PDA

View Full Version : 30,000 miles and both intercoolers leaking.

DHall1
January 28th, 2010, 22:00
Happy days!

Oh Fidelity....hello.

#@$#@#@#, #$#%$%$%, F#$#$@#@, %#$@#@#@#

You have got to be kidding me. After close inspection during the timing belt service this weekend it was clear my oil haze has started in the corner of both intercoolers.

Honestly, at 30,000 miles this is a joke. That supplier should be drug thru town by their you know what.

GEN XER
January 28th, 2010, 22:10
Go luck with proving it to Fidelity.

MaxRS6
January 28th, 2010, 22:10
hmmm- what are the odds mine need to replaced at 121K? Those are one of the few and the proud parts that hasn't yet been replaced?

If Fidelity will- have them reimburse you for the OEM's price and get the Wagners for the difference out of pocket. I was able to do a couple of these type of "swap" outs when I was under warranty.

mmaturo
January 28th, 2010, 22:14
hmmm- what are the odds mine need to replaced at 121K? Those are one of the few and the proud parts that hasn't yet been replaced?

If Fidelity will- have them reimburse you for the OEM's price and get the Wagners for the difference out of pocket. I was able to do a couple of these type of "swap" outs when I was under warranty.

I'm afraid to even have anyone look. Mine are also still somehow original at 85K. No warranty tells me i'm just gonna let them leak anyway.

DHall1
January 28th, 2010, 23:10
Here ye, here ye

Ye have little faith that Dave can get his intercoolers covered by Fidelity should think again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cepz-Cx7xgQ

or plan b

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/ba-bosch.jpg?t=1264720468

MaxRS6
January 28th, 2010, 23:31
Is that the bosch 044 fuel pump 650RS installed??? Wow!!! I gotta get me some of those...LOL

Yes, for E85 1x Bosch 044 will not be sufficent as the AFR is much richer with this fuel.

The need for a surge tank is to ensure that if the lift pump (intank) is ever starved of fuel the 2x Bosch 044's have enough fuel (in surge tank) to ensure the engine doesnt go BOOM!

hahnmgh63
January 29th, 2010, 00:05
Dhall1, I hate to say I told you so but here are your words when we were complaining about them last year:

"The time and trouble to try and JBWeld a failure joint is not worth my time. I dont wish to do this 3 times just to have it last 3 months.

Whatever you think of the stock parts they perform and have lasted 6 years.

If cost is an issue and the Wagners are too much. (Have you checked with Grizz?). Then I would find a discount Audi retailer and buy the stock intercoolers."

RS6-4dr911
January 29th, 2010, 00:21
The OEM's are very close to the cost of both the Apikols and Wagners (ducts not included), you'll spend a little more in labor to get them to fit properly (either variety) but quality on both is much, much better.

The OEM castings say Portugal, but someone else said they were fabricated in Spain. Neither is a paragon of manufacturing quality as far as general reputations go. Great seafood though (paella).

DHall1
January 29th, 2010, 01:05
I report...you decide. Fair and balanced.

Was I happy that mine were leaking at 30k? No but I will still report my findings to the group.

The stock units are of poor build quality. I hope the new ones are better.

If you dont have warranty....then maybe the aftermarket.

I will let Fidelity install new Audi intercoolers and then check them in 2014 again before the warranty runs out.

My 02c. You all can make your own decisions.

Dhall1, I hate to say I told you so but here are your words when we were complaining about them last year:

"The time and trouble to try and JBWeld a failure joint is not worth my time. I dont wish to do this 3 times just to have it last 3 months.

Whatever you think of the stock parts they perform and have lasted 6 years.

If cost is an issue and the Wagners are too much. (Have you checked with Grizz?). Then I would find a discount Audi retailer and buy the stock intercoolers."

GEN XER
January 29th, 2010, 03:24
I report...you decide. Fair and balanced.

Was I happy that mine were leaking at 30k? No but I will still report my findings to the group.

The stock units are of poor build quality. I hope the new ones are better.

If you dont have warranty....then maybe the aftermarket.

I will let Fidelity install new Audi intercoolers and then check them in 2014 again before the warranty runs out.

My 02c. You all can make your own decisions.

Your not gonna get it. I see a denial in your future. LOL. When Fidelity is trying to get 15k for a warranty you know they are seeing the red coming down the pipe.

DHall1
January 29th, 2010, 03:54
Willie,

Just sit tight. If its a failed pressure test they want....then its a failed pressure test they will get.

Here ye, here ye

Ye have little faith that Dave can get his intercoolers covered by Fidelity should think again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cepz-Cx7xgQ

or plan b

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/ba-bosch.jpg?t=1264720468

GEN XER
January 29th, 2010, 04:00
Willie,

Just sit tight. If its a failed pressure test they want....then its a failed pressure test they will get.

LOL. I Understand.