PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels and Tires

AudiRS4ever
February 3rd, 2010, 14:20
Well, I got impatient and decided to order OEM Titanium RS4 wheels from McDonald Audi. They got here last week and the tires came in yesterday. I had them mounted and balanced locally and then put 2 of them on last night. These pics were taken with my camera phone and I promise when it gets nicer outside I'll get some better pics. That probably isn't going to happen for a while though. We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow. Oh well....... it looks much better sitting under the car cover with the RS4 wheels peeking out. :race:

Also, this is my first time with Photo Bucket, so here it goes. :stick:

AudiRS4ever
February 3rd, 2010, 14:28
Ok, per Dave's post: "Open a free Photobucket account.

Upload your pics

Copy and paste the pics from Photobucket to your response here.

Presto

If I can do it....anyone can"

I can click the copy button, but when I try to click the paste it is not available. What am I missing?:vhmmm:

DHall1
February 3rd, 2010, 14:33
Your worse than a kid in the candy store. Even when the candy store is parked in storage your out buying candy.

Photobucket failed. Did you load the pic in PB then right click on the PB pic and copy....then go into your RS6.com reply box and right click to paste directly into the forum box. Presto

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/DSC_5127.jpg?t=1265207100

Well, I got impatient and decided to order OEM Titanium RS4 wheels from McDonald Audi. They got here last week and the tires came in yesterday. I had them mounted and balanced locally and then put 2 of them on last night. These pics were taken with my camera phone and I promise when it gets nicer outside I'll get some better pics. That probably isn't going to happen for a while though. We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow. Oh well....... it looks much better sitting under the car cover with the RS4 wheels peeking out. :race:

Also, this is my first time with Photo Bucket, so here it goes. :stick:

AudiRS4ever
February 3rd, 2010, 14:44
Ok, I didn't get to where I am today by being an idiot, but this is absolutely beyond me. I load the picture, then it asked me if I want to save and return to album or save and get links. I've tried both ways and no where can I find an icon or text saying Photobucket click and copy. I am sure I'm missing something, but this is getting annoying to say the least.
And yes Dave, my wife made almost the same comment last night when she saw me putting them on. She was in complete disbelief. Oh well....... at least I keep her on her toes.

DHall1
February 3rd, 2010, 15:02
Ok, I see...you have not completed the PB upload.

Have you named your album? Have you then clicked (save and return to album)?

Then click on the picture itself to bring it up to full size.

Then hold arrow over picture and right click. Select copy from the pull down menu.

Now go over to RS6.com reply and hold arrow in your response box and right click. Select paste from the pull down and presto.

This is scary that I am the one to bring you up to speed on PB. Blind leading the blind comes to mind

Ok, I didn't get to where I am today by being an idiot, but this is absolutely beyond me. I load the picture, then it asked me if I want to save and return to album or save and get links. I've tried both ways and no where can I find an icon or text saying Photobucket click and copy. I am sure I'm missing something, but this is getting annoying to say the least.
And yes Dave, my wife made almost the same comment last night when she saw me putting them on. She was in complete disbelief. Oh well....... at least I keep her on her toes.

AudiRS4ever
February 3rd, 2010, 15:16
Did all of that and it still won't work. I get to where I right click and need to paste, but the paste icon is grayed out. At least I feel better now knowing that is what I was doing the whole time. Do you think it might be because I am running Windows 7? Just a thought. I'll keep messing with it and see what happens. Until then here are the 3 pics I was trying to post, but we'll just go old school this time. :)

DHall1
February 3rd, 2010, 15:22
what lug nuts did you use?

AudiRS4ever
February 3rd, 2010, 15:30
Same ones that the RS6 came with. The logic I used was that I had my RS4 wheels off a few times and couldn't recall the lug nuts being any longer than the ones on the RS6. If I screwed up let me know and I'll call McDonald and order new ones. I did order the RS4 lug nut caps which I have, but forgot to put on last night. I'll put them on when I take some better pics.

DHall1
February 3rd, 2010, 15:47
Lug caps

Can you post a pic and part number? Oh and can you make sure they fit. :-)

Thats what I was getting around to. The C5 RS6 lug was not really designed to be exposed and thus is not very pretty. The lug cover is whats needed.

We need them for the VMR wheels.

Same ones that the RS6 came with. The logic I used was that I had my RS4 wheels off a few times and couldn't recall the lug nuts being any longer than the ones on the RS6. If I screwed up let me know and I'll call McDonald and order new ones. I did order the RS4 lug nut caps which I have, but forgot to put on last night. I'll put them on when I take some better pics.

AudiRS4ever
February 3rd, 2010, 16:37
Lug caps

Can you post a pic and part number? Oh and can you make sure they fit. :-)

Thats what I was getting around to. The C5 RS6 lug was not really designed to be exposed and thus is not very pretty. The lug cover is whats needed.

We need them for the VMR wheels.

The part number is:

321 601 173 A

Spaced out farther is T W 3
I don't think that is part of the part number though. I'll check fit tonight.

p3u
February 3rd, 2010, 18:04
Nice!

Here is how to post pics from photobucket.

After you upload the image, select and copy the "direct link" address, and then when you are posting a message paste the code between the following:

img src="

after the quotation marks paste the direct link.

Now follow this by "img src

Also put a < before the first img and a > after the last src. If i wrote it all out it trys to post a picture and doesn't show you what I wanted!

Hope this helps!

AudiRS4ever
February 3rd, 2010, 18:28
Thank you Thank you Thank you. It works.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy335/Chrisfast44/Funny%20Pictures/debt.jpg

p3u
February 3rd, 2010, 18:32
Welcome!

Ha, I like were you going with that pic.

DHall1
February 3rd, 2010, 18:34
She is even better looking than Fonzi's girl.

hahahah

Well I like the poster. Some day when she grows up....she is going to hit you over the head with that poster.

3.8 Trillion budget does not even factor in losses in Fannie and Freddie. Deficit is projected to add 1.8 Trillion but that does not include the 3-400 Billion expected losses in FNM and FRE. CBO is angry that the misinformation is getting out to the public and not including the accurate estimates.

FYI

AudiRS4ever
February 3rd, 2010, 18:37
Well, she's not mine. I'd be proud as hell of her if she was though. Guess I don't have to worry about her hitting me over the head when she grows up. Hope and Change baby.........

MaxRS6
February 4th, 2010, 01:05
http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9150&d=1265210153
http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9150&d=1265210153

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9149&d=1265210153

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9153&d=1265215065

AudiRS4ever
February 4th, 2010, 14:23
Here's a pic with the lug caps on. Tight fit, but they are correct. Didn't have one to go over the wheel locks, but they are black.

First pic is for Dave. I told you I wanted to see some good looking wheel under the car cover. Nothing beats seeing this over the 18's. Well, maybe actually getting to drive it.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy335/Chrisfast44/RS4%20Wheels%20and%20Tires/CarCover.png

Here are the caps. Again, using my Iphone so they're not great pics.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy335/Chrisfast44/RS4%20Wheels%20and%20Tires/RS4LugCaps.png