PDA

View Full Version : Sway Bar upgrade

uncfrk
February 3rd, 2010, 15:21
I have a new Hotchkis sway bar kit. I'm thinking of doing the rear this weekend and the front at a later date. Since I don't have much history on the car, I want to make sure that it hasn't been already been upgraded. The new bars are 35mm front & 24mm rear. I haven't found the diameters of the stock bars. Can someone give me that info or direct me to where it can be found?

Thanks

V8weight
February 3rd, 2010, 15:51
The oem sway's are 29mm in the front and 20mm in the rear.

RC Vantage
February 3rd, 2010, 16:14
Does anyone know the dia's of the C6 S6 ARB's ?

Steve

uncfrk
February 3rd, 2010, 16:47
How hard is it to change the rear bar?

SAFE4NOW
February 3rd, 2010, 16:57
Sway Bars are not difficult to replace if you can get the car up high enough to work under.

I installed the H-Sport rear bar only and it has proven to help me rotate the car when needed!

Steve

ben916
February 3rd, 2010, 17:04
Sway Bars are not difficult to replace if you can get the car up high enough to work under.

I installed the H-Sport rear bar only and it has proven to help me rotate the car when needed!

Steve

Rotate like this???

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20269

uncfrk
February 3rd, 2010, 17:39
That's some rotating. As long as when its all said & done, the wheels are in the down position.

V8weight
February 4th, 2010, 00:05
How hard is it to change the rear bar?
It's only about a half hour job to install the rear sway bar. Jack the car up, and place the stands under the rear control arms in an attempt to keep the suspension compressed to the loaded position. I believe the 4 bushing/mounting bolts are 13mm, and the sway bar links are 16mm. You do have to lower the exhaust. You have to remove the rubber hangers at the rear by the mufflers as well as the two up ahead of the resonators. You only have to lower it a few inches, so keep a jack under the cat-back assy. It's heavier than it looks.

skyegtb
February 4th, 2010, 00:52
It's only about a half hour job to install the rear sway bar. Jack the car up, and place the stands under the rear control arms in an attempt to keep the suspension compressed to the loaded position. I believe the 4 bushing/mounting bolts are 13mm, and the sway bar links are 16mm. You do have to lower the exhaust. You have to remove the rubber hangers at the rear by the mufflers as well as the two up ahead of the resonators. You only have to lower it a few inches, so keep a jack under the cat-back assy. It's heavier than it looks.
I did an install guide a while back, you can find it here: It has some nice pictures!
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18723

uncfrk
February 4th, 2010, 16:03
That's great information. How could I ever go wrong? I'll let you know. Since I'm waiting on my TCU from Hoppen, I might as well replace both front & back anti roll bars. I thought the front would be a bigger job & was going to wait and do it when I do the timing belt and probably Wagner IC's.