PDA

View Full Version : First run in....poor poor GTO

eurotunedrs6
February 10th, 2010, 04:43
I'm getting married in April, and tonight my fiance and I went to our last cake vendor. Anyways, on the way there I see a 2006ish GTO. I slowly pull beside him and I see him and his passenger look over. I decide to gun it, they dont bite. They end up cruising beside me and from what my fiance and I can see begin to giggle or laugh. We are now pacing each other and I'm waiting for him to gun it and sure enough he does, and I'm right on it. He got a tiny jump, but I squash that in about .5 seconds and proceed to pull on him. I got a few car lengths on him i shut it down. We begin to pace again with our windows down and I give him props for trying. His buddy yells over to me "what's in that thing" and I just reply twin turbo v8.....just a story I wanted to share.

Keep in mind I dont normally do this, but the roads were pretty clear and I wanted to see what it could do against another car I know is fast. :addict: FTW

SAF
February 10th, 2010, 05:08
Keep in mind I dont normally do this :addict: FTW

Change is good.

Ruergard
February 10th, 2010, 05:20
Change is good.

:lovl:

Nice kill.

mmaturo
February 10th, 2010, 05:32
I'm getting married in April, and tonight my fiance and I went to our last cake vendor. Anyways, on the way there I see a 2006ish GTO. I slowly pull beside him and I see him and his passenger look over. I decide to gun it, they dont bite. They end up cruising beside me and from what my fiance and I can see begin to giggle or laugh. We are now pacing each other and I'm waiting for him to gun it and sure enough he does, and I'm right on it. He got a tiny jump, but I squash that in about .5 seconds and proceed to pull on him. I got a few car lengths on him i shut it down. We begin to pace again with our windows down and I give him props for trying. His buddy yells over to me "what's in that thing" and I just reply twin turbo v8.....just a story I wanted to share.

Keep in mind I dont normally do this, but the roads were pretty clear and I wanted to see what it could do against another car I know is fast. :addict: FTW

hehehe...enjoy. that's one of the easy ones.

eurotunedrs6
February 10th, 2010, 05:53
I thought it would have been faster since the rs6 is bigger, but that didn't really matter. They must have been all about straight american automobiles though. The rs6 caught them completely off gaurd. Them laughing before the run made it priceless. It was that ype of laugh to where they thought I had no chance. I wish I could have recorded the entire thing.

mmaturo
February 10th, 2010, 06:31
They are kinda slow compared to the RS6. Our quattro is also a huge advantage as i have taken 2 M5s at lights for instance. You will be amazed at what you can take and/or keep up with. SRT of anything...not hard to take...Vettes prior to 08, the worst are all the 350/370 Zs that will try (and like annoying flies G35/37 sedans). 4S and less 911s prior to 08. Boxsters try me, any MBs that are non 63s, or V12 something are fair game...can't tell you how many SL/E/CLK500/550s have wondered what happened. A Ford GT couldn't completely loose me on the road one night...I got a good thumbs up from him in respect of what ever the hell sedan that could hang around. On the track i love passing the P-car Turbo owners who are still not getting turns well.

ben916
February 10th, 2010, 07:24
So the two virgin owners get kills the first week!!!! Nice one, Robert!

I had an SRT Charger stroll up on me tonight but I had the youngest in the car (3yo), I graciously bowed out of that one...

I was hoping someone would post if SRT anything would be threatening or not. Looks like I found my answer!!!! :)

What about a Grand National? Not a GNX but it looked modded. Keep you posted on this one...

JRS-RS6
February 10th, 2010, 12:56

I had an SRT Charger stroll up on me tonight but I had the youngest in the car (3yo), I graciously bowed out of that one...

I was hoping someone would post if SRT anything would be threatening or not. Looks like I found my answer!!!! :)

What about a Grand National? Not a GNX but it looked modded. Keep you posted on this one...

This one might be kinda tough but I feel comfortable saying that our RS6s are much nicer looking.

http://www.performancerestorations.com/images/IMG_0216.jpg

Benman
February 10th, 2010, 18:17

Ahhh.... virgin kills... how I remember those...

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2006&highlight=rs+f40

:cheers:

Ben:addict:

ben916
February 10th, 2010, 18:21
This one might be kinda tough but I feel comfortable saying that our RS6s are much nicer looking.

http://www.performancerestorations.com/images/IMG_0216.jpg

well, the turbos ARE slightly bigger but add a turn or two and the game is up... or toss in some rain.... :harass:

SAF
February 10th, 2010, 18:25
Bingo! Toss in some rain! I've had more fun blasting away from lights or passing "hot cars" on wet turns than I can remember. No contest!

bruce
February 10th, 2010, 18:55
Slightly moist roads = Corvette time

Especially from a standing start. He he he

I had a Corvette way back. The biggest problem they have is keeping the rubber on the pavement and not spinning the wheels. I invariably get a car length jump and then quickly assume I win, and back down to wait. They hate that. Which is nice.

ttboost
February 10th, 2010, 19:53
Slightly moist roads = Corvette time

Especially from a standing start. He he he

I had a Corvette way back. The biggest problem they have is keeping the rubber on the pavement and not spinning the wheels. I invariably get a car length jump and then quickly assume I win, and back down to wait. They hate that. Which is nice.

I do that to bikes with my 996tt. I drive away, then slow down and let them catch up and drive away again just to make sure they get it... they hate that...:lovl:

eurotunedrs6
February 11th, 2010, 05:45
Ahhh.... virgin kills... how I remember those...

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2006&highlight=rs+f40

:cheers:

I saw f40 in the link and thought is this thread really going to be about and f40 and sure enough it was. Great story btw. I cant believe you saw one driving in the street let alone got to do a spirited run with it. At my very first car show I saw a ferrari f50....that's what got me hooked into cars, and is still my favorite ferrari. Ferrari's are rare enough to see driving around here in Washington, an f40 I would never even imagine.

Benman
February 11th, 2010, 20:30
I saw f40 in the link and thought is this thread really going to be about and f40 and sure enough it was.

Ferrari's are rare enough to see driving around here in Washington, an f40 I would never even imagine.

As I said in that post, the guys was a super cool dude. His son in the passenger seat was also just as nice. I have always had a love for the F40, so tangling with one was a special treat. :cheers:

SAF
February 11th, 2010, 20:47
I schooled a suped-up mega Mustang something-or-other last night. Took a second light to convince him the first wasn't a fluke. Then he turned left. LOL

ben916
February 11th, 2010, 20:50
I saw f40 in the link and thought is this thread really going to be about and f40 and sure enough it was. Great story btw. I cant believe you saw one driving in the street let alone got to do a spirited run with it. At my very first car show I saw a ferrari f50....that's what got me hooked into cars, and is still my favorite ferrari. Ferrari's are rare enough to see driving around here in Washington, an f40 I would never even imagine.

um.... Hang out in Redmond/Bellevue/Medina/Clyde Hill/Kirkland and you will see PLENTY of nice machinery.

Born2be
February 11th, 2010, 21:33
I sometimes feel like a shark making my way thru a school of fish...then run up on a (insert name of your unsuspecting prey here) and see if they want to play...

On my drive home from picking my beast up from San Jose I toyed with an M3...he dropped off at 140+

This thing's going to get me in jail or killed :addict:

W>

skribe
February 11th, 2010, 21:54

Yeah, look out for tweaked GN's (especially if Vin Diesel is driving, hehe)

Stock is doable, but most of them that are out on the road at this point are serious cars, not really a stock GN out there anymore.

There's an older guy with a santa clause beard who owns a machine shop near me, his GN puts down 600+ whp. Big turbo, forged internals, big pump/injectors, catless, etc, etc. Hooks up without a squeak with sticky 345's and a traction bar, runs low 11's on pump gas.

SAF
February 11th, 2010, 22:27
A guy at the tuning shop I dyno'd the RS at last week was pointing out (with pride) his GN, but I failed to look at it up close and had to leave when he suggested that he, I and RS6-4dr911 take a run down the road together. Now I'm curious. These were never on my radar before.

skribe
February 11th, 2010, 22:54
Oh, yeah. There aren't many of them, but those guys loooove to go out and generate great big WTF's from guys in German hardware.

The santa claus guy I mentioned is a really nice guy tho. Never met him before and he gave me the full demo, like you said, he was very proud of his GN. He had a laptop permanently installed on a mount off the console to log and tweak his ECU at all times, he could fiddle with advance, boost, A/F ratio, all kinds of stuff on the fly.

eurotunedrs6
February 11th, 2010, 23:39
I sometimes feel like a shark making my way thru a school of fish...then run up on a (insert name of your unsuspecting prey here) and see if they want to play...

On my drive home from picking my beast up from San Jose I toyed with an M3...he dropped off at 140+

This thing's going to get me in jail or killed :addict:

W>

Ive been thinking the same thing, but neither option is very good. Jail is the better option until my wife comes to get me out and kills me afterwards....

ben916
February 11th, 2010, 23:40
Oh, yeah. There aren't many of them, but those guys loooove to go out and generate great big WTF's from guys in German hardware.

The santa claus guy I mentioned is a really nice guy tho. Never met him before and he gave me the full demo, like you said, he was very proud of his GN. He had a laptop permanently installed on a mount off the console to log and tweak his ECU at all times, he could fiddle with advance, boost, A/F ratio, all kinds of stuff on the fly.

Back in the day (late 1980's) when I was laser focused on my GT 5.0 Stang, the 1987-1988 Grand Nationals with the Turbo V6 came out and were the total sleeper on the roads. I got a chance to drive one unmodded, while still owning the Stang, and that thing pulled hard! This was before they were all black stealth mode.
I have yet to see a GNX on the road...

ttboost
February 11th, 2010, 23:53
Back in the day (late 1980's) when I was laser focused on my GT 5.0 Stang, the 1987-1988 Grand Nationals with the Turbo V6 came out and were the total sleeper on the roads. I got a chance to drive one unmodded, while still owning the Stang, and that thing pulled hard! This was before they were all black stealth mode.
I have yet to see a GNX on the road...

I had a GN too, but never had the time to mod it. Spent all of my time working on my 69 TT Camaro. Then bought my 996tt and sold everything and haven't looked back...

ttboost
February 12th, 2010, 00:22
Super Sleeper.

ben916
February 12th, 2010, 00:26
Super Sleeper.

Except for the TWIN TURBO on the cowl... :lovl:

ttboost
February 12th, 2010, 00:29
Except for the TWIN TURBO on the cowl... :lovl:

Yeah, I used to tell people that was just for fun and it really wasn't...They bought it the first time...

eurotunedrs6
February 12th, 2010, 00:41
I would love an older camaro. Ive seen so many that look amazing. How much HP did yours put down?

ttboost
February 12th, 2010, 01:08
I would love an older camaro. Ive seen so many that look amazing. How much HP did yours put down?

625rwhp, 8lbs of boost, pump gas. Had a F.A.S.T. ECU and TCU with a 4L80E. 3:73's with overdrive.

ben916
February 12th, 2010, 01:17
625rwhp, 8lbs of boost, pump gas. Had a F.A.S.T. ECU and TCU with a 4L80E. 3:73's with overdrive.

could you keep it from leaving long dark rubbery strips on the road?

ttboost
February 12th, 2010, 01:20
could you keep it from leaving long dark rubbery strips on the road?

Nope. That's why it only ran 10.70's. Fun street car, suprised a lot of people. Just didn't handle for sh*t. My turbo has the same rwhp, with leather, A/C and a CD changer:incar::lovl:

skribe
February 12th, 2010, 05:49
Super Sleeper.

Ohhhh... nasty!

bruce
February 12th, 2010, 21:25
Nope. That's why it only ran 10.70's. Fun street car, suprised a lot of people. Just didn't handle for sh*t. My turbo has the same rwhp, with leather, A/C and a CD changer:incar::lovl:

I drove a friends '69 Camaro RS 396 a long time ago for awhile. It must have had 20" tires on the back, traction bars, etc. It would not stay on the ground. I could regularly chirp rubber at 55mph on the freeway when needed.... As I recall it handled like a tractor. :incar:

ttboost
February 12th, 2010, 21:51
I drove a friends '69 Camaro RS 396 a long time ago for awhile. It must have had 20" tires on the back, traction bars, etc. It would not stay on the ground. I could regularly chirp rubber at 55mph on the freeway when needed.... As I recall it handled like a tractor. :incar:

Yup, could spin the tires at nearly any speed and handled like a dumptruck full of rocks, with flat tires...:hihi:

DHall1
February 12th, 2010, 22:44
My 67 SS396 with tubbed rear and a L88 427. Would spin the 14in street tires in any gear. Driving down the street 40mph....step on gas and go sideways.

Only problem it would not stop or turn.

Straight line hell yeah.

ttboost
February 12th, 2010, 22:48
My 67 SS396 with tubbed rear and a L88 427. Would spin the 14in street tires in any gear. Driving down the street 40mph....step on gas and go sideways.

Only problem it would not stop or turn.

Straight line hell yeah.

Funny you say that and I agree, YET, I bought a 996 turbo because it was AWD and have since converted to RWD and have most of the same issues, except with the leather, CD, blah blah blah....

DHall1
February 12th, 2010, 23:50
You got me on the 1/4 mile ET.

I took mine once.

11.00 flat and no traction 2/3 way down the track.

Took the engine out and put it in a S/G race chassis....10.20s all day long.

ttboost
February 13th, 2010, 00:12
You got me on the 1/4 mile ET.

I took mine once.

11.00 flat and no traction 2/3 way down the track.

Took the engine out and put it in a S/G race chassis....10.20s all day long.

Yeah, they gave me 3 passes, first pass was like a 10.94, then a 10.85 then the 10.7 and then they sent me home, no cage or any safety equipment, never went again with that car....

DHall1
February 13th, 2010, 02:55
Yep, they booted me so fast it would make your head spin.

Car too fast and no roll bar.

ttboost
February 13th, 2010, 03:02
Yep, they booted me so fast it would make your head spin.

Car too fast and no roll bar.

Yup, Had a few chances with my turbo. After this pass, I had to sandbag my 60ft then run it out the back door for MPH. This pass, I spun in 1st and bogged in 2nd. Bummer.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrvetten#p/u/7/05J094SK1Lk