PDA

View Full Version : New codes - p0322, p0338, and p1176!

4everRS
February 14th, 2010, 01:09
Any help or expirience with these would be greatly appreciated.

All these came on after the car had been running for a while. Noticed it after leaving a stop light with moderate acceleration - not a lot, just enough to show that the honda next to me shouldn't waste his time. The beast continues to run strong after codes.

p0322 is new to me - Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit No Signal. Looks common on the VW forums that it is a crank position sensor. Any other ideas? Where is this sensor?

p0338 is not new. I have the new sensor and just need to repalce it. Unfortunatly it is on bank 1 and I essentiall need to pull the lock support forward to get it.

p01176 is very intermittent. has come on 3 times over the past 3 months.

Any thoughts are welcome.

4everRS
February 15th, 2010, 04:34
Ok. After clearing the codes, and driving the car a few times since, they haven't come back yet.

How often have other members expierienced these things? I mean that a random code will show and not show up again for many miles if ever, after clearing it?

DHall1
February 15th, 2010, 06:17
It does happen and wait for the problem to happen again.

BP this week. .84c div Suckers have been calling me out of my naked hedge so I have got the high delta Put instead. Stick em right back. Chevron was a killing last week.

Dont listen to me...crazy monkey that chain smokes.