PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Torque converter failure

audibiturbo
February 4th, 2010, 13:08
Hello, everyone

Finally, time to get new torque converter,

anyone had experience ACEconverter(http://aceconverter.com/)?

or should i go IPT?

plz give me info

Thank you

AudiRS4ever
February 4th, 2010, 14:36
Hello, everyone

Finally, time to get new torque converter,

anyone had experience ACEconverter(http://aceconverter.com/)?

or should i go IPT?

plz give me info

Thank you

If/When my goes out I think I am going to go with Tozo. I think that's his name. It's whoever P3U used. He seemed to understand the car and the tranny a lot better than anyone else did. Just my .02

surferdude
February 4th, 2010, 15:57
I would agree that Tozo (his name is Gabor) is the guy to go to. I've been emailing him back and forth about rebuilding mine, and if you read all of his posts on here or the other forums, he clearly knows his stuff. E-mail him at Tozoa8@yahoo.com

eurotunedrs6
February 4th, 2010, 17:07
Does he just do standard rebuilds or does he beef the transmissions up a bit?

surferdude
February 4th, 2010, 17:25
He can do a standard rebuild, but I'm sure he would recommend a stronger rebuild. Contact him, let him know I sent ya ;) Good luck with it!

SAF
February 5th, 2010, 00:50
I like surferdude's recommendations.

V8weight
February 5th, 2010, 00:55
Don't forget to flush that trans fluid afterwards.

p3u
February 5th, 2010, 06:03
If/When my goes out I think I am going to go with Tozo. I think that's his name. It's whoever P3U used. He seemed to understand the car and the tranny a lot better than anyone else did. Just my .02

If you are serious about getting it rebuilt call him, and when your head is spinning from everything he told you, you will have no doubt he knows the 5hp24 better then anyone on the planet.

p3u
February 5th, 2010, 06:05
He can do a standard rebuild, but I'm sure he would recommend a stronger rebuild. Contact him, let him know I sent ya ;) Good luck with it!

Hey, if you contact him let him know I sent you! :jlol: I was the guinea pig :mech:

snoopra
February 5th, 2010, 11:41
I'm in the process of negotiating shipping quotes to have mine sent to tozo(full upgrade).

surferdude
February 5th, 2010, 22:36
Hey, if you contact him let him know I sent you! :jlol: I was the guinea pig :mech:

Yeah, tell him p3u sent ya, he's the one that took the chance and dropped the first wad of $$, thank god for guinea pigs! Sorry p3u, didn't mean to steal your thunda!:vgrumpy:

RS6VA
February 8th, 2010, 22:01
mine is in the shop as i write this, going by the dealer tomorrow to check things out. I am having them correct a few other things like leaky hoses and valve covers. Is there anything else to have them look at while the motor and trans are out?

paul_23
February 10th, 2010, 08:11
I got an ACE converter and Andre there seems to know his stuff about TCs but I think mine was the first RS6 he has done. You will need to send him your TC (like IPT).

So far I am happy with it. Good road manners.

Audi42LV8
February 12th, 2010, 20:41
Go for IPT, got my transmission rebuild kit from them. Its crazy

V8weight
February 12th, 2010, 22:27
Go for IPT, got my transmission rebuild kit from them. Its crazy
Do some searching around here. We've been around the block a few times with ITP.

MaxRS6
February 12th, 2010, 22:40
Ty- the customer rep - at IPT is a flippin idjut- I like the tranny I got from them to date. However; Ty's word is not worth the air expelled. I have a variety of emails that document what I say about his various statements. I don't even trust his name is Ty even though that is what he calls himself. I am not alone in this opinion. I sent John (owner of IPT) a letter (via fed ex with delivery proof) about the poor Ty experience after I received my tranny back, and did not even receive a reply. Therefore; I don't rank them very high in customer service.

My less than .03 worth

650RS
February 13th, 2010, 05:06
Ace Converters are getting my business!

MaxRS6
February 13th, 2010, 12:29
I look foward to your feedback about their work/service.