PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels for my RS6

vangelis
February 14th, 2010, 08:18
Hi, i would like to know your comments on the options I have for a new wheels to my car. I have a very (verrry) good deals on many OEM original wheels almost like brand new here locally from someone and I don't know which one to go for. I will be selling my MTM wheels (already someone almost going to finish the deal) and getting the new wheels along with tires.

Option 1 - A5 Wheels 19"x8.5 ET32
http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6152&d=1202410049

Option 2 - RS6 C6 20" OEM Wheels (pics is 19").
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz117/PabloRS6/DSC_0276.jpg

Option 3 - A8 19" OEM Wheels (I've seen them fitted in C5 RS6 before)
http://www.cargurus.com/images/2008/01/17/20/36/pic-23388.jpeg

Option 4 - A8 20" OEM Wheels (almost same like RS6 C5 OEM 18 9 spoke ones but bigger).
http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200708/2008-audi-a8-3_460x0w.jpg

ben916
February 14th, 2010, 08:24
option 2...

vangelis
February 14th, 2010, 08:31
option 2...

Thanks for your feedback, actually i loveeee to get these wheels but i believe fitting 20" wheels without having a coil-overs setup to adjust the hight and lower it will be a problem. The car will look too high from the back. So i dunno whether its good option to go for both C6 20" wheels along with KWs or Bilestien or just forget it and keep looking in 19" rang. :vhmmm:

February 14th, 2010, 12:16
Why? Down here in OZ, MTM wheels are so sought after and so bloody expensive here. To give you an indication, a set of 19" MTM Bimotos for my RS6 without tyres, I got quoted around $1600AUD per corner. Ridiculous, when you can get DPE or HRE wheels for half that price.

DHall1
February 14th, 2010, 16:39
Wait till Bruce posts his pics of the VMR 19x9.5 V710s.

Perfect

ben916
February 14th, 2010, 16:48
Thanks for your feedback, actually i loveeee to get these wheels but i believe fitting 20" wheels without having a coil-overs setup to adjust the hight and lower it will be a problem. The car will look too high from the back. So i dunno whether its good option to go for both C6 20" wheels along with KWs or Bilestien or just forget it and keep looking in 19" rang. :vhmmm:

DuckWingDuck has 20" rims on his C5 but he also has the KW v3's on it... more rim, less rubber = slightly firmer ride.

He says there is "some" tire rubbing but I drove his car for a day all over San Diego and I didn't hear/feel any tire rubbing.

skribe
February 14th, 2010, 17:03
20"s seem a shade too big on a C5, regardless of ride height... looks a bit out of proportion.

DHall1
February 14th, 2010, 17:27
teaser

teaser

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/DSC_5161.jpg?t=1266167485

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/DSC_5153.jpg?t=1266167644

vangelis
February 14th, 2010, 17:50
Why? Down here in OZ, MTM wheels are so sought after and so bloody expensive here. To give you an indication, a set of 19" MTM Bimotos for my RS6 without tyres, I got quoted around $1600AUD per corner. Ridiculous, when you can get DPE or HRE wheels for half that price.

Actually I have a story behind that, I paid half of that cost here in UAE from MTM local dealer. But I had some vibrations coming between 90km/h and 130. I hate repairing wheels and I would like to go for a brand new aftermarket set or almost brand new OEM.

vangelis
February 14th, 2010, 17:51

Perfect

I like those wheels dave :) ,, any idea about the price as all the above options I've mentioned found for a veryy good deal. I dunno why i still can see them like 18" not 19". Too much space around the wheels!!

DHall1
February 14th, 2010, 17:57
I wondered about that.

Could a road force balance help? Was the vibration from the rims? The road force balancers can image the rims to detect out of round rims. Did you do this?

Here is a profile shot of the VMR 9.5 33et. You want flush? I got your flush. No spacers baby. Bruce was the trooper yesterday...yes his car is dusty but the guy was sick and went out to mount wheels and install brakes.

The dish and profile shots of the VMR wheels is just killer.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/DSC_5157.jpg?t=1266168965

Actually I have a story behind that, I paid half of that cost here in UAE from MTM local dealer. But I had some vibrations coming between 90km/h and 130. I hate repairing wheels and I would like to go for a brand new aftermarket set or almost brand new OEM.

vangelis
February 14th, 2010, 18:09
I like they look and color, they really match the car specially the blue :) but I still can see them smaller than 19" dunno why!! comparing to shots taken for my car with 19" MTM, the MTM looks bigger and without spacers also. weird.

DHall1
February 14th, 2010, 18:18
Its a different profile and style of rim. Optical games with the camera.

I am confused. What is the question about how small? they look?

I like they look and color, they really match the car specially the blue :) but I still can see them smaller than 19" dunno why!! comparing to shots taken for my car with 19" MTM, the MTM looks bigger and without spacers also. weird.

Bigglezworth
February 14th, 2010, 23:56
teaser

teaser

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/DSC_5153.jpg?t=1266167644

These just don't float my boat. Each time I see them I see a BMW owner and knowing that it's an Audi puts confusion all over the matter.

I currently have Option #1 and its nice. I also like Option #2. The other two options are more reflective of grandpa's sedan.....

DHall1
February 15th, 2010, 00:09
This is the second time you have made this point. One time its your opinion. 2 times?

I get it. YOU dont like these wheels.

Thanks for your input. Can we move on? I promise to stay off your threads.

These just don't float my boat. Each time I see them I see a BMW owner and knowing that it's an Audi puts confusion all over the matter.

I currently have Option #1 and its nice. I also like Option #2. The other two options are more reflective of grandpa's sedan.....

Bigglezworth
February 15th, 2010, 00:56
This is the second time you have made this point. One time its your opinion. 2 times?

Thanks for your input. Can we move on? I promise to stay off your threads.Geesh. Don't know how I deserved that. Who the hell cares whether I've expressed an opinion twice. You do it more than a dozen times on some topics. There was nothing sarcastic or rude about my comment.

MaxRS6
February 15th, 2010, 01:38
I am a real spazz. I have the web pattern BBS-RS-GT. Sometimes I really like the look- other times I think I would like it better with some of the spoke options out there. I guess it is due to the time of the month in my case. I might just have to get a second set (actually it would be a 3rd set as I have kept the OEM) so I can swap out from time to time...LOL

Edit: I like the above VMR with the 9.5 width. They fill out the well nicely and agressively.

Each time I see them I see a BMW owner and knowing that it's an Audi puts confusion all over the matter.

DHall1
February 15th, 2010, 01:45
Nothing rude about my post either. There are plenty of modifications I dont choose to follow. I generally dont express my opinion against any direction another forum member chooses. If the facts and data are presented in a fair manner. Good for everyone to enjoy and learn. Esp when members went out of their way to push the limits of fitment and try a new direction. Work and effort went into fitment, measurements and finally getting it all to work. Document all for all to see and make decisions.

I dont like some of the other wheel choices including yours but I keep my mouth shut. If it fits and works as a fitment. Report the data and let the grown ups decide.

I only asked why you need to continue your negative opinion about these wheels? You made your point twice. Does it need to continue?

Thanks for your input. Can we move on? I promise to stay off your threads.

vangelis
February 15th, 2010, 08:08
Take it easy guys :) ,, we do respect each other's opinion of course. Thanks Dave for your comments. I do agree with you that VMR wheels looks suburb. I like them so much actually, they matching the silver trim and mirrors perfectly, all what i mean is when I look from the side, i see big gab between the body and the wheels :) ,, which i don't notice with MTM wheels although both have the same size. I still need to figure out why :vhmmm:

Ruergard
February 15th, 2010, 08:15
Slow down guys... Stick to the topic. :)

DHall1
February 15th, 2010, 13:20
I think Bruce's car might sit higher than your car.

Ride height difference between the cars.

What is your center wheel to fender lip measurement.

Take it easy guys :) ,, we do respect each other's opinion of course. Thanks Dave for your comments. I do agree with you that VMR wheels looks suburb. I like them so much actually, they matching the silver trim and mirrors perfectly, all what i mean is when I look from the side, i see big gab between the body and the wheels :) ,, which i don't notice with MTM wheels although both have the same size. I still need to figure out why :vhmmm:

bruce
February 15th, 2010, 20:26

Perfect

No Pressure though...LOL

uncfrk
February 17th, 2010, 01:31
Anyone have any word if VMR is going to produce the V701 19 x 9.5 this season? Spring is coming. I need wheels.

Jacob@VMRWheels
February 17th, 2010, 01:54
Anyone have any word if VMR is going to produce the V701 19 x 9.5 this season? Spring is coming. I need wheels.

Probably not by Spring unfortunately. I'll let you know if I hear differently though.

JRS-RS6
February 17th, 2010, 02:01

I second that -- I like the V701s and I want this size too.

Born2be
February 17th, 2010, 07:51
From VMR today re 701 19x9.5:

No new developments unfortunately. It will probably be awhile before we
offer this kind of fitment..so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Best Regards,

Jacob

vangelis
March 12th, 2010, 10:26
Sad to say I lost the S5 wheels deal, when i went to close the deal found them sold :( ,, so the shop still have some OEM wheels there. A set of 20" RS6 C6 wheels but size is different I dunno why!! front are 20"x8.5 with 255/35/20 tyers and rear are 20"x9.5 with 275/35/20 tyers. Do you think that can fit my RS6 C5 with KW V3 coilovers?
Another set is A8 20" wheels, and a 19" A5 wheels. I think 20"s will look aggrisive but odd. Tell me your opinions plz.

RS6Driver
March 12th, 2010, 13:42
Don't like the rims. But what would the world look like if everyone had the same taste?

Erik
March 12th, 2010, 16:27
None is a favourite, but nr 2.

mmaturo
March 12th, 2010, 17:53
Still out of the remaining choices the OEM C6 RS6 wheels.

vangelis
March 12th, 2010, 17:57
I agree with you,, I love that wheels, but the set available at that shop is 2 different sizes, Front is 20x8.5 and rear is 20x9.5. Is that a good setup for RS6 C5??

Still out of the remaining choices the OEM C6 RS6 wheels.

MaxRS6
March 12th, 2010, 18:01
I'd be leary of the staggered setup. Within certain specs- others have stated it is okay. You also have issues with tire rotation. Further, I think it takes away from the quattro setup cosmetically, and make it look like a rear wheel drive setup.

My less than .03 worth.

V8weight
March 12th, 2010, 21:57
A staggered setup also contributes to understeer, which is something that the RS6 doesn't need any additional help with.

ben916
March 12th, 2010, 22:01
A staggered setup also contributes to understeer, which is something that the RS6 doesn't need any additional help with.

Agree on the staggered look as IMHO, it detracts from the look of the RS6.
Save that look for the RWD Hemi's

Couldn't you just do what someone at Beverly Hills Porsche/Audi did to my car during DRC #2?
Add +1 to the rear and then you have no front sliding? Problem solved. :)

DHall1
March 12th, 2010, 22:16
No

NO

NOOOO

And NO

I agree with you,, I love that wheels, but the set available at that shop is 2 different sizes, Front is 20x8.5 and rear is 20x9.5. Is that a good setup for RS6 C5??

skribe
March 12th, 2010, 23:44
With apologies to darkwingduck 20s are too big on a c5 and look ghetto.
19s look perfect IMHO. I get so may compliments on the hartmann s5 reps I have...

And 5 lbs lighter than stock for 19" 8.5 ET +25

ya don't need 9 or 9.5. No rs6 can spin 4 255mm tires.

Apologies again, but Many VMR are china-cast... Most hartmanns are cast in der faderland.

DHall1
March 12th, 2010, 23:54
Gimme 5 min. I can make a beauty of a cast on your head.

Hartman or VMR have good reps. Some have bent Hartmans and I am sure VMRs have bent as well. I like the look of the VMR and plan to use only on the street.

20s are ghetto on the C5. The right fitment of the 275/30s fill the wheel arches oh so nice. Nice fat tires for a nice fat a$$.

did I just say a$$?

Its Friday dammit. Time for some a$$!!!!!

With apologies to darkwingduck 20s are too big on a c5 and look ghetto.
19s look perfect IMHO. I get so may compliments on the hartmann s5 reps I have...

And 5 lbs lighter than stock for 19" 8.5 ET +25

ya don't need 9 or 9.5. No rs6 can spin 4 255mm tires.

Apologies again, but Many VMR are china-cast... Most hartmanns are cast in der faderland.

skribe
March 13th, 2010, 01:51
L'ingOL. If anyone would end up wearing a cast, I guarantee you it would not be me.

Apparently wheels are a deeply personal thing!

vangelis
March 13th, 2010, 06:42
VMR are china-cast... Most hartmanns are cast in der faderland.

Is that true? how did you know that?

skribe
March 14th, 2010, 13:45
Is that true? how did you know that?

Because I called them and asked when I was wheel shopping.

vangelis
March 19th, 2010, 17:26
Guys, I have a good deal for a set of MTM bimoto 8,5 x 19 ET 50 LK 5x112, any idea whether this will fit in our RS5 C5 or not? any need for spacers adapter? which size of tyers best fit this wheels?

Jacob@VMRWheels
March 19th, 2010, 19:12
Because I called them and asked when I was wheel shopping.

VMR wheels are cast in Taiwan :)

DHall1
March 19th, 2010, 20:42
You would need about a 20mm spacer.

Not the best idea. imho

Guys, I have a good deal for a set of MTM bimoto 8,5 x 19 ET 50 LK 5x112, any idea whether this will fit in our RS5 C5 or not? any need for spacers adapter? which size of tyers best fit this wheels?

skribe
March 19th, 2010, 22:05
VMR wheels are cast in Taiwan :)

Well, when I called you guys, the person on the phone kept saying "asia-cast" when I asked about the place of manufacture. I asked for specificity -- asia can mean a lot of things. Eventually I said, "Do you mean your wheels are cast in China?" and he said yes. Perhaps he misunderstood me or wasn't totally paying attention or something, but that's what I was told.

I was asking specifically about VB3's in 19"... also during that call, whoever was on the phone had an oddly nonchalant attitude -- the correct offset wasn't available in that wheel, so he suggested a 15mm spacer and longer lugs. I asked if VMR could provide them, he said no. I asked for a good source of these items and he said "I don't know, man, there's plenty of 'em out there." I asked if I needed ball-seat lugs or not... he didn't seem sure of his answer. The entire call left me feeling uncertain about your company and its product.

I know I would want to know that if someone had an experience like that with my business, so there you go, for what it's worth.

JRS-RS6
March 21st, 2010, 12:00
Well, when I called you guys, the person on the phone kept saying "asia-cast" when I asked about the place of manufacture. I asked for specificity -- asia can mean a lot of things. Eventually I said, "Do you mean your wheels are cast in China?" and he said yes. Perhaps he misunderstood me or wasn't totally paying attention or something, but that's what I was told.

Taiwan is China. Just ask China and I am quite sure that would be their answer. :)

I agree with your point and think this kind of feedback is valuable. If this were my company I would want to know about this call (experience) too.

It sounds like some Products and Sales Training is in order for starters.