PDA

View Full Version : Great alignment shop in NJ!

Jones
February 13th, 2010, 18:06
I recently had H&R springs installed. I tightened the bolts while the car was on the jack stands. I had hoped the car would settle by itself; but never did, and as a result the car handled a bit erratically.

Took it to a local shop (Reyco auto, in W.NY) to have the car aligned hoping that would resove the handling, but the result was very dissapointing.

Today, took it to Euro-tire (not affiliated) out in Fairfield, NJ. What an amazing job!!! The technician (partner) loosened all the control arm links, and while on the lift, he bounced the car to settle the car down. He then aligned the car.

The result; fantastic!!! They did an amazing job! I've never had my RS6 handle this good. Those that are tired of the car sitting a little higher after your DRC service, H&R springs are a good quick and easy solution. If you live in NY/NJ area, I highly recommend Euro-tire for their awsome alignment service.

Now... if I can just figure out this mysterious squeaking noise from my rear suspension!R$%!###!!%%!

ttrs6
February 14th, 2010, 04:13
Did you have your drc replaced? And what do you mean when you say he loosend the ca links and bouned the car.Did he take off the swaybar links? because im doing the h&rs to and live in ny so maybe ill go there to do the alingment.just looked on euro tires site looks kosher how did you find them?

Jones
February 14th, 2010, 07:28
Yes, I had the DRC done. Subsequently, the car sat too high. So got the H&R's.

He loosened upper, lower, inner, and outter control arm links to free up the bind and allow the car to settle down evenley. (I'm not sure if he loosened the sway bar links.) I should have done this after installing the H&R's. Because I didn't, my rear right was 1/8" sitting taller than my left, and my left front sitting 1/8" sitting taller than my right.

I took my Cayenne there to have Sportec wheels mounted couple of years ago, recommended by Vredestein tires of America. They are active PCA members, and their garage is always filled with P cars.

DHall1
February 14th, 2010, 07:36
Job well done.

Pics please

Yes, I had the DRC done. Subsequently, the car sat too high. So got the H&R's.

He loosened upper, lower, inner, and outter control arm links to free up the bind and allow the car to settle down evenley. (I'm not sure if he loosened the sway bar links.) I should have done this after installing the H&R's. Because I didn't, my rear right was 1/8" sitting taller than my left, and my left front sitting 1/8" sitting taller than my right.

I took my Cayenne there to have Sportec wheels mounted couple of years ago, recommended by Vredestein tires of America. They are active PCA members, and their garage is always filled with P cars.

Jones
February 14th, 2010, 07:41
I'll take some pics and post them. In meanwhile, here's a link to thread that has pics before the alignment.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20215&highlight=H%26R+installed