PDA

View Full Version : know a good chip shop

brian currie
September 5th, 2003, 09:42
:mad:
had three months of my avant rs6,now was the time to visit chip
shop.lets just see what we can do!.will it affect warranty,who knows,will they be able to tell,who knows. of we go!
reputable chipper near silverstone,leave for two days,told well have 530bhp and bags of torque,so much we can bag it and keep it in boot to throw out at passer byes!
well its now a no goer being towed to local dealer,chipper cant get it to start!
now will i be found out!
lets hope its resolved and i get it back soon and retain my warranty.
what do we do then,carry on as normal or can someone suggest a chipper they used and can you let me know your exp.
is this just a mid life crisis,after going from 911 for 10years to xkr for the last 3 its the only vech that goes like******* and i can get my clubs and electric trolley in,and still feel smug when i arrive,boy do they know im comming with the sound of that exhaust.keep you posted.BC:mad:

TheBrit
September 5th, 2003, 11:43
Do you know what brand of chip the dealer were putting in? The Audi-modding folks usually say good things about MTM (apart form a few S4s and RS4s that got a bit over-egged).

Abt are doing a chip through Audi dealers where you can chip for 505bhp and keep your warranty, but it's expensive at around £3k... :eek: Your dealer should know about this.

If your're going the independant route, you could always try Kim Collins at qst - he's got a good reputation.

Hope you get sorted!

Chris.

Muju
September 8th, 2003, 05:50
I recommend MTM over anything.

So MTM it is=):addict:

Erik
September 8th, 2003, 09:13
MTM is nice but in the UK Abt will warrant your car.

Muju
September 8th, 2003, 13:12
ah your right Erik,
i forgot to take that into account:0:

John Quinlan
September 8th, 2003, 16:12
Stay tuned guys, APR has their RS6 and they'll have their software out pretty soon. And have you seen their new DPP programming? Modifies the ECU directly through the OBD-II port without actually physically touching the ECU at all (very nice for keeping your warranty in tact). You also get the ability to switch between as many as four different programs. Pretty amazing stuff. I've driven many 2.7Ts with APR stuff and know it to be top quality stuff (not to mention the extra technology that goes into it...multiple programs, DPP, etc).

Erik
September 8th, 2003, 18:35
Regarding ODB-II port chipping - make sure they chip the tiptronic as well. Otherwise I'd NEVER get it.

brian currie
September 9th, 2003, 11:43
ongoing story,
rac arrived at place of breakdown,spent three hours still no go!.
audi hit squad called, they arrive and spend rest of day and give up at 1820.car recovered next day to dealer,cant start untill tue/wed 10sept.three non starts and your out in drag racing,car wont start,dealer cant start,and i cant start work, do i give up and buy a daewoo.
call today from dealer,need my passport no and my driver licence no,they need to order a new ecu!as they cant under law as its encripted to me personally,does that have something to do with the tracking mechanism? if the cars stolen etc.
gald im on holiday in portugal playing golf till month end.
when i come back,hope its sorted and ill start again.
am i brave enough to try again,what if its another fiasco.
should i be content with life as it is.
keep you posted.

TheBrit
September 9th, 2003, 14:13
Originally posted by brian currie
call today from dealer,need my passport no and my driver licence no,they need to order a new ecu!as they cant under law as its encripted to me personally
I think that's slightly wrong - more likely they need some proof of your ID so they can demonstrate to Audi / quattro Gmbh that it's a genuine customer order, not a spare ECU to be used for chipping or something.

They might send your ECU over to Germany to be resurrected by quattro. I just hope they don't pronounce cause of death to be tampering. If they do, I'd talk to the tuner who had it when it expired and suggest they cough up for a new one...

nene
September 9th, 2003, 15:25
Really sorry to hear of all your troubles Brian. I hope all is fixed by the time you're done with golf vacation.
Speaking of which, I hope you have a great time in Portugal. That's where I'm originally from, and it's a lovely country.

So is there no way to order another ECU for the RS6 without raising suspicion?