PDA

View Full Version : last one: apollo silver exterior- which wheels?

RXBG
February 4th, 2010, 00:40
standard 5 spoke finish or titanium 5 spoke?

car will have cf blades.

can't decide if i want a bit of contrast vs car color or not.

opinions?

KresoF1
February 4th, 2010, 07:20
PQK 19" Titanium.

queeneli
February 4th, 2010, 11:06
Titanium

Ruergard
February 4th, 2010, 12:51
Titanium, no doubt.

RXBG
February 4th, 2010, 14:41
well then titanium it is. does anyone know the code for apollo silver? Qisha- i believe mine will be the only R8 produced so far with that exterior color, right?

KresoF1
February 4th, 2010, 14:57
Apollo Silver Metallic Y38

RXBG
February 4th, 2010, 15:05
Kreso- what DON'T you know?

:cool2:

KresoF1
February 4th, 2010, 15:20
Kreso- what DON'T you know?

:cool2:

When will Audi put official RS5 pics on web for example...

For example I saw official memo about RS5 demo car order for German dealers. Far too many people saw official specs. BUT, Audi is still holding embargo on RS5-what a st.pid decision...

Back OT-about R8 pretty much everything...:hahahehe::R8::deal:

Qisha
February 4th, 2010, 17:55
well then titanium it is. does anyone know the code for apollo silver? Qisha- i believe mine will be the only R8 produced so far with that exterior color, right?

Dear RXBG,

not any more, sorry.

Choose Oolong Grey metallic. Fantastic color! :0:

http://rs6.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180894&postcount=434

Qisha

RXBG
February 4th, 2010, 18:02
Qisha- how many apollos are there? any pics? the oolong is nice but would not contrast enough with the CF blades. and hides the lines of the car too much.

KresoF1
February 4th, 2010, 18:24
Qisha- how many apollos are there? any pics? the oolong is nice but would not contrast enough with the CF blades. and hides the lines of the car too much.

Fully agree with you.
Oolong is just too dark for R8.

Further choices:

Avus Silver Pearleffect(unique pearleffect silver with small pink tone)

or

Monza Silver Metallic(small blue tone inside)

RXBG
February 4th, 2010, 19:05
Kreso- will stick with apollo. avus is old news. monza can be had on an A4 s-line in the USA.

can't believe Qisha held out on us re: apollo- where are the pics ? :)

w00d00
February 5th, 2010, 10:25
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2477/3578575773_ce43b8a502_b.jpg

Mockenrue
February 5th, 2010, 10:36
That's absolutely stunning. :heart: I still maintain that silver is the best colour for the R8. :R8kiss:

RXBG
February 5th, 2010, 15:37
w00- that is apollo on the sideblades. i am talking about the car itself in apollo.

Qisha
February 9th, 2010, 21:40
Dear RXBG,

after a little insight, i got good and bad news:

...the bad one: no pictures R8 with full body color Apollo silver (LY38).

...the good one: due to the fact that the order via Audi exclusive has never been processed.

In short terms... you will have the first one- yet.

Qisha

RXBG
February 9th, 2010, 21:49
Q- in your opinion- will the std or titanium finish 5 spoke wheels look better with that color?

Qisha
February 9th, 2010, 21:59
Dear RXBG,

i would choose a unique Version, 10-Spoke Y-Design in Titan finish, 8,5 J x 19 front, 11 J x 19 back, with Tires 235/35 R 19 front and 305/30 R 19 back.

If you like the idea... we need to talk about a "order code". ;)

Qisha

PS: if not, take the 5 star double spoke wheels in Titan finish.

roadrunner
February 11th, 2010, 15:55
Whatever wheel style you go for - recommend Titanium finish as well. Will go well with the carbon parts :heart:

RXBG
February 12th, 2010, 18:42
what do you guys think about classic red interior with the apollo exterior and titanium wheels?

KresoF1
February 12th, 2010, 18:56
Hmm... My original idea was either Apollo Silver or Suzuka Grey with Classic Red/Black Audi Exclusive Package 1.
http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Events/Geneva%20Motorshow/2009/01%20Audi%20Stand%20-%20Show%20Photos/088.jpg
Just choose Classic Red for seats and lower door panels as on this pic(I would also advice Back stitching for seats-will look in harmony with other Back leather/Black stitching).
BTW, front trunk is also covered with Classic Red Alcantara...

RXBG
February 12th, 2010, 19:05
does anyone know if the std option "red" interior in the US is classic red or another kind of red?

KresoF1
February 12th, 2010, 19:17
does anyone know if the std option "red" interior in the US is classic red or another kind of red?

Standard Red leather for all markets is the one you can see in Graphite Grey R8 V10 thread here on rs6.com

Classic Red is a special offer from Audi Exclusive-only available to order with Audi Exclusive Package 1 or Package 2.

RXBG
February 12th, 2010, 19:24
Kreso- the pics are hard to see. std leather seems to be a bright red leather. might clash with the apollo.

KresoF1
February 13th, 2010, 08:40
Kreso- the pics are hard to see. std leather seems to be a bright red leather. might clash with the apollo.

Then a visit to you Audi dealer seems to be a good idea?

They have samples of standard Red leather and Apollo side blades. You can put them side by side on direct sun lights and in interior(shadow like) ambient.

You personally need to see the leather color that you plan to order.

PeterJohn
February 13th, 2010, 12:32
Dark wheels are starting to look tacky to me.

RXBG
February 14th, 2010, 00:57
Then a visit to you Audi dealer seems to be a good idea?

They have samples of standard Red leather and Apollo side blades. You can put them side by side on direct sun lights and in interior(shadow like) ambient.

You personally need to see the leather color that you plan to order.

i understand that. unfortunately there are no leather samples at the local dealer. hence my predicament.

mmaturo
February 14th, 2010, 07:35
what do you guys think about classic red interior with the apollo exterior and titanium wheels?

Do it. I am doing it sort of...question about another color coming in a second

mmaturo
February 14th, 2010, 07:42
Qisha since you are floating around on this thread...I am hoping i can do my R8 V10 Audi Exclusive with a leather that was only used once as far as i know in Audi's anyway... It was the 'Moccasin Red' used in the 2000 Neiman Marcus Edition TT coupe sold in the US... do you think i can special order it????? My dealer has no idea.

I would like the seats, and door panels this color then matching stitching on the rest of the black details in the interior.

Other wise I'm going a regular red with phantom black or ibis white.

Qisha
February 14th, 2010, 10:57
Qisha since you are floating around on this thread...I am hoping i can do my R8 V10 Audi Exclusive with a leather that was only used once as far as i know in Audi's anyway... It was the 'Moccasin Red' used in the 2000 Neiman Marcus Edition TT coupe sold in the US... do you think i can special order it????? My dealer has no idea.

I would like the seats, and door panels this color then matching stitching on the rest of the black details in the interior.

Other wise I'm going a regular red with phantom black or ibis white.

Dear mmaturo,

i will have to doublecheck if "Nappa leather Mocassin" is still available through Audi exclusive. It was a popular choice with exterior color Nimbus grey or blue-ish colors:

Qisha

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/123/bild42789.jpg

mmaturo
February 14th, 2010, 16:38
If you could i would appreciate HEAVILY it. I feel like my moccasin red in the NM coupe was a bit more burnt orange than the baseball version you show here (although this is from a coupe as a special order and not the roadster that came with the baseball so the more i look at this pic it looks close) but if it comes down to a yes I still have my gear shift with the exact leather i am after from my violently departed NM TT. Its not on the current list but since it did once exist I was hoping Audi could do a resurrection like they will for paints. If I can do it I will do the exterior in the Nimbus having seen pics of an european V10 with it I think it will be very good looking.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Mark

Qisha
February 18th, 2010, 12:53
If you could i would appreciate HEAVILY it. I feel like my moccasin red in the NM coupe was a bit more burnt orange than the baseball version you show here (although this is from a coupe as a special order and not the roadster that came with the baseball so the more i look at this pic it looks close) but if it comes down to a yes I still have my gear shift with the exact leather i am after from my violently departed NM TT. Its not on the current list but since it did once exist I was hoping Audi could do a resurrection like they will for paints. If I can do it I will do the exterior in the Nimbus having seen pics of an european V10 with it I think it will be very good looking.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Mark

Dear mmaturo,

the color "Mocassin" is no longer part of the Audi exclusive Leather program. However there is a way to proceed a special order for you. Based on the origin leather used within the previous generation TT, the leather will be colored matching this sample. Please note that the plastic covers located on the seats will remain black and not color matching. Cost factor is Audi exclusive leather x 3,5 for custom order.

You might want to consider one of the R8 exclusive Leather choices: (Mustangbrown or Saddlebrown)

Qisha

RXBG
February 20th, 2010, 00:16
Qisha- do you have any pictures of the titanium V10 wheels?????

mmaturo
February 20th, 2010, 05:25
Dear mmaturo,

the color "Mocassin" is no longer part of the Audi exclusive Leather program. However there is a way to proceed a special order for you. Based on the origin leather used within the previous generation TT, the leather will be colored matching this sample. Please note that the plastic covers located on the seats will remain black and not color matching. Cost factor is Audi exclusive leather x 3,5 for custom order.

You might want to consider one of the R8 exclusive Leather choices: (Mustangbrown or Saddlebrown)

Qisha

THANK YOU very much for looking into this for me. Since the V10 is probably a once in a lifetime purchase i think even at 3.5 times the Audi exclusive may still be worth it to me if i go the Nimbus route...I'm ok with the black plastic and actually prefer it to hide scuffs better. Would they be able to do the stitching on black leather with thread that matches the mocassin?

KresoF1
February 20th, 2010, 10:32
Qisha- do you have any pictures of the titanium V10 wheels?????

Titanium wheels in V10 style do not exist.

You can order only normal five double spoke wheels in Titanium look(code PQK).

KresoF1
February 20th, 2010, 10:43
Check out following pics as well:
http://www.autogespot.com/nl/viewimages.php?id=c214748364805022010013314

Ice Silver with Carbon Sigma side blades and PQK wheels.

RXBG
February 20th, 2010, 12:30
Kreso- i think they exist

Qisah- can you PM me please?

RXBG
February 20th, 2010, 12:36
Kreso- nice new pics. i have to be honest with you. they do seem to look perenially dirty. or they simply don't photograph well.

Qisha
February 22nd, 2010, 09:49
THANK YOU very much for looking into this for me. Since the V10 is probably a once in a lifetime purchase i think even at 3.5 times the Audi exclusive may still be worth it to me if i go the Nimbus route...I'm ok with the black plastic and actually prefer it to hide scuffs better. Would they be able to do the stitching on black leather with thread that matches the mocassin?

Dear mmaturo,

Mustangbrown contrast stitching matches Mocassin over 95%. This option is available through Audi exclusive.

Qisha

RXBG
February 22nd, 2010, 13:59
Qisha- you have a PM.

RXBG
March 10th, 2010, 15:55
POLL:

car will have CF blades and Red interior and titanium wheels.

avus, apollo, or oxygen silver for the exterior?

roadrunner
March 10th, 2010, 16:05
:0: Apollo - a nice silver with a light darker touch

:nono: Avus has a hint of purple (?) in certain lighing situations

:nono: Oxygen is too silver for me. Great on a dark R8 as a Sideblade

Ruergard
March 10th, 2010, 16:24
I'd go with Apollo.

KresoF1
March 10th, 2010, 16:32
POLL:

car will have CF blades and Red interior and titanium wheels.

avus, apollo, or oxygen silver for the exterior?

Red interior, CF blades and Titanium wheels?

1. Apollo Silver Metallic(code Y38)

2. Suzuka Grey Metallic(code M1M1)

3. Graphite Grey Metallic(code 9Q9Q/M7W)

Oxygen Silver Metallic is for 50cent and Vanilla Ice(do you remember him?) IMHO.

Avus Silver Pearleffect is actually very, very nice with marginal purple hint but, it wont go right with Red interior. For Avus you will need Black(from standard offer) or Jet Grey(from Audi Exclusive) leather.

roadrunner
March 14th, 2010, 16:33
Or are my eyes playing a trick on me? Or is it the lighting. Or did RXBG drve me crazy with the colour choice hunt ;)

Qisha & KresoF1 - what's your take on this?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2698/4430397878_ff9b49f1f5_b.jpg

More at autogespot.com
Source: http://www.autogespot.com/nl/viewimages.php?id=c214748364813032010204540

wedouglas
March 14th, 2010, 18:21
Looks nice, but I'm pretty sure it's just a regular color thats new/waxed and under nice lighting.

RXBG
March 14th, 2010, 19:33
that is close at first glance. but it has a bluish hue. that is either ice silver or jet blue or another audi exclusive color. Qisha should know. apollo would be a pure unadulterated silver with no hint of blue or green. great find though. the first pic gives a very close idea of how it might look. wicked.

thanks for posting this. i am def. set on the titanium 5 spokes with this color.

Erik
March 15th, 2010, 07:08
The "holy grail" looks superb!

KresoF1
March 15th, 2010, 08:01
Or are my eyes playing a trick on me? Or is it the lighting. Or did RXBG drve me crazy with the colour choice hunt ;)

Qisha & KresoF1 - what's your take on this?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2698/4430397878_ff9b49f1f5_b.jpg

More at autogespot.com
Source: http://www.autogespot.com/nl/viewimages.php?id=c214748364813032010204540

Hmm...

It is either Quartz Grey or Apollo Silver. Little bit too dark for Ice Silver-but, overall ambient light is also darker(cloudy weather).

I looked at samples of Quartz Grey and Apollo Silver few days ago-they are very similar on darker ambient light. On direct sunshine you can see the real difference. Maybe Qisha could help more?

roadrunner
March 15th, 2010, 08:31
The "holy grail" looks superb!

It does :R8: Had a dream R8 combo in my mind, now have to reavaluate :hihi:

Now we have to figure out the colour.

Erik
March 15th, 2010, 09:40
http://www.dunlopix.com/R8130310.jpg

RS4 SM
March 17th, 2010, 18:55
Hi everyone....

That R8 V10 belongs to a friend i know of an i can assure you it looks a stunner day or night.....

Its not a very high spec V10 like it should have been it looks great on the outside but the inside is a base car....

The colour of this V10 is ' APPOLO SILVER CODE LY38 100% ' an dont let anyone tell you its not....

RXBG
March 17th, 2010, 19:19
BADA$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qisha can you verify? I guess i won't be the first but no matter. Who says i am the ONLY one with amazing taste!!! :p

RS4 M- any way to see more pics of this beauty. now i am going crazy waiting for it! that is an awesome car. i am still torn on the 5 spoke wheel finish though.

aaaaaargh!!~

roadrunner
March 17th, 2010, 19:32
...i guess i won't be the first but no matter. who says i am the ONLY one with amazing taste!!! :p

At least over thr big pond you are ;)

RS4 M- any way to see more pics of this beauty. now i am going crazy waiting for it!

Bring them on. Apollo is stunning to say the least :D

RS4 SM
March 17th, 2010, 23:18
Let me see what i can do RXBG on the pics for you as the guy does not always drive this car.....

but hay if we dont try we would never know....

I have also seen a R8 V10 in MONZA SILVER with CARBON BLADES an FULL RED LEATHER RS4 SEATS\BELTS with CARBON PACK INSIDE+ ENGINE BAY and the same wheels as above....

An trust me it looks F****** HOT RXBG......

RXBG
March 18th, 2010, 01:50
RS4- would love to see side by side of them, or at least pics of the monza- a color i have never seen in person. though i do think the apollo is the baddest silver around. and has the name to match.

RS4 SM
March 18th, 2010, 03:31
I will try my best mate.....

Watch this space.....

RXBG
April 26th, 2010, 20:10
Ok. Final spec- Apollo exterior and Black interior. CF mirrors, blades, titanium wheels. Went back and forth on the red interior, but I just did not think it would age as well as the black. Still unsure a bit, but I had to make a final decision. In other words- the car will look like serious, mean business. Now I really can't wait to find some GTR's to remind them than they can't outrun all the R8's they see :hihi:

roadrunner
April 26th, 2010, 21:20
Ok. Final spec- Apollo exterior and Black interior. CF mirrors, blades, titanium wheels. Went back and forth on the red interior, but I just did not think it would age as well as the black. Still unsure a bit, but I had to make a final decision. In other words- the car will look like serious, mean business. Now I really can't wait to find some GTR's to remind them than they can't outrun all the R8's they see :hihi:

OK RXGB, now SIGN the damn contract and let it come quickly ;)

J/K - great choice overall, especially as there is only one interior colour for me.

You know whar we expect after arrival - PICS, PICS, PICS :cheers:

andreadebi
April 27th, 2010, 13:15
great spec,congrats!now the countdown for the car ;)

RXBG
April 27th, 2010, 14:00
maybe in june!!!!!

andreadebi
May 2nd, 2010, 11:13
maybe in june!!!!!

;) did you consider as a choice also the R8 GT?

RXBG
May 2nd, 2010, 16:47
R8 GT- if it comes to america will be over a year from now. and cost more than i am willing to spend for a wknd ride :(

andreadebi
May 7th, 2010, 17:26
R8 GT- if it comes to america will be over a year from now. and cost more than i am willing to spend for a wknd ride :(

ok,it's reasonable ;)