, and for our part, we hope his safe return comes as quickly as his record-breaking supercars.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/2010/02/15/auto-tuner-uwe-gemballa-verschwunden/sportwagen-koenig-verschwunden-polizei-ermittelt-in-suedafrika.html

Benman
February 17th, 2010, 00:11
This is terrible news!

Ben:addict:

Erik
February 17th, 2010, 10:04
Oooppps!

http://jalopnik.com/5472919/gemballa-owner-not-missing-just-hiding-from-government

"Apparently, Uwe's disappearance has something to do with German officials showing up and sealing the Gemballa facility yesterday and impounding all the cars inside. Private owners with cars caught up by this must be able to show definitive proof of ownership if they hope to reclaim their property. No word yet on what the cause of all of this could be"

Qisha
February 17th, 2010, 11:06
...you might have heard about the famous "tax fraud CD"? :blush:

JRS-RS6
February 17th, 2010, 15:25

Which famous "tax fraud CD" -- the new one from Switzerland or the one from Liechtenstein two years ago?

Benman
February 17th, 2010, 20:30

Bummer...

"The Man" seems to always catch up sooner or later... :(

Ben:addict:

Erik
February 18th, 2010, 07:18
Which famous "tax fraud CD" -- the new one from Switzerland or the one from Liechtenstein two years ago?

Why not both? :lovl:

JRS-RS6
February 18th, 2010, 13:07
Why not both? :lovl:

Good point!

For the first one in Liechtenstein I was actually returning from Germany by car. On the radio I kept hearing Deutschland, Liechtenstein -- on and on. Since I can only count in German and maybe order a meal when looking at a menu, and enter and exit a highway using the signs. I didn't put it together until I got back. I wondered the whole ride -- What the hell has happened now?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
When I arrived my normally quite hotel was full of news media from Germany and literally one of the Journalists was screaming, "Someone has to pay!” The locals on the other hand wanted to catch the guy who stole and sold the data and put him in jail. It was quite a circus. The only person I can really remember who took a beating was the (former) head of Deutsch Post.
<o:p></o:p>
Anyway hopefully this poor (not so really) fellow is alive and safe somewhere.