PDA

View Full Version : Missing headlight washer cover

Conaswr
February 13th, 2010, 20:29
Went out in the snow today, noticed my passenger side headlight washer cover was gone. Anyone have this problem before? Is it an easy fix, or do you have to replace the whole assembly and custom paint? Any advice appreciated.

V8weight
February 13th, 2010, 20:36
You have to buy a new cover, which comes bare. Your best bet is to find a local body shop and have them order the part, color-map your car, pre-paint the part. Then you can have them pop the new one on when it's painted. If you go to Audi, they'll charge you for the part, send it out to have it painted plus mark-up, then charge 120/hr to pop it on. With the body shop at least the labor rate will be 48/hr, and they'll only charge .2 hours to install, where the dealership will try to charge their 1 hour minimum.

DonS
February 13th, 2010, 23:38
Find a replacement and then paint both black - sort of like eye-black on a football player. Your car will look like a linebacker coming in for a tackle!

Conaswr
February 14th, 2010, 19:44
Thanks for the advice. I found a couple of sources on Ebay, I will find out if my local body shop can do the ebony pearl match for a reasonable price.