PDA

View Full Version : Important news! Audi C6 RS6 V10TT available in US

chuckee98
February 5th, 2010, 00:24
Came across this on Quattroworld - no personal affiliation:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/c6a6/msgs/1513.phtml

EDIT by Erik - added the information below to save people's time

They already have the blessing from Audi Germany, Canada and USA to import the new RS6 with the V10 bi-turbo whether Avant or sedan (already a few ordered and sold). They are slightly used (less than 10,000 kilometres/6000 miles), are fully equipped and come with a world warranty of 4 years 80,000 kilometres/50,000 miles (balance of the warranty).

In fact they got their hands on a brand new R8 V10 with only 3 kilometres on it (already sold). It was white with the full CF option!

Approximate prices as follows...

RS4 Avant $70K CAD.

RS6 (stock) for about $115K CAD.

RS6 (MTM modified) with 735 HP and ~580 ft/lbs of torque about $125K CAD. BTW, its top speed was recorded at ~214 mph (344 kph).

R8 V10 about $105K CAD (with full CF option).

They might even get some MTM modified Q7 TDIs with 500 HP.

These cars were demo cars for higher up management at Audi in Ingolstadt.

No maintenance worries either for RS6 owners. Any authorized R8 V10 dealer is capable of servicing the RS6 as per Audi Canada/USA.

Here's the link to MTM's Canadian distributor with more info...

http://www.horchaus.com/Car_imports.html

+

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110020924478/mtm-distributor-horchaus-to-import-audi-rs6s-to-north-america

"The distributor has already brought two RS6 models into North America."

* The ULTIMATE thread about the new Audi RS6 (C6)
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13447&highlight=mtm+rs6

* My visit to MTM and test drive of the MTM RS6 (sorry, only 666 hp at the time...)
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15829&highlight=mtm+rs6

The americans have ran out of excuses with this! Production ends in December 2010, work harder and make sure you get one!

Who will be the first? :D

SAF
February 5th, 2010, 00:31
Oh crap.

DHall1
February 5th, 2010, 00:37
Well that is how a "real" MTM dealer generates demand. Cheers for them.

This is now on my radar screen. The gears are turning.

65k for a used RS4 avant? Ok....I may consider it. Or just get the new S4 avant.

wow

eurotunedrs6
February 5th, 2010, 01:38
I need to hit the lotto. MTM rs6 please!!

rks838
February 5th, 2010, 02:08
Awesome! Had I the money...

mmaturo
February 5th, 2010, 05:56
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo fricking excited, already contacted them and got a response...if only i had the money today i would have a blue one on the way as it is not spoken for. Its real and not that bad price wise at all (thank-you Porsche Panamera...especially Turbo). Looking to do an R8 V10 late this year or early next but this throws a complete wrench into that as i would love to replace my aging beast with a new one...and to think of only having one of barely a handfull eventually here...sold. Hard decision if/when the money shows up. Daily fun all year in a stock or just a little more a 730hp MTM car...wow...or the weekend or special day R8. hmmmm.

mmaturo
February 5th, 2010, 05:57
Well that is how a "real" MTM dealer generates demand. Cheers for them.

This is now on my radar screen. The gears are turning.

65k for a used RS4 avant? Ok....I may consider it. Or just get the new S4 avant.

wow

RS4 Avant. Wow. Satisfies your needs it seems. New S4 avant (are they making them) in the $50s loaded. The RS4 may start at 65K but it is always going to hold well/better in value as it really will be as rare as a car can get.

DHall1
February 5th, 2010, 06:20
Mark,

Give us a run down on the price. How are they getting around the DOT certs?

Crash test ect

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo fricking excited, already contacted them and got a response...if only i had the money today i would have a blue one on the way as it is not spoken for. Its real and not that bad price wise at all (thank-you Porsche Panamera...especially Turbo). Looking to do an R8 V10 late this year or early next but this throws a complete wrench into that as i would love to replace my aging beast with a new one...and to think of only having one of barely a handfull eventually here...sold. Hard decision if/when the money shows up. Daily fun all year in a stock or just a little more a 730hp MTM car...wow...or the weekend or special day R8. hmmmm.

ben916
February 5th, 2010, 06:35
Mark,

Crash test ect

If I remember from what Bigglezworth researched/stated/posted that the Canadian RS6 (2003/2004) numbered around 90. The main import issue from US to CAN was:
1. DRL,
2. KM on the speedo,
3. couple of other safety issues (can't remember).

How the hell did AUDI get the 2 C6's (VA & SW USA somewhere) here if there weren't crash tests? DOT/EPA exemptions?

What about the "octane" myth?

Is this Audi's version of dipping a toe in the pool?

CORN-FUSED...

mmaturo
February 5th, 2010, 06:43
Mark,

Crash test ect

Here is all i know as first email salvo but if this is that easy...wow. Wondering about insurance but other than that...body of email below...he messed up where i live but otherwise...

Hi Mark,

thanks for your email.

I am told the Sedans are hard to find in Europe. It is a low % of the sales it seems. In the lot we could import from this week, the ratio was 5 to 1.

We ordered an electric blue sedan. It is the same color as the Avant on our website.

The process to import to the States is fairly easy. It costs 125 kCAD to get it but that includes the MTM 730 HP package. Without the MTM package, it would be 115 kCAD.

I am not too sure about the tax but technically, it should be tax free since you are from USA and we're not. THe only remaining items would be to investigate the cost of shipping it from Halifax to Colorado or you could drive it from there (not too sure about the distance however...)

Once the car gets to the Halifax port, it gets approved for Canada or for the States. Then it leaves Halifax for the States or continues to Canada.

We sold the one that was supposed to get here directly to a US buyer that offered a deal we simply could not refused!

Would you be interested in our electric blue sedan? We don't have a firm oofer on it as we speak but I have a lot of enquiries.

You can call me if you need more info.

Regards,

--
Francois Beaumont
Horchaus - Performance Tuning
f.beaumont@horchaus.com
www.horchaus.com
Tel: (514) 495-2779
Fax: (514) 495-2779

DHall1
February 5th, 2010, 06:56
Sounds like the Halifax port is the customs point of entry. Or maybe the Canada version of the DOT. How can the Halifax port certify a US DOT entry? I dont see it.

It does sound too simple to be true. We need more info. These cars will not have a US VIN and thus will trigger all sorts of red flags up and down the line.

mmaturo
February 5th, 2010, 07:01
Sounds like the Halifax port is the customs point of entry. Or maybe the Canada version of the DOT. How can the Halifax port certify a US DOT entry? I dont see it.

It does sound too simple to be true. We need more info. These cars will not have a US VIN and thus will trigger all sorts of red flags up and down the line.

If i moved forward with this I would ask for the first US owner's contact info just to confirm the process as he saw it. Wish i had the cash now, i am so pumped i would be really working on it immediately. I would even take the obnoxious blue cop bait color that's not me but what the hell when you are one of one. See me dammit as i blow your arse away. MTM version... sure...give me the badge...its my initials actually.

DHall1
February 5th, 2010, 07:07
yeah sure give me the 730hp RS6.

R1
February 5th, 2010, 09:56
hel yah i'll sell my house

haha j/k

snoopra
February 5th, 2010, 13:24
$116K for a MTM RS 6-R? Is this forrrealss?

AudiRS4ever
February 5th, 2010, 14:19
I am hoping someone on this forum does it so we can all find out if it is indeed easy, if the cars are indeed as perfect as they say, and also if there are any issues registering it. I also thought that the FSI motors were dumbed down for the US, because of our sulfer content. Therefor I would believe that you would have to reflash the ECU so it isn't running the FSI as strong. However, this was a long time ago when I heard that.
All things considered, I am very interested in an RS4 Avant.

SAFE4NOW
February 5th, 2010, 14:23
DRL - Check, easy to do
Speedo Swap- Check Easy to do
" Other Safety Items " - now's THAT's the kicker...

Like Dave mentioned, how to get around the DOT/VIN plate?

Subscribed , this may bump the R8 down the 2010's bucket list...

Steve

mmaturo
February 5th, 2010, 16:32
DRL - Check, easy to do
Speedo Swap- Check Easy to do
" Other Safety Items " - now's THAT's the kicker...

Like Dave mentioned, how to get around the DOT/VIN plate?

Subscribed , this may bump the R8 down the 2010's bucket list...

Steve

Bumped my R8 thoughts, i am really interested to the point that later this year i will fully look at it once the fundage exists.. but not just yet. Having just had fun this morning with an E55 in front of me that tried to run, but couldn't (no op for me to get around but as usual those types don't expect whatever it is behind them to keep on their ass)...I would love an even more alien attacker that they would NEVER expect....hehehehe <laugh of evil scientist>

SAF
February 5th, 2010, 16:46
As I said on one of the QW threads, the biggest "if" is a warranty in the states. Without that, this is not even a pipe dream.

bruce
February 5th, 2010, 17:39
Options:

- move to Canada

- do like DH does and just register in Canada

- the Canadian border is pretty porous. (hint)

- change the badging to A4

Seriously, I think the move from Canada to US is not too hard. I had a 911 that started in Canada and ended in Calif. I didn't do it, but I'm guessing one wouldn't if it's too expensive... Good luck.

DHall1
February 5th, 2010, 18:40
I can smell a border run...

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/breakout.jpg?t=1265394645

bruce
February 5th, 2010, 18:58
Also, most cars imported to Canada are "North American" models and meet both US and Canada emission and safety standards, with very minor differences, some you may have noted. Here is an article on why this doesn't happen much.....

http://www.allbusiness.com/legal/contracts-agreements-sales/976697-1.html

Toepincher
February 6th, 2010, 04:03
I think all of you should read the information about importing non-conforming vehicles at this link. The newest Audi on the list is a 2003 RS6 Avant. This was discussed in a thread several months back. The list in this link is updated through 12/31/09.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/elig123109.pdf

A very good source of importing information is http://willz.ca/. Will Zaraska has been importing mainly BMWs from Europe to the US and Canada for probably 10years. His web site has a very good importation section.

Please, before you spend dollar one be sure these car can be certified in the US

skribe
February 6th, 2010, 04:20
No sales tax? F--k me, talk about an incentive. :applause:

skribe
February 6th, 2010, 04:22
Options:

- move to Canada

- do like DH does and just register in Canada

- the Canadian border is pretty porous. (hint)

- change the badging to A4

Seriously, I think the move from Canada to US is not too hard. I had a 911 that started in Canada and ended in Calif. I didn't do it, but I'm guessing one wouldn't if it's too expensive... Good luck.

When is the last time you were pulled over by a cop who would know if you rebadged your RS6 as a Ford Taurus, much less would check your VIN #.

Just sayin.

DHall1
February 6th, 2010, 16:16
That gives me an idea.

If this company is importing "used" C6 RS6s and other Audi products.

What is not to stop them importing a C5 RS6 avant? These have even been approved by DOT with minor changes. I would trust this MTM dealer to make my deposit and start the ball rolling.

Hmmmm

Sales tax....who pays sales tax. I pee on sales tax.

MaxRS6
February 6th, 2010, 16:25
^^ LOL ^^

I'll keep my umbrella handy. Don't you need a new corporate international car to carry your "business records" and reduce the tax coffers further...;)

V8weight
February 6th, 2010, 16:27
That gives me an idea.

What is not to stop them importing a C5 RS6 avant? These have even been approved by DOT with minor changes. I would trust this MTM dealer to make my deposit and start the ball rolling.

Hmmmm

Even better idea, make sure you get the car "Grizzed" before it's imported over.:hahahehe:

MaxRS6
February 6th, 2010, 16:30
Are those Millteks or did they come from Fonzi's car??

I can smell a border run...

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/breakout.jpg?t=1265394645

V8weight
February 6th, 2010, 16:41
Holy cow Randy, look at that post count fly, I better get busy or I going to be left in the dust.

MaxRS6
February 6th, 2010, 16:48
^^ Awwww- thanks for noticing my hard work...LOL

Only problem is that 99% of my posts have no useful information. I am the carbon buildup for the RS6 forum...

V8weight
February 6th, 2010, 16:59
^^ Awwww- thanks for noticing my hard work...LOL

Only problem is that 99% of my posts have no useful information. I am the carbon buildup for the RS6 forum...
LOL at carbon buildup:lovl: Well, there's an abundance of useful posts already, everybody needs a clown. I would have more posts, but you'll notice that I'm not signed on for about 9 hours a day 5 days a week.......what's that all about?

MaxRS6
February 6th, 2010, 17:24
LOL- I have dual monitors and makes it easy to have the forum up while I'm tending to other business.

DHall1
February 6th, 2010, 17:38
Too funny

I run dual monitors as well. 2 for the PC and 2 for the laptop.

V8weight
February 6th, 2010, 18:00
Too funny

I run dual monitors as well. 2 for the PC and 2 for the laptop.
LOL, yeah, Dave's setup is everything I imagined. He doesn't just sit at the computer, it's more like a forum/work command center.
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/Large_command_center_Small.jpg

bruce
February 8th, 2010, 23:50
That gives me an idea.

Hmmmm

From their website:

"We can also import any other type of vehicles: S3, RS4s (Avant or Cabriolet), R8s, Q7 TDI, etc. Just tell us what you want and we will get it for you at a very reasonnable price."

http://www.horchaus.com/Car_imports.html

Nothing to it.....:applause:

DHall1
February 9th, 2010, 00:41
Bruce,

I did notice that part. The wheels are turning on my end.

RS4 avant ....hmmmm

quattrogeek
February 9th, 2010, 05:52
Hmmm...this is interesting. Gonna contact horchaus for further info.

Tony Lam
February 10th, 2010, 14:03
Canadian firm Horchaus has begun importing several Audi vehicles into North America. The company is focusing on models not available in that region, including the Audi RS6 Avant, RS6 Sedn.....:addict: and the price is very good too!! !!!

absent
February 10th, 2010, 14:33
http://www.worldcarfans.com/110020924478/mtm-distributor-horchaus-to-import-audi-rs6s-to-north-america

Sounds too good to be true,almost like April Fools day but I hope it is true.
The numbers though are the hardest to believe,110k Canadian $???
10k for a engine upgrade to 735hp?????

Erik
February 10th, 2010, 15:15
absent, are you getting one...? :)

MTM only charges about the same for the upgrade.

absent
February 10th, 2010, 15:30
absent, are you getting one...? :)

MTM only charges about the same for the upgrade.
I am truly,seriously considering dumping my Speed and getting the RS6 as daily driver (with the upgrade of course).
I have to find a buyer for the Bentley though,always traded in before.

Hy Octane
February 10th, 2010, 18:08
Good luck getting it serviced here.
We've already seen how poorly they did here with an exclusive car they actually supposedly trained techs to fix.. Cant imagine the nightmare of having one of these in the USA.

SAF
February 10th, 2010, 18:21
Good luck getting it serviced here.
We've already seen how poorly they did here with an exclusive car they actually supposedly trained techs to fix.. Cant imagine the nightmare of having one of these in the USA.

X2. The added expense of anything and everything that these cars will need maintanence wise for years to come, with zero AoA support will be like another car payment on top of the purchase price.

gdavison
February 10th, 2010, 18:42
http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=4758098

Interesting read .. however not clean cut as walking into a dealer and buying one

SAF
February 10th, 2010, 19:02
I deleted the thread I started after being "admonished" for trying to be helpful .. I'll stay on the UK forums from now on

C'mon, "admonished" is not quite right.

"Ribbed" might be more accurate. Happens all over the net with reposts. So please reconsider.

Erik
February 10th, 2010, 19:19
Moderators

Can we please combine the 6 different threads about the C6 RS6 to North America?

We have this problem because nobody can post a proper subject title.

Yes I will do my best. But everyone please understand that this forum is run for free (with the kind of help from members now and then) and that all moderators have a life aside. I just tucked my children to bed. (and opened a beer) :D

I deleted the thread I started after being "admonished" for trying to be helpful .. I'll stay on the UK forums from now on

The server is in Sweden, so this is actually a swedish forum altough I prefer to call it "international".

I hope you can reconsider and stay...

PLEASE NOTE: We will moderate threads harder from now on, so that people can learn how to type a proper topic.

"Look here" etc. is not good enough. Please respect other people's time!

Erik
February 10th, 2010, 19:27
OK, I have now merged a couple of threads plus erased a few unneccesary posts to clean up . In the future please write a topic that makes sense and check if it has been posted before. Reposts aren't the biggest issue in life, we have a few each week. Just report the thread, we get an email and we'll look into it as soon as we can.

Now back to the fun...

Everyone in the US who has complained about not being able to get the Audi RS6 V10TT, it seems you just ran out of excuses. Work harder...!!!

There are already two in the US. Please hunt them down and make them members here so they can tell everyone about their experience.

DHall1
February 10th, 2010, 19:41
Thanks Erik!

The subject title goal is a good one. It saves time all around.

Davison....I enjoy reading your posts. Its fun to read from owners overseas. We love ya.

Erik
February 10th, 2010, 19:45
Who can make the call and find out more?

http://www.horchaus.com/Contactus.html

Thanks!

RXBG
February 10th, 2010, 19:47
the problem is the servicing and the warranty. the warranty folks.

:doh:

Erik
February 10th, 2010, 19:50
the problem is the servicing and the warranty. the warranty folks.

Hey, learn to see :brag: the possibilities not :nono: the problems

DHall1
February 10th, 2010, 20:09
These carry Audi world warranty.

Audi has modified these to comply with North America DOT. I think this is a go...back door entry into USA.

The C6 A6 avant has been crash tested for USA. Its a matter of Audi making sure the correct headlamps ect are installed in these cars.

RXBG
February 10th, 2010, 20:15
Hey, learn to see :brag: the possibilities not :nono: the problems

the possibility of problems just sucks though Erik. however, if the warranty really is provided then for sure this is the car i would have bought the wifey instead of the rover.

SAF
February 10th, 2010, 21:13
These carry Audi world warranty.

Audi has modified these to comply with North America DOT.

The C6 A6 avant has been crash tested for USA.

Dave, what backs up these statements besides other posts on other threads?

gdavison
February 10th, 2010, 21:46
yes I'm still here (suitable sorry for my angst earlier)

all I have to say is ....

http://www.skampsweb.net/nolinks/pics/Guzzle_clean3_resize.JPG

ben916
February 10th, 2010, 21:48
yes I'm still here (suitable sorry for my angst earlier)

http://www.skampsweb.net/nolinks/pics/Guzzle_clean3_resize.JPG

That pretty much trumps all of us in the US except for the 2 lucky ones... and a future owner or two in this dealio...

Al Pettee
February 10th, 2010, 21:55
I heard about this arrangement for importing these vehicles for NA from Francois at Horchaus since last fall, and I do not have further info. on warranty issues for cars in the USA. I have been interested in getting a C6 RS6 saloon/sedan myself with MTM's 730HP kit, but the question for me is whether I would get bored with the Tip tranny, and MTM-Germany doesn't show interest in converting the tranny to a manual. I will say from my RS4 MTM supercharger purchase and installation experience that Francois coordinated that it was a pleasure working with him on that project and the car runs like stink.

Audi RS4 MTM SC Fly-by
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C8qbmxGF2c

0-100mph in < 8 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUhX4Exu6N8

:rs4addict :race: :incar:

gdavison
February 10th, 2010, 21:57
Ben916 .. I have to ask., location in San Diego .. do you work for Q ?

SAF
February 10th, 2010, 22:06

[IMG of beautiful car]

Left me speechless!

Erik
February 10th, 2010, 22:09
but the question for me is whether I would get bored with the Tip tranny, and MTM-Germany doesn't show interest in converting the tranny to a manual.

I don't know your driving habits, but I don't think you'll get bored.

The MTM upgrade plus the tip tranny makes quite an addictive sound when upshifting. :love2:

Remember, BMW made the M5 E60 with manual for the US and my memory of it was: BIG FAIL!

Ricoloco
February 10th, 2010, 22:09
I have had quite a lot of cars, and a lot of S and RS Audis. If you could get your hands on a C6 RS6, tune it with MTM, you will own one of the best DD ever.

Its the best car I´ve ever had, Lambo included (all aspects included)

Ricoloco
February 10th, 2010, 22:10
I don't know your driving habits, but I don't think you'll get bored.

The MTM upgrade plus the tip tranny makes quite an addictive sound when upshifting. :love2:

Indeed. Major addictive sound. Like "Scotty, beam me up"...

DHall1
February 10th, 2010, 22:11
Well, we all know the C6 A6 avant has been crash tested in the USA. I can walk down to the local Audi dealer and order the car.

So I assume the claims of this MTM dealer in Canada are somewhat legit when they say Audi Germany is willing to outfit the C6 RS6 to meet these standards.

If this were not the case...this MTM dealer in Canada would have a short life because any sour deals will spread like wildfire thru the forums.

It also goes back to the DOT cert for the C5 RS6 avant. There were some very basic changes needed to get the avant into the US. But how many of us on the street were willing to take that leap.

So I would give some weight to this dealers claims. Not to say I would just hand over 115k. But, its worth further checking

Dave, what backs up these statements besides other posts on other threads?

gdavison
February 10th, 2010, 22:14
Sorry .. gone/going senile .. I meant to post under pic of the car a line that said ..."just do it .. you know you want to"

If you guys in the USA can get one .. some how .. some way .. and its "logical .. ok IGNORE 17 mpg logical". I promise you .. you will love it

ben916
February 10th, 2010, 23:00
Ben916 .. I have to ask., location in San Diego .. do you work for Q ?

Off/T..

Do you mean Qualcomm? No, but I have ALOT of friends that work there... wait a gosh darn second...
<light bulb goes on>...
What am I doing working for Arnold???

Slightly off/T..
Has there been a thread where someone had a C5 and moved up to a C6???

Back ON/Topic...
Also which location would service the C6's that trickle in?
Or is it like the Veyron? (ship the tires back to France for new rubber and mounting $25k USD)...

Skaala
February 11th, 2010, 10:08
$125K CAD is a nice price...due to our taxes in Norway, the same car is around $580k CAD here....

Can you still get the recaro seats and flat bottom steeringwheel whit this kind of import?

Qisha
February 11th, 2010, 10:14
Dear Friends,

i was reading through this and would like to point a few things out:

They already have the blessing from Audi Germany, Canada and USA to import the new RS6 with the V10 bi-turbo whether Avant or sedan

Definately not!

No maintenance worries either for RS6 owners. Any authorized R8 V10 dealer is capable of servicing the RS6 as per Audi Canada/USA.

No certified Audi dealer within the USA or Canada does have all necessary equipment, not talking about specific knowledge and backround information.

I know many of you are frustrated about not having the opportunity to buy a RS6 C6 and feel sorry for that. As inviting as it may sound, i would highly recommend to not buy one as there is no factory warranty at all within the USA and/or Canada for the listed cars with EU specs. Even if a insurance covers the factory warranty, equipment for repair and at first the missing techs with relevant knowledge are not "covered".

As hard it is, please admit some time.... more RS cars are coming to the USA, on regular basis.

Qisha

PS: to me all this "Press information" about importing R,RS cars looks like a way to check the market for it.

absent
February 11th, 2010, 12:26
Checked with Audi Exchange.
No trained techs,no diagnostic equipment (R8 V10 is not suitable for RS6),no warranty coverage of any kind.
For a daily driver I need a better security net that that.....

DHall1
February 11th, 2010, 14:12
Thank you Qisha,

I guess that blows the ship out of the water.

Back to plan A for me. We will know in exactly 2 days if Plan A works out. Stay tuned.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/shipoufofwater.jpg?t=1265896718

RXBG
February 11th, 2010, 14:18
i TOLD U SO PEOPLE.

V8weight
February 11th, 2010, 16:11
Thank you Qisha,

I guess that blows the ship out of the water.

Back to plan A for me. We will know in exactly 2 days if Plan A works out. Stay tuned.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/shipoufofwater.jpg?t=1265896718
LOL at Dave, chomppin at the bit.

gdavison
February 11th, 2010, 19:52
Off topic sorry

Off/T..

Do you mean Qualcomm? No, but I have ALOT of friends that work there... wait a gosh darn second...
<light bulb="" goes="" on="">...
What am I doing working for Arnold???

Yup meant Qualcomm .. I drop into San Diego about once every 6 weeks .. Usually when it rains for you :)

</light>

mmaturo
February 11th, 2010, 19:52
Dear Friends,

As hard it is, please admit some time.... more RS cars are coming to the USA, on regular basis.

Qisha

Audi is pissing some of us off thouroughly. I have waited long enough (4 1/2 -5 years with no replacement for my RS6...no top TT model to use as a track/fun car to replace my old one....sorry TTS is not enough if TTRS exists...so Cayman or new Boxster Speedster are very intriguing to me and now the likely choice. I have the money to throw at what ever Audi sends so i still do not understand why they did not send the RS6...I think 70 percent of your first RS6 owners would have jumped and who knows how many new customers when spec to spec with the AMGs and Panamera. I intend to buy a V10 R8 but i still need a sedan...so i would buy both ideally. S8 is not quite what i want for a daily beast.

I'm as loyal a customer as it gets 4 Audi's in, but i am now finally looking at other choices as i need cars sooner than later. Waiting from 03/04 to 2011 is a real joke. I would have already replaced my RS6 if i didn't live in the great white north and require quattro...E63 is starting to look good to me.

Soooooo what are we getting...been waiting forever for the RS5 and now my life is changing (remarrying, likelihood of kids within two years) where a larger 4 door is a better move...oh well. TTRS finally at the end of its life cycle?? Some A7 version probably well into the future? Sorry but the RS4 was not enough for 2006 to 2009 and now beyond to 2011. WTF.

MaxRS6
February 11th, 2010, 20:04
^^ Well stated

Benman
February 11th, 2010, 20:10
^^^^Ditto^^^^

Ben:addict:

DHall1
February 11th, 2010, 20:13
Mark,

Buy my RS6. It just turned 30k and is fully covered for 5 more years.

No brainer.

ben916
February 11th, 2010, 20:30
Mark,

No brainer.

Whatchutalkinboutwillus?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx318/ben916_rs6/diff1.jpg?t=1265919503

SAF
February 11th, 2010, 20:43
Thank you for your input Qisha.

I have been posting that assumption since day one, and you finally confirmed it.

If it sounds too good to be true, blah blah blah.

DHall1
February 11th, 2010, 21:39
Party poopers

absent
February 11th, 2010, 22:24
Audi is pissing some of us off thouroughly. I have waited long enough (4 1/2 -5 years with no replacement for my RS6...no top TT model to use as a track/fun car to replace my old one....sorry TTS is not enough if TTRS exists...so Cayman or new Boxster Speedster are very intriguing to me and now the likely choice. I have the money to throw at what ever Audi sends so i still do not understand why they did not send the RS6...I think 70 percent of your first RS6 owners would have jumped and who knows how many new customers when spec to spec with the AMGs and Panamera. I intend to buy a V10 R8 but i still need a sedan...so i would buy both ideally. S8 is not quite what i want for a daily beast.

I'm as loyal a customer as it gets 4 Audi's in, but i am now finally looking at other choices as i need cars sooner than later. Waiting from 03/04 to 2011 is a real joke. I would have already replaced my RS6 if i didn't live in the great white north and require quattro...E63 is starting to look good to me.

Soooooo what are we getting...been waiting forever for the RS5 and now my life is changing (remarrying, likelihood of kids within two years) where a larger 4 door is a better move...oh well. TTRS finally at the end of its life cycle?? Some A7 version probably well into the future? Sorry but the RS4 was not enough for 2006 to 2009 and now beyond to 2011. WTF.

Great description of my own position re Audi ,too.
I keep spending a lot of $$ for the past 6-7 years on all the "other" makes,still waiting for that elusive Audi sedan that never came (and nothing on the horizon yet).

skribe
February 11th, 2010, 22:42

+3.

Maybe a C6 A6 3.0T with the new MTM M-Cantronic program (435 hp) could be a stop-gap for those of us who want a newer car.

DHall, you could get that in an avant... coilovers and 19"s...

Actually that sounds pretty damn good now that I'm thinking about it.

DHall1
February 11th, 2010, 23:02
Yep,

Wait till you see what I have smokin in the cooker.

+3.

Maybe a C6 A6 3.0T with the new MTM M-Cantronic program (435 hp) could be a stop-gap for those of us who want a newer car.

DHall, you could get that in an avant... coilovers and 19"s...

Actually that sounds pretty damn good now that I'm thinking about it.

AndyBG
February 11th, 2010, 23:17
If I live in US, and I want RS 6, and I can get my hands on one, I wouldn't wait for a second!

90% of you will be doing some kind of tuning on it, and in any case you will loose factory warranty. If that importer wants to give some kind of warranty, go for the RS 6!!!

There want be that kind of beast (5.0l V10 biturbo) any time soon again!

SpinEcho
February 11th, 2010, 23:41

Amen to the above! I am no longer a member of the VAG fold for these exact reasons. I waited and waited for an RS6 replacement, but with none forthcoming , I walked away from my Beast last fall. Entice people to buy your flagship performance sedan then tell them they can't have the next model. Not a good way to ensure a lifelong customer...

As for the MTM import, I like my $6 figure new cars with warranties and free factory service, so thanks but no thanks.

V8weight
February 11th, 2010, 23:50
Mark,

No brainer.

Yep,
Wait till you see what I have smokin in the cooker.
Alright, what the hell are you up to now? I don't even know about this one.

SAF
February 11th, 2010, 23:51
As for the MTM import, I like my $6 figure new cars with warranties and free factory service, so thanks but no thanks.

My sentiments exactly. And to think these cars wouldn't have their share of issues, dream on (weren't they saying they were low milage demos? Yikes!)

DHall1
February 11th, 2010, 23:58
I was pulling his chain. hahah

No way I would ever sell my car.

Now if that damn UPS driver would get here with my ECU...I need to go find a GT-R to race.

Alright, what the hell are you up to now? I don't even know about this one.

SAF
February 12th, 2010, 00:06

Now if that damn UPS driver would get here with my ECU...I need to go find a GT-R to race.

Awaiting report on your experience!

ben916
February 12th, 2010, 00:14

So you made me go find Arnold from Diff'nt Strokes AND the signature saying for nuttin'?????

If one was to hit the lottery in the immediate future, depending on the amount, it might be worth it to get this C6, if it isn't a myth...
But I think there are quite a few, as exhibited by this and other threads, in North America (minus Mexico) that aren't Kwai Chang Caine-ing another 4 years for a C6.

Also, someone stated that there ISN'T the ability, yet, to service/warranty the C6 in N.A.? How are the 2 that are in the US getting service then??? Flying them back to Germany?

It seems ironic that Merc, BMW, Bugatti can high HP cars on ±91 pump gas and not have an issue.

MaxRS6
February 12th, 2010, 00:28
Dang- I was just about to make a offer. My little girl gets her permit soon and needs something to get away from the little boys/raging hormones..LOL

V8weight
February 12th, 2010, 00:38
Dang- I was just about to make a offer. My little girl gets her permit soon and needs something to get away from the little boys/raging hormones..LOL
I could just see Dave tossing and turning at night knowing that his car had been purchased as a vessel for drivers training.

MaxRS6
February 12th, 2010, 00:43
^^LOL- She has actually been driving mine around w/ me as co-pilot. Of course, we have kept it under 80 so far as she is only 14, and the park we tool around in has relatively short straights..;0

SAF
February 12th, 2010, 01:06
My 16 yo daughter drives mine often. It's my son I don't trust.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4344720263_b4471cd432_b.jpg

MaxRS6
February 12th, 2010, 01:38
^ That's great! It would be a hoot to have them meet up some time at one of the Audi teen driving events. My dad said the same thing about his kids- and he was right- LOL

Al Pettee
February 12th, 2010, 02:14
Amen to the above! I am no longer a member of the VAG fold for these exact reasons. I waited and waited for an RS6 replacement, but with none forthcoming , I walked away from my Beast last fall. Entice people to buy your flagship performance sedan then tell them they can't have the next model. Not a good way to ensure a lifelong customer...

Even without warranty, it doesn't mean the cars can't be serviced. It's not as though the cars were made on Pluto (even though that's what it seems like to us North Americans, LOL). Sure, I understand the financial risk without warranty coverage, but a good Audi dealer service tech. or an Indy can handle repairs and get parts when needed. Just my $0.02.

bb
February 12th, 2010, 02:34
Even without warranty, it doesn't mean the cars can't be serviced. It's not as though the cars were made on Pluto (even though that's what it seems like to us North Americans, LOL). Sure, I understand the financial risk without warranty coverage, but a good Audi dealer service tech. or an Indy can handle repairs and get parts when needed. Just my $0.02.

Totally agree +1
I have a 3 year warranty on my C6 RS6, and I'm assuming that having a car that costs as much as the RS6 shouldn't have significant problems at least the first 3 years. In terms of servicing, I think the engine is similar to other Audi/Lambo engines so it shouldn't be a big deal!

skribe
February 12th, 2010, 04:33
Hmmm... pay six figures for a new car with no warranty and be at the mercy of the $tealership at $190/hr + full retail on exotic parts?

In the US, dealerships are geared to screw you on service, they make more money there than they do on sales.

If I pay that much for a new car, I want a big, bad, iron-clad warranty that lets me tell the $tealership toolbags where to go for the first couple years.

Having said that, If I had unlimited money, I wouldn't give a shit, I'd be all about having one of three C6 RS6's in America.