PDA

View Full Version : RS6 V8tt Vs S6 V10 Vs RS6 V10

RC Vantage
January 22nd, 2010, 14:33
Good Morning,
I am very new to this forum, but an old hand in the Audi World...I currently have an S6 V10 (having swapped it for my old RS6 2 years ago), I have come to love the V10 engine, it's just a brilliant unit, and I have to say I am not a big fan of forced induction. My normally asprirated fairly standard car has more than enough power to see off most wannabe racers in their Evo's, 911's etc
I guess my question really is should I be looking to upgrade to the latest RS6 version or spend a bit more money upgrading my current steed ?

Options and opinions welcome !

RC

PS - Why no Falg waving smilie for S6 Owners ?

Erik
January 22nd, 2010, 16:28
Depends on what you're looking for, I guess the S6 V10 isn't easily upgraded.

The RS6 is...

ttboost
January 22nd, 2010, 16:31
Depends on what you're looking for, I guess the S6 V10 isn't easily upgraded.

The RS6 is...

Right. Normally aspirated cars are limited in performance upgrades in that they can only suck in the so much air/fuel. Forced induction cars have the performance advantage of controlling how much air the engine takes in. More air, more fuel, more boom.:jlol:

ZCD2.7T
January 22nd, 2010, 18:58
Good Morning,
I am very new to this forum, but an old hand in the Audi World...I currently have an S6 V10 (having swapped it for my old RS6 2 years ago), I have come to love the V10 engine, it's just a brilliant unit, and I have to say I am not a big fan of forced induction. My normally asprirated fairly standard car has more than enough power to see off most wannabe racers in their Evo's, 911's etc
I guess my question really is should I be looking to upgrade to the latest RS6 version or spend a bit more money upgrading my current steed ?

RC

Unitronic has a chip that picks up something like 20hp and 20 lb. ft, which doesn't sound like much, but those who have purchased it seem to be especially pleased with the improved throttle response.:

http://www.unitronic.ca/performance-software-res.php?brand=AUDI&model=S6&year=2007&displacement=5.2L+FSI&x=16&y=13

S6 (CPO) is on my short-list for my next car, along with B8 S4 and A6 3.0T.

skribe
January 22nd, 2010, 23:38
After my M3 got totaled by a texting driver last summer, I was actually going to buy a new C6 S6... But after I drove it, I thought it was a pig... just felt big and heavy, and the V-10 just didn't give the same kick in that ass that the 4.2t in the RS6 does...

So, I spent six months looking for an RS6 before I found that right one.

And I'm so glad I did. S6's are a dime a dozen anyway.

Spidercat
January 23rd, 2010, 00:36
-pulling up a chair-

http://www.improvresourcecenter.com/mb/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

skribe
January 23rd, 2010, 06:32
Good Morning,

RC

PS - Why no Falg waving smilie for S6 Owners ?

Whooooooops. Didn't mean to be a troll and call your car a pig. :doh:

I'm afraid I read your post under the influence of too many Modelos... I thought you were trying to decide between C5 RS6 and C6 S6. Obviously we don't get the C6 RS6 here... If we could, I would.

But I'm a sucker for turbos... I have a 1.8t VW that runs 24 psi on a K04-20 and a 3" downpipe... so much fun to tune.

LOL on the Spidercat post.

RC Vantage
January 25th, 2010, 11:00
I think I missed something, - "Here" being the US? I am in the UK...& You can't buy the V10 RS6 - Bummer ! I didn't know that...

I like my car, I can't feel it's heaviness and I have all sorts of other cars, including a AM Vanquish S and Ferrari 575, If I want the Sports experience I drive one of those...But this is my everyday, trundle up and down motorways car, and apart from rubbish MPG I think it makes a great hack, not to say that I wouldn't mind an RS6 Saloon for the little extra, but Turbo cars seem so OTT...?

RC

skribe
January 26th, 2010, 16:19
Well............ those are all heavy cars in my book! GREAT cars, yes. My perspective is different I suppose, I grew up riding superbikes and tuning GTIs, so everything feels heavy to me... I do have a Range Rover HSE, but unlike most Americans, I don't consider it a car, it's a truck, so it's heaviness is different.

Jealous of the 575, so classic. I absolutely covet a black 599 that appeared in my neighborhood last summer...

Now, if I were you, I be after a KTM X-Bow, a Lotus 7, or an Ariel Atom to round out the collection. :cheers: