PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a step by step fuel filter guide?

p3u
February 3rd, 2010, 18:35
I'd appreciate it if anyone had advice on how to replace it. If not I'll tinker around and post a diy.

Thanks!

DHall1
February 3rd, 2010, 18:55
The factory Audi clips are a real PITA. Scrap them and pick up some screw clamps before you take the car apart.

p3u
February 3rd, 2010, 18:58
The factory Audi clips are a real PITA. Scrap them and pick up some screw clamps before you take the car apart.

Are the stock ones the reusable kind you're referring too? If so agree 100%

How do I go about removing the filter, and where is it located exactly?

DHall1
February 3rd, 2010, 19:13
RR wheel under the fuel lift pump.

jack up the car and poke around under the RR of the car next to the gas tank.

You can reuse the stock clamp but will risk damage upon removal. Its safer to put a screw clamp on it. When you see the clamp you will understand.

Are the stock ones the reusable kind you're referring too? If so agree 100%

How do I go about removing the filter, and where is it located exactly?

hahnmgh63
February 3rd, 2010, 19:22
You are right about the Audi/VW fuel clips being a pain in the ass so I remove the filter with each short hose still attached then work the fuel clips on the bench. I replace the fuel clamps with higher quality stainless ones but I think you could easily re-use them if you wanted to. When you thread the filter back into place with the short hose connected, you need to snake the filter up around the pump so I cover the end with a piece of duct tape to keep dirt from getting in it, then when I get it into place I just pull the piece of tape and re-connect.

Brazil
February 3rd, 2010, 19:50
Missed you yesterday, what happened? Did you get my text? I returned your call...

Do you have any pictures of your Lancia?