PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Upraded Turbos - Found Them!!!!

650RS
February 12th, 2010, 12:45
Guys,

Just letting you know I found turbos for the RS6 that are bolt on, they will offer ~650hp and feature a billet compressor wheel.

Cost is approx $2400USD to rebuild yours to these specs.

DHall1
February 12th, 2010, 15:30
What modification if any has been done to the turbine housing?

SAFE4NOW
February 12th, 2010, 17:22
Guys,

Just letting you know I found turbos for the RS6 that are bolt on, they will offer ~650hp and feature a billet compressor wheel.

I'm interested. Where are they located? Turn around time, etc?

S

eurotunedrs6
February 12th, 2010, 20:04
Very nice. Only thing I'm curious about is if the exhaust side of the turbo is any bigger or same size as stock?

V8weight
February 13th, 2010, 03:12
What housing is this? Does it still utilize the stock housing?

GEN XER
February 13th, 2010, 04:04
Guys,

This suggests the housing are stock size. The guts seem to be the only upgrades.

V8weight
February 13th, 2010, 04:07
This suggests the housing are stock size. The guts seem to be the only upgrades.
Oh, crap. I completely missed the part about them rebuilding your current cores. Not much of a bargain.

GEN XER
February 13th, 2010, 04:38
Oh, crap. I completely missed the part about them rebuilding your current cores. Not much of a bargain.

$2400 for a rebuild? Really? I think they may be trying to prey on RS6 owners. I don't know where the price point should be for 2 rebuilt K04's, I don't think its $2400.

snoopra
February 13th, 2010, 06:48
$2400 for a rebuild? Really? I think they may be trying to prey on RS6 owners. I don't know where the price point should be for 2 rebuilt K04's, I don't think its $2400.
When I spoke to Blouch several months ago, they quoted me $800-$1200 for this type of upgrade(depending on the condition of the turbo's)

GEN XER
February 13th, 2010, 07:03
When I spoke to Blouch several months ago, they quoted me $800-$1200 for this type of upgrade(depending on the condition of the turbo's)

Much better. I dont see this being an option for me as the Tranny does not need any extra stress. I will boost my VR6, thanks. This is an expensive venture by the way. We are talking at least 10K for all I want done. Why cant I stop myself?

snoopra
February 13th, 2010, 07:06
........ I dont see this being an option for me as the Tranny does not need any extra stress................
....build a stronger trans:jlol:

MaxRS6
February 13th, 2010, 12:14
No go for me.

650RS
February 13th, 2010, 12:23
Guys,

If anyone can find a better option please let me know, I know you can buy 2x GT2860R tubos for the cost of this upgrade but then you need to allow money for new oil and water line, new dump pipes, intercooling piping and inlet piping.

snoopra
February 13th, 2010, 20:20
Guys,

If anyone can find a better option please let me know, I know you can buy 2x GT2860R tubos for the cost of this upgrade but then you need to allow money for new oil and water line, new dump pipes, intercooling piping and inlet piping.
You haven't answered SAFE4NOW's questions, where are you located and who's offering this build? This thread is pointless without details. NO pipe dreams please. Like I posted earlier, Blouch Turbo, a reputable company, already does this for less than half the cost you're quoting.

DHall1
February 13th, 2010, 20:41
Upgrade is worthless without info on the turbine housings like I said above.

I dont care how fancy you make the compressor wheel. If your exhaust has nowhere to to your just blowing hot air and making lots of backpressure.

Corky Bell Maximum Boost 101.

my .02c

650RS
February 13th, 2010, 23:23
Guys,

The turbos are done by a company in the USA, the upgrade consists of:

- 59mm compressor wheel
- Clipped turine wheel
- Clearance turbine housing
- 1.0bar actuator
- Rebuilt and balanced

These turbos have made 550whp.

GEN XER
February 13th, 2010, 23:44
A company? There are a lot of companies in the US. What's the name of this one? All this fragmented information does not give me a warm and fuzzy about this whole thing.

DHall1
February 13th, 2010, 23:49
Clipped turbine wheel

Clearanced housing

It cant be done but its not the best solution. A/R of the housing is just the same and backpressure is an issue.

I dont think its worth all the expense and trouble if your not changing the turbine housing A/R.

Just my opinion.

ttboost
February 14th, 2010, 00:27
Guys,

As was asked, WHERE did you find them? Name of vendor please.

ttrs6
February 14th, 2010, 02:21
The name is tial perfomance on the west coast i was going to send mine there can get it dun 4 about $1800 but i guess they charge extra to ship to australia.:0:

cornishmoocher
February 14th, 2010, 05:03
TBH, 650rs is asking an awful lot of questions on an awful lot of forums about his "build" without giving anything away, just pops up asks a question or makes a statement, very rarely a please or thank you and doesn't realise I am sure, that these forums are a two way street!

The kind of project he is think about/embarked on?? would not be started without having answers to most of the questions he has asked IMO, again "his tuner" as stated on SRS is doing the work......I would have thought a tuner who was capable of doing this type of mod on an RS6 would be able to advise and KNOW the answers to these questions?

I would imagine that the TiAL turbo's are from 034 motor sports, but why he wouldn't use a pair of GT30's or even 35's I do not know, its what we use over here (gt30's) and for the really mental the 35's.

besides- he wont get 650 out of it with out the manifolds being done for sure ans as far as a can recall its not been mentioned anywhere.

My .2c.

Bigglezworth
February 15th, 2010, 00:01
That's an obscene amount of $$$. Literally obscene. As a Turbo Buick enthusiast I always marvel at the amount of money people are prepared to put into turbos. You can get turbos that will push out more power than you could possibly ever desire (or make use of for that matter) for half this price. The only thing that you would need to do is fabricate the elbow that is part of the OEM casting to pick up the intake drop from the air cleaners. That and perhaps some interface brackets.

gjg
February 16th, 2010, 22:20
price for rebuilt K04 seems high...

gjg
February 16th, 2010, 22:24
Upgrade is worthless without info on the turbine housings like I said above.

I dont care how fancy you make the compressor wheel. If your exhaust has nowhere to to your just blowing hot air and making lots of backpressure.

Corky Bell Maximum Boost 101.

my .02c

my wrench pointed out the K03 and K04 have different rotor diameter, K03 with 0.9 Bar up wears out the rotor bearings faster than you can refill gas tank.....

SAFE4NOW
February 17th, 2010, 15:49
I finally found a SINGLE turbo upgrade kit, problem is, I'll need a trailer to pull it behind the car!

May help me reach 200 at the Texas Mile!

Steve

Aronis
February 17th, 2010, 16:01
Sitting with popcorn....

(better include the zip in the address and the companies Tax ID number) LOL