PDA

View Full Version : Audi S-line acceleration

Georgious86
February 7th, 2010, 20:25
Hi all! I own my Audi A6 2004 y 2.7T S-line, this evening i tried to calculate 0-100km/h (0-60 mph)
it was -1 - 0 degrees by celcius and wet on road,with turned on warmer (climatcontrol) by 24 degrees (forgotten to turn off ) i reached 6.9 sec. is it normal?? do anybody knows what figures are for this car? i somehow doubt because the petrol in my country is not very high quality,I use 95 octane petrol by GREECE petrol company EKO,or Russian Lukoil.
the interesting thing is that 90% cars shipped from USA to Georgia (my country) has Check/Engine light on. It is said here coz petrol quality. but cars from Europe hasn't such problem. my car is from States but doesn't warn me about Check. I really don't know why it is said in that way,maybe they use low quality 92 octane petrol in upper than 3.0 liter engine and engine misses octanes...

JRS-RS6
February 7th, 2010, 20:30
See middle of page here: http://cars.about.com/cs/testdrives/fr/audia627_t.htm

"Audi claims a 0-60 mph time of six seconds flat"

As far as check engine light I would say those cars have codes that need to be addressed -- in otherwords something is wrong and needs to be fixed.

Octane ratings in US use (R+M)/2 Method and are normally 4 to 5 points lower (i.e. US Octane 93 would be 98 Octane RON (or PON) Method used in Europe.

ZCD2.7T
February 8th, 2010, 04:09
Hi all! I own my Audi A6 2004 y 2.7T S-line, this evening i tried to calculate 0-100km/h (0-60 mph)...i reached 6.9 sec. is it normal?? do anybody knows what figures are for this car?

Nice to know that you've received your car - I hope you'll enjoy it.

The US magazine "Car and Driver" recorded 6.6 seconds for the MY2000 version, which was slightly less powerful. However, US magazines always allow for 1 foot of "rollout" before the timer starts, because that's the way drag racing timing is done. So, to me, your time sounds just about correct. I'd guess that the S-line model would give 6.4 seconds or so if tested by the US magazines, but it never was, as far as I know.

The 6.0 seconds that Audi cited was for the 6-speed manual transmission version, and subsequent magazine testing proved that to be an accurate number.

As for your Check Engine light, you'll need a VAG-COM tool or similar to read the codes so that you can address the cause. It could be something as simple as the gas cap not being properly sealed, or it could be something more serious. If that light ever starts to flash on/off, THEN you should consider stopping the engine as soon as is practical, according to Audi. It happened to me when I had an oxygen sensor fail, and also when a coil pack failed. I was able to limp to a dealer on both occasions without damage, but that's not what Audi suggests.