PDA

View Full Version : "Hey, do you see that RS6 out there?"

LIRS6
February 6th, 2010, 22:07
Went to buy some fish today, when one of the guys behind the counter sounded out to his buddies about my car - some "wow's" and "cools" reverberated, and I then volunteered that it was my car. A few questions followed, and they were still talking about it when I walked out the door. Amazing to me that a near seven year old car could generate that much interest. Well, I suppose not so amazing - it still gets me excited each time I drive it.

Cheers

MaxRS6
February 6th, 2010, 22:17
Kudos- Great to hear even fish guys can appreciate a fantastic car. I know what you mean about driving it, and I'm always dreaming up an excuse to go out and rack up some miles and smiles.

bruce
February 6th, 2010, 22:41
Was out to a nice dinner last night at a new restaurant and wife and I were discussing personalized license plates. I wrote down "4RNG" as a start and :

wife says "huh"
waiter says " you have an Audi?"
me "yeah"
waiter "What kind ?"
me "RS6"
waiter "an S6?"
me "no ----- "R"S6"
waiter "no way, did you drive it here?"
me (pointing to the side of restaruant) "It's over there"

several minutes later

waiter "wow that's a nice car!!" (as he comes back in restaurant followed by a couple busboys after checking the beast out)
me "uh huh" :cool2:
wife (rolling eyes)

:addict:

DHall1
February 7th, 2010, 03:59
Bruce,

We have to meet up at one of the Audi runs or CA track days. Your wife and mine could share the horror stories. They would have a ball. Too funny

LIRS6
February 7th, 2010, 14:09
Bruce,

We have to meet up at one of the Audi runs or CA track days. Your wife and mine could share the horror stories. They would have a ball. Too funny

Room for my wife too?

Ruergard
February 7th, 2010, 14:17
It's still a classy car, the design and interior materials are still top of the line in my opinion. And what the hell, it's a 4 door 450hp super-saloon that still will do high 4 second runs to 100 km/h. What's there not to like? :addict: :revs:

MaxRS6
February 13th, 2010, 14:32
Another one-

Pulled up past the curb side baggage check- no bags to check- at the airport this morning to drop my mom off. I have the car running and begin to walk with my mom into the terminal, I see a bag porter running from the check in area about a block away. I"m thinking he is trying to chase down a bag fee.

He catches up to us and states "I'm just here to see the car!". He continues and says he has seen me pull through 2 or 3 times in the last couple of months and just goes on about how much he likes the car, brakes, power, etc. I ask him if he is an "Audi freak" and he states he just loves high horsepower cars- and goes on to tell about some of the other cars he has seen. But then- He points at this one and says "But I really like this one!". LOL- as he had been talking about some very nice other cars owned by some local celebs. He goes on about how he likes "This one as he continues to point" because it doesn't look like a race car (i.e. it is a sleeper), and it has awd. He then inquires about some of the specs and then asks "What model is this??" and I kindly reply

:addict:

I've offered him a ride in the beast and he was grinning ear to ear as I pulled away.

BTW- On the way- approached icy bridge and slowed way down- girl pulls up behind, then on the bridge decides to speed up/pass. I say to mom- that is crazy and I point out where there are obvious slide marks ahead- Barely had those words out when- you guessed it- she lost it and slides across the road about 2 car lengths ahead of us eventually sliding her rear end hard into the median divider and back down across barely in front of us as I anticipated what was going to happen. I stop right in front of her, give the horn a couple bumps, give her a big thumbs up, and headed on my way. I saw her limp off at the next exit- Ha!

ben916
February 13th, 2010, 14:51
...I've offered him a ride in the beast and he was grinning ear to ear as I pulled away.

So do you have to clean out the front passenger seat?

MaxRS6
February 13th, 2010, 15:00
^LOL

No yet- he was at work but I told him I would catch up to him soon as the airport is near by.