PDA

View Full Version : R8 V10 rips 0-60 mph 3.3, 0-100 mph 7.6

RXBG
February 7th, 2010, 23:17
1/4 mile 11.5 secs @ 123.1 mph :bigeyes:

faster than F430 and based on 145 extra pounds and power deficit a bit less quick than the LP560-4.

Road & Track numbers- from the the most reliable american car mag. based on roll-out the car would still have made 0-60 in 3.5 seconds from a standstill. braking performance was subpar, the car was prob run-in so the engine was loosened up, but the brakes were probably a bit worn out. link is to data only. don't have the actual write up.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/content/download/63223/1660835/version/1/file/Road-Test_Summary_March-2010.pdf

p3u
February 8th, 2010, 01:24
WOW!!!

If those numbers are spot on then I am impressed. F430 smoked!!!! GT-R smoked!!!!:bigeyes:

Ruergard
February 8th, 2010, 06:33
That's the quickest so far, right?

Benman
February 8th, 2010, 18:17
Good NIGHT! Those numbers are extremely impressive. Hard to imagine that those stats are repeatable with all V10s (must have got a properly broken in example ;) :D )...

Imressive! :cheers:

Ben:addict:

Damienr8
February 8th, 2010, 18:40
Very impressive numbers from a very capable car. It would be hard pressed to find those same numbers in other publications as it seems that these digits represent the full capabilities of the car under the best conditions (best traction on start, perfect weather, etc...) Fantastic numbers for a car weighing almost 3800 pounds, a testament to Audi's engineering.

On another note, look at the numbers for the Murciélago LP670-4 SV......JESUS. The california too has some nice numbers for a 4000 lb car!!!

RXBG
February 8th, 2010, 19:20
Good NIGHT! Those numbers are extremely impressive. Hard to imagine that those stats are repeatable with all V10s (must have got a properly broken in example ;) :D )...

Imressive! :cheers:

same goes for the GTR that supposedly made the sub 7:30 ring time.

i like R&T because it is the only serious, unbiased american car mag. the only one whose opinions i take seriously.

Benman
February 9th, 2010, 23:53
same goes for the GTR that supposedly made the sub 7:30 ring time.

i like R&T because it is the only serious, unbiased american car mag. the only one whose opinions i take seriously.

True dat'. What is the GT-R 0-60mph time? 3.6?

RXBG
February 10th, 2010, 00:02
True dat'. What is the GT-R 0-60mph time? 3.6?

not sure. lowest i recall was 3.4- like R & T's- but in another car mag. if i am not mistaken- of all the world's car mags the one that does the best job of equilibrating for ambient conditions and other variables IS R & T.

PeterH
February 10th, 2010, 00:12
GTR may be fast, but if you track it - NO warranty, period. Plus the tranny is very prone for failure and thats near $20K to fix. With the "black box" on board, Nissan can easily determine your speeds, g-force, etc to see if you did "abuse" the car.

Nissan now provides a pre-purchase letter outlining all the things that if they find that you do, they will totally void warranty. You can basically drive at freeway speeds and never use launch control.