PDA

View Full Version : Selling my beast

Boost
February 13th, 2010, 01:51
I will be selling my beast when my new car arrives in April. I do this with more than a fair amount of regret. It has been such a great car.

I have been very fortunate, as it has never had any mechanical or suspension issues. The DRC has not been replaced, as there have been no problems and I wanted to wait until the last minute to replace it to maximize the 12 month warranty on the new system. I put new front and rear pads on the car in December. The car is completely stock. I have two sets of wheels and tires (summer and winter)

I am the second owner and have had the car since October 2005 when the car had 15,000 miles. It now has 70,000 miles. The car is currently CPOd until April, 2010. It is Avus silver with Ebony interior and carbon fiber trim. The car is in great shape inside and out.

I would like to get something in the $27,000 range, but will consider offers. If anyone is interested, please PM me. Otherwise, I will trade it in when my new car arrives.

V8weight
February 13th, 2010, 02:30
Sounds like someones going to get a great deal on a well cared for car. What may I ask did you buy to replace the beast?

Boost
February 13th, 2010, 03:42
I have a Panamera on order.

V8weight
February 13th, 2010, 03:53
I have a Panamera on order.
Ooh, how controversial, make sure to check back in after delivery and post your impressions.:0:

DHall1
February 13th, 2010, 04:06
We were just talking about this today.

Audi your losing your highline customers.

Hello?????

Boost
February 13th, 2010, 04:08
Ooh, how controversial, make sure to check back in after delivery and post your impressions.:0:

I agree. If only Audi had imported the C6 RS6 to the US I would not have made this choice.

Obviously the looks of the Panamera are debatable from the rear. However, the interior is great and it drives amazingly well. I also tested the E63 AMG. It's styling is more conventional and it drives well, but it did not seem like much of an upgrade from the RS6, and I would lose the all wheel drive. The sound of the E63 is marvelous though. I also drove a C6 S6. It is a nice car, but seemed un-inspiring in comparison to the torque and sound of my RS6.

DHall1
February 13th, 2010, 04:29
All good points and right on target.

I think Audi has made the move to mass market in the USA. Mass market and numbers over top dog status and excellence.

Bad move.

Benz, BMW and P cars will run the table.

No problem Audi. My wife needs a replacement for her supercharged E55 soon. What do you have? Zip, ziltch and nada.

So that means I hand me down my RS6 to the wife.

Then what in the world do I buy? hmmm

I agree. If only Audi had imported the C6 RS6 to the US I would not have made this choice.

Obviously the looks of the Panamera are debatable from the rear. However, the interior is great and it drives amazingly well. I also tested the E63 AMG. It's styling is more conventional and it drives well, but it did not seem like much of an upgrade from the RS6, and I would lose the all wheel drive. The sound of the E63 is marvelous though. I also drove a C6 S6. It is a nice car, but seemed un-inspiring in comparison to the torque and sound of my RS6.

R1
February 13th, 2010, 05:46
" ... then what in the world do I buy? "

you can go back to your item # 4 :w:

1) All good points and right on target.

2) I think Audi has made the move to mass market in the USA. Mass market and numbers over top dog status and excellence.

3) Bad move.

4) Benz, BMW and P cars will run the table.

5) No problem Audi. My wife needs a replacement for her supercharged E55 soon. What do you have? Zip, ziltch and nada.

6) So that means I hand me down my RS6 to the wife.

7) Then what in the world do I buy? hmmm

MaxRS6
February 13th, 2010, 12:23
Wake up Sleeping Beauty and get some Audi knights over here!

AudiRS4ever
February 13th, 2010, 15:00
Congrats on your order. I am surprised by one car that keeps getting over-looked. The 750XI. I know it's called the 750i with X-Drive, which is stupid so I refuse to call it that. Anyway, I have driven one and it is absolutely wonderful (I still can't believe I'm saying this about a BMW). The interior is actually nice now. It looks very much like something Audi would build. The exterior is handsome. All-Wheel Drive that works. Oh yeah, 2 Turbos that crank out 400 horsepower. Again, surprised that it's been so over-looked. When I drove the short-wheel base car it actually felt the same size as my RS6. I know one reason that not many people talk about it, because BMW has done a piss-poor job of advertising it. Anyway, just a thought........

DHall1
February 13th, 2010, 15:29
Yeah,

I didnt even know what is was. Wow, they have changed it and I see what you mean about the styling. Comeon Audi WTF!!!!

Wow, they changed the interior big time. Cleaned it up and got rid of all the crazy buttons. Clean clean clean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYBtmKXnU-U

DonS
February 13th, 2010, 17:05
The press and showroom draw the RS6 would actually sell a ton more mass market cars for Audi. What a mistake...

Enjoy the Panamera. Please post piles of photos and your opinion after some rigourous driving.

MaxRS6
February 13th, 2010, 17:23
Here is a pretty good look at..
<EMBED height=340 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=560 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/QYBtmKXnU-U&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">
</EMBED> (file://<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QYBtmKXnU-U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QYBtmKXnU-U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>)

DHall1
February 13th, 2010, 17:24
Max

How do you insert a youtube vid in the thread? and get it to pull up the pic in the thread?

Help

MaxRS6
February 13th, 2010, 17:26
Give me a call and I'll instruct you through it

AndyBG
February 13th, 2010, 17:30
Are you getting Panamera 4S or Panamera turbo...?

Boost
February 13th, 2010, 18:29
I am getting a turbo. I drove a 4S, but again the RS6 has ruined me in the torque department. The Panamera Turbo has amazing torque, especially in the Sport Plus mode with overboost. It is way more money than I wanted to spend, but I was hooked once I drove it.

skribe
February 14th, 2010, 05:38
Oh, yes, Panamera Turbo is just a sick nasty beast.

Drive one if you haven't, but be careful, it might seduce you. (Sorry 'bout the college fund, kids!)

DHall1
February 14th, 2010, 06:06
Tune a ECU flash on that beast and then take on the Pana turbo.

No contest.

Oh, yes, Panamera Turbo is just a sick nasty beast.

Drive one if you haven't, but be careful, it might seduce you. (Sorry 'bout the college fund, kids!)

skribe
February 14th, 2010, 06:19
True, but once the Panamera has some tunes available, look out. It's like the Cayenne all over again. It doesn't make any damn sense, and then you drive it. And it burrows into your brain like a Ricardo Montleban grub in Wrath of Khan.

DHall1
February 14th, 2010, 06:23
I dont owe a penny on my RS.

Priceless

skribe
February 14th, 2010, 06:27
Touché.

Boost
February 15th, 2010, 17:34
Dave's comment about not owing anything on his car made me reflect on what an incredible bargain these cars are at todays prices. To be able to buy a hand built "supercar" for $30,000 or less is remarkable (if you are a buyer, not so good if you are a seller). I am so tempted to keep the car and sell my son's A4, but I can not in good consience let a 17 year old have a car with this kind of power.

DHall1
February 15th, 2010, 17:43
Not to mention your yeary 10,000 dollar transmission bill if you give him the car.

I hear you. We will never see such a vehicle and I have been trying to buy a second one for almost a year. Almost got the Sportec600 with the 6speed but it was not to be.

My RS just turned 30k and I keep the top side and bottom side shining like the grease in my hair. Waiting and hoping Audi will bring us a sport avant for my wife when she finally pulls the plug on her E55.

Long live the RS in the US.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/front1.jpg?t=1266255126

Dave's comment about not owing anything on his car made me reflect on what an incredible bargain these cars are at todays prices. To be able to buy a hand built "supercar" for $30,000 or less is remarkable (if you are a buyer, not so good if you are a seller). I am so tempted to keep the car and sell my son's A4, but I can not in good consience let a 17 year old have a car with this kind of power.

Boost
February 15th, 2010, 17:44
That is amazingly (and un-naturally) clean!

ttboost
February 15th, 2010, 17:57

Yeah, who Armour Alls their inner fender cover?:lovl:

DHall1
February 15th, 2010, 18:05
Thanks,

I clean all our cars that way. Once or twice a year I get under there and go to town. Then seal it with the proper chemicals. Between that its easy to upkeep.

My wife just shakes her head.

Insert pic of my wife in bikini shooting me with the hose.

NOT Armor All. Its the special undercarriage chemical that most professional detail shops use.

Boost
February 15th, 2010, 18:48
Thanks,

I clean all our cars that way. Once or twice a year I get under there and go to town. Then seal it with the proper chemicals. Between that its easy to upkeep.

My wife just shakes her head.

Insert pic of my wife in bikini shooting me with the hose.

NOT Armor All. Its the special undercarriage chemical that most professional detail shops use.

Please do insert that pic. No wait, that is that other thread.:hihi:

bruce
February 15th, 2010, 20:13

:harass:I can see why I got harasssed about my fender wells now....

I dont owe a penny on my RS.

Priceless

Paid cash myself for a change. What a country....

Father_Flanagan
February 17th, 2010, 13:52
Boost, are you in San Antonio?

Boost
February 17th, 2010, 14:43
Father_Flannigan, PM sent.

Boost
February 22nd, 2010, 15:55
In my initial post in this thread I mentioned that I would like to get something in the $27,000 range for my 71k miles RS6 (still under CPO warranty for a couple of months more). There have been some recent posts of people buying lower mileage cars in this price range. What do you resident experts think is a fair price for my car?

DHall1
February 22nd, 2010, 16:04
That is a fair price if clean. You need to work the net, autotrader and ebay for a buyer. Adult two owner cpo status is a big plus and having the warranty even for a couple of months should make the buyer feel good. (they will know your not selling due to a problem)

In the end....26k?

Boost
February 22nd, 2010, 18:44
Thanks Dave. You are right, I need to get it out there elsewhere on the net as well. I have been waiting until it is a little closer for my new car to arrive, but April (and hopefully better weather) is not that far away.